Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    One thing we can all agree on in what was sometimes a divisive thread is that Eoghan Harris is a genius, perhaps flawed at times, but who isn't.
    Rubbish! Harris is an incompetent, nasty, misogynistic old creep and he is certainly not a genius except in his own mind.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Harris was a complete idiot to be so incompetent as to start liking his own work. But at the same time, some people can get in the f-ing sea with their moral high ground.
    One thing we can all agree on in what was sometimes a divisive thread is that Eoghan Harris is a genius, perhaps flawed at times, but who isn't. Some people recognise his talents outright. Others desperately try to suppress their recognition of his intellect and in the process spew venomous bile at him. But the fact remains, Harris is brilliant and this State owes him enormous gratitude.

Its gone past embarrassing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

tipptom wrote: »

Even Einstein had momentary lapses in judgement. Hence I said he is a flawed genius.

RTE hated him. The Sinn Feiners hated him. But they all recognised his ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭blackcard

skimpydoo wrote: »
    He loves to brown nose Z listers.
    One thing we can all agree on in what was sometimes a divisive thread is that Eoghan Harris is a genius, perhaps flawed at times, but who isn't. Some people recognise his talents outright. Others desperately try to suppress their recognition of his intellect and in the process spew venomous bile at him. But the fact remains, Harris is brilliant and this State owes him enormous gratitude.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Good one. For a second I thought you were serious

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Beginning to get farcical alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,132 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Even Einstein had momentary lapses in judgement. Hence I said he is a flawed genius.

I think the Shinners treated him like Paisley, every time both ranted SF's vote grew.

Remember his plea before the last election? It put the tin hat on the 'attack SF' canvass by FF and FG and we know how that worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Just saw this post from 2013 on p.ie
    Joke last Sunday to hear Harris complain about anonymous trolls. He used post here anonymously in at least two guises. Wonder what he will come up with tomorrow ?

Even Einstein had momentary lapses in judgement.
    Einstein won the Nobel Prize for Physics. Harris claimed to have won a rather important film award (a Silver Bear) and it turned out later that he did not. In other news: He now has two Wikipedia pages. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

jmcc wrote: »
    Einstein won the Nobel Prize for Physics. Harris claimed to have won a rather important film award (a Silver Bear) and it turned out later that he did not. In other news: He now has two Wikipedia pages. :)

Regards...jmcc

Have they hedged their bets and referred to Harris as They?

Have they hedged their bets and referred to Harris as They?
    Very good. They used to refer to the Harrisites in RTE as "the brood of Harris". :) Perhaps it was only him.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

jmcc wrote: »
    Rubbish! Harris is an incompetent, nasty, misogynistic old creep and he is certainly not a genius except in his own mind.

Regards...jmcc

Ah what about that twink sketch he used to open the FG party conference? Finger on the pulse stuff there, absolute genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ability to what? write ****?

How do they compare though. If Einstein is an 8 or 9 on the genius level, is Harris a 9 or a 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Harris was a complete idiot to be so incompetent as to start liking his own work. But at the same time, some people can get in the f-ing sea with their moral high ground.

Indeed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭buried

The 'ability' here is the 'ability' to have the loudest mouth and find some other fool to give you a platform to utilize it to its loudest ability. Every community in Ireland has one of these noise merchants in some shape or form on some sort of local community 'council' or whatever they call themselves. Harris was unlucky he was given the platform on national media platforms to make an island-wide holy show of himself instead of a local one.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

How do they compare though. If Einstein is an 8 or 9 on the genius level, is Harris a 9 or a 10?

Einstein didn't believe the universe was expanding, rather he thought it was in a cosmological steady state. One of his self-admitted greatest blunders. Even geniuses have lapses of judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I'm not sure if you've really got to grips with 'we can all agree'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Einstein didn't believe the universe was expanding, rather he thought it was in a cosmological steady state. One of his self-admitted greatest blunders. Even geniuses have lapses of judgement.

If Einstein was alive today - rather than admit said blunder, he could have did what the bold Eoghan had done, and created numerous fictional online personas to agree with himself and argue his theory that the universe was indeed a cosmological constant state.

That's a true genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Einstein studied relativity Harris invented relatives

Sure. I’m just trying to work out how their genius compares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bambi wrote: »
    Ah what about that twink sketch he used to open the FG party conference? Finger on the pulse stuff there, absolute genius.

Actually, now that I think of it. That sketch was about an RTE reporter being groped by a FF TD. Eoghan does seem to have a weird thing about the wimmen reporters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Wasn't the reporter one of his lot back in the day too? She was prolly fair game because she also didn't immediately turn blueshirt after the wall came down.

I know there is a bit of fun here about him being a genius,(well i hope it is a bit of fun),but is there anything that this fella was right on in all his ramblings?

His scores of u turns and flip flops and back again suriy give a big insight into this.

He would pontificate for months on something,every sunday reinforcing it and saying "mark my words",all backed up by Declan Lynch,Brendan o Connor.Eilis o Hanlon,Ruth D E and if it involved SF then it would probably be mentioned in the sports pages.

Then the apocolypse that Eoghan forecast would not occur and probably the exact opposite,then nothing,nada,from any of them,just completly ignored by all of them,even on the sports pages and on to the next thing that Eoghan would rant at the moon about and repeat.

His predictions were pure hilarity

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Laurenf35

Sarah McI was very bitchy to Harris
    Way too hysterical

I know there is a bit of fun here about him being a genius,(well i hope it is a bit of fun),but is there anything that this fella was right on in all his ramblings?

His scores of u turns and flip flops and back again suriy give a big insight into this.

He would pontificate for months on something,every sunday reinforcing it and saying "mark my words",all backed up by Declan Lynch,Brendan o Connor.Eilis o Hanlon,Ruth D E and if it involved SF then it would probably be mentioned in the sports pages.

Then the apocolypse that Eoghan forecast would not occur and probably the exact opposite,then nothing,nada,from any of them,just completly ignored by all of them,even on the sports pages and on to the next thing that Eoghan would rant at the moon about and repeat.

His predictions were pure hilarity

Eoghan is such a political chameleon I'd half expect him to go on the late late show in 2025 and say that Mary Lou has inspired him to back her for Taoiseach

But I'd expect him to be a mysogynist prick about it and say it was only her looks that inspired him.
    We have seen him do this before.
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/herald/lifestyle/the-energy-that-she-exudes-is-always-sexual-29275407.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Laurenf35 wrote: »
    Way too hysterical

Hilarious that some people cant cope with a calm professional journalist that they have to resort to insults. No hysteria. No bitchiness. Calm, Well informed, Factual.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭golfball37

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Way too hysterical

Hahaha she was the hysterical one 😂

Way too hysterical

Yeaahhh,the bitch!!!!!

• Advertisement

Annasopra wrote: »
    Hilarious that some people cant cope with a calm professional journalist that they have to resort to insults. No hysteria. No bitchiness. Calm, Well informed, Factual.

"Ah will ya stop the nonsense!"

Advertisement