Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closte Hosting - Two Factor Authentication

Options
  • 06-05-2021 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anyone on here using 'Closte' for hosting?

Today I tried to login as usual but was asked for a six-digit Google Two Factor Authentication. I don't have this set up on my account, so I'm not receiving any code. It requires a six-digit code but I have no way of receiving this ocde.

Worse still, I can't contact them.

I have tried contacting Closte, but they're not responding. Their online contact forum is disabled, they cannot be messaged on twitter, and their sales eMail address is not replying to my emails.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

dunneg wrote: »
    Anyone on here using 'Closte' for hosting?

Today I tried to login as usual but was asked for a six-digit Google Two Factor Authentication. I don't have this set up on my account, so I'm not receiving any code. It requires a six-digit code but I have no way of receiving this ocde.

Worse still, I can't contact them.

I have tried contacting Closte, but they're not responding. Their online contact forum is disabled, they cannot be messaged on twitter, and their sales eMail address is not replying to my emails.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

I think app from play store, you can set it up your self
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2&hl=en&gl=US

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

Hi MarkMoto

Yes, i can download the app from the Play Store - but I can't set it up for the hosting account because I can't log in to the account.

To set up Google Authenticator, you need to be able to access your account to scan a QR code and set up Two Step Verification.

Becasue I can't log in I can't do this. And the reason I can't log in is because they are asking for a Google Two Step Authenication code.

And they are not eplying to any of my eMails.

I really don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dunneg wrote: »
    Today I tried to login as usual but was asked for a six-digit Google Two Factor Authentication. I don't have this set up on my account,

Chances are you were compromised.

Be VERY careful that nobody has done this to keep you out while spinning up a load of sites on your dime.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

...lesson learned.

Avoid Closte

Advertisement