Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for Dublin garage to install a lift kit

Options
  • 06-05-2021 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm looking for a garage around Dublin to get a 2" lift kit( Front Spacers and Rear Shackles) installed on a Mitsubishi L200. I've got the kit- I'm just looking to install it and also to get an idea of how much it would cost.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Whocare

I believe you need is an engineer's report went it be going for cvrt .just Incase you didn't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BroncoChild

For a 2"?! That's preposterous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I wouldnt have thought it would need an engineers report for extended shackles -but won't be difficult to get anyway if required.

Any garage used to working on 4x4s will be able to fit the kit handy enough, an avid DIYer wouldn't really struggle either.

The front shock spacers are very easy to fit, but bare in mind suspension geometry is fairly crap after fitting.

I thought it would only be considered a mod if it were above 3"(still do but will double check that info). I've got all the gear and know how to do it myself just wouldn't mind paying a few quid to save me some hassle.

CVRT manual doesn't note measurements but does have a catch-all note for suspension:

"modification to the suspension system (including modifications to anti-roll bars)"

Probably soemwhat open to interpretation - the tester may not notice/care/consider it a modification, but they may.

• Advertisement

Tester may love to push for that re-test...
    I imagine they would have to find some inconsistency or imbalance with the suspension, though.
    Any idea of how much the service would cost to get the kit installed?

Tester may love to push for that re-test...
    I imagine they would have to find some inconsistency or imbalance with the suspension, though.
    Any idea of how much the service would cost to get the kit installed?

Ah, they test them all the time, they'll know that its lifted when they see it first and will be sure of it when they see an extended shackle and a spacer on top of the shock.

Not sure on cost tbh, few hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I thought it would only be considered a mod if it were above 3"(still do but will double check that info). I've got all the gear and know how to do it myself just wouldn't mind paying a few quid to save me some hassle.

Check with your insurance before doing the lift. Irish insurance doesn't like modifications

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Wailin

Del2005 wrote: »
    Check with your insurance before doing the lift. Irish insurance doesn't like modifications

Like a broken record aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Whocare

Wailin wrote: »

It fun and game till there be a crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Wailin wrote: »

Yes. What's wrong with reminding/advising people to do things legally?

Del2005 wrote: »
    Yes. What's wrong with reminding/advising people to do things legally?

Tell me, do you work for an insurance company? You sure are very interested in other peoples business when it comes to that side of motoring.

Whocare wrote: »
    It fun and game till there be a crash

Whocare(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wailin, leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I'm looking for a garage around Dublin to get a 2" lift kit( Front Spacers and Rear Shackles) installed on a Mitsubishi L200. I've got the kit- I'm just looking to install it and also to get an idea of how much it would cost.

Thanks

I've a kit waiting to go on myself, just waiting on upgraded leaf springs cos mine are like pancakes. You'll also need extended shocks for the rear and longer bump stops for the front.

Advertisement