Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Piehead wrote: »
    Sad state of affairs. A great man with a wonderful intellect done down again. Only in time will we realise what Harris’ potential could have been - he may have been the best Taoiseach we never had. Why in this country do we not appreciate the truly great people we have until it’s too late? When Bertie made him Senator he could have also made him Minister for Foreign Affairs.

Which Harris are you referring to here? Richard? Keith?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Which Harris are you referring to here? Richard.

Ed??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Darc19 wrote: »
    Listening to the SF/IRA apologists, you'd think that they would never have any fake social media profiles and that they are all upstanding citizens.

Harris' problem is he is too outspoken and got caught.

It was projection. He's a problem with women and deeply sectarian. His hounding of John Hume was something else and he was a imbecile. Listed to his warning against the Good Friday Agreement :

“If we persist with the peace process it will end with sectarian slaughter in the North, with bombs in Dublin, Cork and Galway, and with the ruthless reign by provisional gangs over the ghettos of Dublin. The only way to avoid this abyss is to cut the cord to John Hume”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Listening to the SF/IRA apologists, you'd think that they would never have any fake social media profiles and that they are all upstanding citizens.

Indeed and yes it's gas seeing & hearing the Shinnerbots tearing into Harris when they are continuously at media manipulation. It's not a ballot box in one hand and an armalite in the other now but social media accounts in one hand and a ballot box in the other, with the armalite behind the back.

Hear Harris on the radio yesterday and he gave a good enough account of himself. Whether that's an honest representation or not I don't know but I suspect at his age it is, he has little enough to fear other than the approaching grim reaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

And not that he's a misogynistic narcissist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Bambi wrote: »
    Absolutely, Harris was the most doctrinaire of the Workers Party commissars, the tactics they used to blaggard and remove their opponents is the playbook that the woke types inherited.

Hopefully he enjoys that petard he's now dangling from

Theres few things lower than the sticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Excusing an apologist for loyalist buddies Ervine and Spence to have a swipe at SF apologists?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Theres few things lower than the sticky.

Did they cover up rapes, shoot a disabled child in the head, shoot 11 men based on their religion, or remove a lad’s eyes with a screwdriver outside a pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,703 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The desperation to get the thread turned into a shinner one is shinister in the extreme.

This one is about a so called 'journalist', the High King of the Shinisterists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Did they cover up rapes, shoot a disabled child in the head, shoot 11 men based on their religion, or remove a lad’s eyes with a screwdriver outside a pub?

I think there is another thread on British army antics Abominable, this one is about Eoghan Harris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The ostracization of Harris in nothing more than window dressing. SF has been running an online campaign on the scale of the Russian state, possibly sponsored by same.

Harris has already dug his own grave, not sure why SF are choosing to pile in? Insecurity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The desperation to get the thread turned into a shinner one is shinister in the extreme.

This one is about a so called 'journalist', the High King of the Shinisterists.

They lost a rook, hard to stomach for the unionistas

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

In my experience, Twitter doesn't act on name calling, only on explicit threats of violence.

Interesting. What threats were you making?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Ed??

Very good in Westworld and the Abyss, I was guessing Mo Harris from Eastenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Very good in Westworld and the Abyss, I was guessing Mo Harris from Eastenders

I was guessing Steve Harris from Iron Maiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Aidric wrote: »
    The ostracization of Harris in nothing more than window dressing. SF has been running an online campaign on the scale of the Russian state, possibly sponsored by same.

Harris has already dug his own grave, not sure why SF are choosing to pile in? Insecurity?

SF ? You mean all right minded people.

Always about SF who must be living in your head. This thread is about Eoghan Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

This “SF/IRA” tag stuff really needs to be addressed and moderated here as the site is so heavily moderated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

chicorytip wrote: »
    That Alan English fellah is a clown. By the law of averages many print journalists and columnists using pseudonyms must post on social media. Since when has the Sindo developed a code of propriety or politically correct ethos?

Since when is it ok to sexually harass people on twitter?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Aidric wrote: »

Scoff.

Why wouldn’t you pile in on your enemy? Lots of people dislike Harris for many and varied reasons. I would love to see the Independent journalists circa 1990s disappear from the scene.

There’s no excuse for the attacks on John Hume, a thoroughly decent man and a political giant, by these intellectual pygmies and vile human beings. Not just Harris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Harris's problem is that he is an extreme narcissist with some profound difficulties upstairs.

That would apply to him no matter what country he was from or lived in.

A conflux of genetics is his problem, not the intricacies of Left wing politics in Ireland in the 60s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

How did Harris get found out?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Got sued

Is old Ruth gone too?

Got sued
    Nope he was found out because he leaked Sindo poll results on a United Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The connection between Mr Harris and the fake account was made after the account posted details of a poll commissioned by the paper on a united Ireland, the results of which had not yet been shared publicly but had been given to Mr Harris prior to publication,

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eoghan-harris-involvement-in-fake-twitter-account-discovered-due-to-poll-data-leak-1123818.html

Although I'd imagine a fair few people knew about the poll before publication, so I suspect there had been some prior speculation in media circles about the identity of 'Barbara Pym'...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Normal One wrote: »
    whatever newspaper that is, the editor is probably as much to blame for allowing it to be published as harris is for writing that drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,703 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

whatever newspaper that is, the editor is probably as much to blame for allowing it to be published as harris is for writing that drivel.

Which is why journalism has to look at itself here. He was cosseted and supported by silence for years. They tolerated, supported and endorsed him by not speaking out.
    The media is nothing unless they call out bigots and agenda driven hate speech within it's own ranks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

again, the media is not a monolith. he may have been cosseted by certain newspapers (i wonder which) but that doesn't mean other media organisations were culpable in supporting him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

tdhVT7o.png

Advertisement