Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Danzy wrote: »
    God complex.

He is very intelligent but if he was even slightly functional upstairs he'd have been a world beater in whatever he did.

Maybe that mental dsyfunction was his muse.

Is he really that intelligent tho?

Or - someone who had aspirations to be an intellectual and who ran from every cause he was involved in when things got too much for him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Is he really that intelligent tho?

Or - someone who had aspirations to be an intellectual and who ran from every cause he was involved in when things got too much for him...

He's got what they used call "Notions of himself",

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Awaaf

I love the intro describing him as "sock puppet account co-founder (Eoghan Harris)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭tigger123

Probably been posted already, but the link to the interview is below.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/recent

Apparently Sinn Fein have pressured Twitter into cancelling his accounts. He's some gobsh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He's 78, time for him to call it off now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Am listening to the interview here. Funny stuff especially when he was losing it at Sarah McInerney. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I enjoyed his hatred of all things Sinn Fein IRA

But he has fcuked himself up royally here

I enjoyed his hatred of all things Sinn Fein IRA

But he has fcuked himself up royally here

He just came across as a bitter and twisted old man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Floppybits wrote: »

An alternative opinion right or wrong

When that’s gone what’s left?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

volchitsa wrote: »
    How does having the civil rights marches in Derry as your profile show that you a tough person? Those of us who grew up there didn't do it because we were tough, we didn't have a choice. Plenty of people in Derry were traumatised by all of that, but you had to put up with it.

As for "trashy and classless", it sounds like irony to me.

I'd bet the 'trashy and classless' bit was tweeted at her by someone and she has it there for irony.

The problem was though it wasn't just an alternative opinion. Anyone can have alternative opinion as we see on here and how those posters are ridiculed by others for having those opinions but Harris went further than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Right, those tweets are not nice, but involving the Gardaí and needing counselling? Seems a bit much.

You and the other guy do realise that "counselling" could simply mean talking to someone about how to deal with a certain situation in a rational manner and not laying on a couch talking to a psychiatrist about your mother right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Former Stickie, SF stole his thunder,

"Moore thinks she is sniping safely from behind Derry hedges, but she’s actually sniping from an ROI hedge in the Examiner and her SF backside is sticking up in the air.”

This was pretty funny now in fairness.

May he enjoy the autumn of his years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Harris was bitter and twisted long before he was old

It's funny to me that he's putting forward this notion that he was only one of a group of people using this account, I wonder is that a reference to his other personalities :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Their cartoonist will be getting their P45 too ,I suppose or were they already gone for the MaryLou cauldron ?

Jim Coogan, was that his name?,
    another c.n.u.t, always got the impression he suffered the same demented hatred as Harris, maybe he can get a job at Punch magazine or Breitbart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

jasas that interview was some car crash ,

I wouldnt know Sarah McInerney but she seemed to do really well

harris on the other hand seems like some kind of a Iona institute nutter ,

is having some kind of break down or is it bitterness at his former sf team mates ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Am listening to the interview here. Funny stuff especially when he was losing it at Sarah McInerney. :)
    I have to hand it to McInerney - excellent example of cooly allowing someone damn themselves.
    I especially enjoyed her dispassionate 'I have a Twitter account since 2009 and I've only muted 15 accounts and one of them was @Barbara2Pym'
    followed by zero comeback from motormouth.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Any link to the interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,700 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

archfi wrote: »
    I have to hand it to McInerney - excellent example of cooly allowing someone damn themselves.
    I especially enjoyed her dispassionate 'I have a Twitter account since 2009 and I've only muted 15 accounts and one of them was @Barbara2Pym'
    followed by zero comeback from motormouth.

Did you notice how he almost patronised her with 'lass' when she said that? :)

I got the distinct impression he was heavily coached coming on but Sarah's calmness threw him and he lost it, claiming SF had pressured Twitter to remove the account.

Harris is the classic example of what happens when SF live under your bed for too long...everyone becomes a shinner out to undermine the state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,700 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Listening to that he makes it seems like "running" a twitter account requires a post doctorate.

Twitter apparently suspended 9 accounts related to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Because he’s delusional: “every time I’m on RTÉ I hurt SF.”

I was thinking more of how he agreed to the interview, in light of the fact McInerney revealed she herself had to block the Barbara account for trolling her.

I mean, surely Harris couldn't have forgotten to trolling a well known journalist/broadcaster, and he didn't seem to make the connection that McInerney might will almost certainly call him out on it?

What an absolute lunatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

McMurphy wrote: »
    I was thinking more of how he agreed to the interview, in light of the fact McInerney revealed she herself had to block good account for trolling her.

I mean, surely Harris couldn't have forgotten to trolling a well known journalist/broadcaster, and he didn't seem to make the convention that McInerney might will almost certainly call me out on it?

What an absolute lunatic.

Maybe he was pissed late at night when he tweeted sh1t and forgot, toxic old troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Harris said on Drivetime the others using the account were not journalists. He also said there were 6 others using but it's confirmed that it's 9.
    No there is 6 users of the account and 9 other accounts linked to it. These 9 accounts have been suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Senior

Obsessed with SF. And his downfall in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Listening to that he makes it seems like "running" a twitter account requires a post doctorate.

Twitter apparently suspended 9 accounts related to this.

Lets not forget the poor chap needed the help to run a twitter account because he had no platform for his views....except for his column in a national newspaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Jesus...that was just pathetic. It was like a Fisher Price Laugh and Learn piano trying to play off against a Steinway.

He really has some kind of warped delusion of being a crusader. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭blackcard

Eoghan was full of his own self importance. He mentioned on many occasions that the nation of Ireland was being deprived because RTE chose not not to have him appear on tv where he could dispense his wisdom to the masses. Very considerate of him to point this out. I think that he was expecting a mass uprising to demand that this outrageous situation would be rectified.

Advertisement