Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I think the Examiner "imbecile journalist" McInerney mentioned was actually the one attacking her

Sorry if I am misreading this, but you think Moore was the one abusing McInerney?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,131 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Classic stuff. Calm Sarah is one of the best counterpoints to this stuff I have ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

What a strange man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Ronan McGreevy won't be on twitter for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Shelga wrote: »
    I was barely aware of this man, if at all, and don’t know the ins and outs, but listening to him now on RTÉ radio 1, he sounds like a deranged fruit loop.

He’s been a looper at least 20 years at this stage

In his own head he thinks he’s hugely influential and important...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

She let him off the hook at the end. I hoped she’d ask if he thought she was a SF stooge and was that why they attacked her.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sorry if I am misreading this, but you think Moore was the one abusing McInerney?

No, McInerney mentioned him calling an Examiner journalist an "imbecile" a while back for like a tweet (supposedly a SF tweet) and asked him to recall

He said he didn't remember

I suspect McInerney was that journalist he called an "imbecile"

Classic stuff. Calm Sarah is one of the best counterpoints to this stuff I have ever heard.

No doubt Claire Byrne would have spent the whole time apologising to him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Maria Bailey has nothing on this headbanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Danzy wrote: »
    In fairness I have to agree. It's the legal action that is the real meat.

The one by the Larkin guy with the article in the Times? That's the real source of Harris's trouble here (even though the Moore stuff is more eye-catching)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No, McInerney mentioned him calling an Examiner journalist an "imbecile" a while back for like a tweet (supposedly a SF tweet) and asked him to recall

He said he didn't remember

I suspect McInerney was that journalist he called an "imbecile"

Yeah I'm listening back now on tune in,

McInerney definitely said she had to mute the Barbara account because of the tweets going out about her and at her, Harris replied saying she was no shrinking violet, Sarah agreed with that assessment, and Harris trying to insist the tweets weren't personalised, McInerney insists they were. I know who I believe.

Said she's been on twitter since 2009 and only muted 15 accs.

No idea why he agreed to that interview tbh.

He's really sore about RTE not giving him a plinth, like he feels that he was being denied something that he rightfully should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm listening back now on tune in,

McInerney definitely said she had to mute the Barbara account because of the tweets going out about her and at her, Harris replied saying she was no shrinking violet, Sarah agreed with that assessment, and Harris trying to insist the tweets weren't personalised, McInerney insists they were. I know who I believe.

Said she's been on twitter since 2009 and only muted 15 accs.

No idea why he agreed to that interview tbh.

Because he’s delusional: “every time I’m on RTÉ I hurt SF.”

Faugheen wrote: »
    It clearly wasn’t just those two tweets.

What were the other tweets about her?

The way the "backside" one was portrayed I expected something much worse than it actually was. The "turned on" about a Mary Lou speech one, I can't (and I suspect others) condemn it too much as I have long laughed (and agreed!) with comments mocking Harris for **** over loyalist bigots and Bertie.

I mean, they were not nice but I don't quite see how they would send you to the Gardaí and counselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

I was barely aware of this man, if at all, and don’t know the ins and outs, but listening to him now on RTÉ radio 1, he sounds like a deranged fruit loop.

Same as, I’d have an interest in politics but avoid the Irish Independent, so I’ll put my hand up and say I have never heard of him.

Yer man sounded unhinged. Dunno if it’s because he had a rough nights sleep and might have had a few Cherry’s during the day but he was totally incoherent and frothing at the mouth for a row, then almost self congratulatory claimed he’s not on RTÉ because he wipes the floor with them. I have absolutely no time for RTÉ bias and censorship but I wouldn’t be letting this man air for anything. You’d think some semblance of embarrassment and shame would kick in but he’s mad for defending himself as a Twitter troll abusing people and admiring his own work on threads. Absolute lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Independent have a couple of geriatric fruit loop columnists who basically put out a variation of the same column every week, Harris is one and another one is Ruth Dudley Edwards, a pulp fiction writer who was besotted with David Trimble

I think that puts paid to the suggestion that the Indo and RTÉ are two organisations that are inherently biased against nationalists. One got rid of him, and the other gave him enough rope to hang himself with.

The media doing its job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Oh how lucky you are.

Very few men have made me seethe as him. It's been a good day.

I think that puts paid to the suggestion that the Indo and RTÉ are two organisations that are inherently biased against nationalists. One got rid of him, and the other gave him enough rope to hang himself with.

It's 2021, almost a quarter century after the GFA and Harris sunk his own battleship.

The media doing its job.

No, sorry. One is funded by the tax payer so they recognise a liability when they see one no matter how much they would love to have him on with his own show, this isn’t a possibility. The other privatised rag The Indo, enough rope to hang himself or just gave him enough room to do whatever he wanted until something like this happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

It's 2021, almost a quarter century after the GFA and Harris sunk his own battleship.

More a pedalo than a battleship,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Ronan McGreevy won't be on twitter for a while
    Why whats happened?

The media doing its job.

The Indo only got rid because he has landed them in a legal and press complaint quagmire.
    Sorry...no kudos for shutting doors when horses have bolted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sarah McInerney....bloody hell....she totally wrecked him in that interview lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

To those saying Aoife Grace Moore is using this to further her career. She has no need to as she is one of Ireland's best young journalists and last year she was one of the journalists who broke the Golfgate story.

gmisk wrote: »
    Sarah McInerney....bloody hell....she totally wrecked him in that interview lol

Stayed icy calm and fed him the rope. Even though she was a victim herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Stayed icy calm and fed him the rope. Even though she was a victim herself.
    "Ah Eoghan, will you stop with the nonsense" ha ha.
    Initially I was like why isn't she challenging him...but as you say she just let him hang himself....then absolutely wrecked him in a really matter of fact way.
    The fact she had to fecking block him!
    Definitely best car crash interview since Maria Bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Morgans

my favourite harris moment was when he was on the radio probably about 10 or 15 years ago, and there was a slightly testy atmosphere between him, the host and another guest (alas, i cannot remember who the other two were) and he got annoyed and started refusing to answer questions unless he was addressed as 'Senator Harris'.

That was on Today FM. Mick Clifford was the guest, and Matt Cooper, the presenter.

Mick Clifford was very sharp is referring to him as "Appointed Senator Harris" after the exchange.

gmisk wrote: »
    "Ah Eoghan, will you stop with the nonsense" ha ha.
    Initially I was like why isn't she challenging him...but as you say she just let him hang himself....then absolutely wrecked him in a really matter of fact way.
    The fact she had to fecking block him!
    Definitely best car crash interview since Maria Bailey

Anyone got a link, missed the first minute or two.

• Advertisement

The fact remains that Harris is getting cancelled because he was mean on Twitter, and not because of his countless years of destructive activism, polemic and "advice" to numerous taoisigh which informed southern policy on the north (which nearly scuppered the GFA) Its all a bit mad really.

Advertisement