Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Dawn Purvis, ex leader of the PUP has come out now and shot down another of Harris's lies that he was a pal with David Ervine. She says Ervine was actually seeking legal advice prior to his death regarding stuff that Harris had written about him.

Eoghan is a bit of a Walter Mitty by the sounds of it and to think FF took advice from him and made him a senator.

Saying that, didn't some Italian dude do the same with his horse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You said:

I have demonstrated that this is false. The "spark" was lit by Daniel O'Connell, carried on by CS Parnell and John Redmond. Unionists were never going to accept 32 county home rule. All this happened before 1916, before the War of Independence, and before SF were an electoral force.

These are facts. That you cannot accept these facts and that you are still going on about SF causing partition shows that you have no interest in honest discussion. Most people when faced with evidence that their pontifications are wrong would accept the evidence. Why can't you?

That's your narrative on 'facts' are history is all about interpretation. You say O'Connell lit the 'spark'. His approach was a very different one to that of 'physical force' republicanism.
    In fact many such republicans view DO'C as a 'sell out'
    Maybe you see physical force republicanism as always justified. I don't.

You say Unionists were never going to accept Home Rule. I think if things were done in a more step by step approach, with integration etc. And a gradual removal of the religious 'labels' no reason why it would not have worked. Probably would have taken another few decades. I have also shown you evidence of how the Republican's antagonised the Unionist population in NI with the Belfast boycott for example. It is hardly going to sway the middle ground is it?

Such actions were hardly going to bring them around are they? Or was the Orange in the tricolour done to make it look a bit snazzy?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,132 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Dawn Purvis, ex leader of the PUP has come out now and shot down another of Harris's lies that he was a pal with David Ervine. She says Ervine was actually seeking legal advice prior to his death regarding stuff that Harris had written about him.

Eoghan is a bit of a Walter Mitty by the sounds of it and to think FF took advice from him and made him a senator.

Saying that, didn't some Italian dude do the same with his horse!!

He's not the only one fantasising about history from an arch partitionist point of view, ignoring context to sledgehammer it into their agenda's.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So what?

It would hardly be a groundbreaking new thesis to point out that the second Dáil accepted and began the implementation of partition. It certainly doesn't mean that they caused partition.

So Sinn Fein negotiated a Treaty for partition, voted democratically to accept the partition and began the implementation of partition, yet somehow they didn't cause partition????

That don't hold any water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

That's your narrative on 'facts' are history is all about interpretation. You say O'Connell lit the 'spark'. His approach was a very different one to that of 'physical force' republicanism.
    In fact my such repulican's view DO'C as a 'sell out'
    Maybe you see physical force republicanism as always justified. I don't.

You say Unionists were never going to accept Home Rule. I think if things were done in a more step by step approach, with integration etc. And a gradual removal of the religious 'labels' no reason why it would not have worked. Probably would have taken another few decades. I have also shown you evidence of how the Republican's antagonised the Unionist population in NI with the Belfast boycott for example. It is hardly going to sway the middle ground is it?

Such actions were hardly going to bring them around are they? Or was the Orange in the tricolour done to make it look a bit snazzy?

It's not a narrative. Partition was going to be imposed regardless of what any Irish nationalist or republican thought or did about it.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to the point that SF did not cause partition.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    So Sinn Fein negotiated a Treaty for partition, voted democratically to accept the partition and began the implementation of partition, yet somehow they didn't cause partition????

That don't hold any water.

As above, partition was going to be imposed regardless of what any Irish nationalist or republican thought or did about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It's not a narrative. Partition was going to be imposed regardless of what any Irish nationalist or republican thought or did about it.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to the point that SF did not cause partition.

As above, partition was going to be imposed regardless of what any Irish nationalist or republican thought or did about it.

That is an opinion, nothing more.

The same people who tell me that the British were always going to impose partition also tell me that the British would be happy to be rid of Northern Ireland and that the Unionists are wasting their time.

I don't buy any of it. A conflicting narrative built to fit the facts doesn't hold water.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Get back on topic lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

I think Harris seems to have some mental health issues. I'd be reluctant to speak on him too much. I hope he finds peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Shebean wrote: »
    I think Harris seems to have some mental health issues. I'd be reluctant to speak on him too much. I hope he finds peace.

You may be right but that begs the question of how our media is so seriously compromised or as a lot of people suspect has become seriously subversive to the point that people were voting against the media.

They have a long road back for people to gain any trust in them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No. Too easy of a let off.

He had the faculties to write, editorialise and participate in this anonymous cowardly rubbish.

His mind is fine, he's just a self-important narcissistic c***.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »

He had the faculties to write, editorialise and participate in this anonymous cowardly rubbish.

Agree, and would add that it looks like he was heading up a cabal of like minds.
    We need to see where this goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Larbre34 wrote: »

To me some of his theories speak to mental health problems. That's all I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Possibly in the form of delusions of grandeur which is part of being bipolar or schizophrenic but if he was those around him should’ve been able to recognise that something wasn’t quite right and most definitely his employer had a duty of care not to enable him...or he was just a delusional narcissistic smug c*nt that got exposed. I’m going with the later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Possibly in the form of delusions of grandeur which is part of being bipolar or schizophrenic but if he was those around him should’ve been able to recognise that something wasn’t quite right and most definitely his employer had a duty of care not to enable him...or he was just a delusional narcissistic smug c*nt that got exposed. I’m going with the later.

I think he is on record as saying he suffers with depression and is bi-polar.

Of course that does not excuse the rest of the loopers who parroted his howlings or the SI.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Possibly in the form of delusions of grandeur which is part of being bipolar or schizophrenic

Maybe that explains the various twitter personae...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

Maybe that explains the various twitter personae...

You're possibly conflating multiple personality disorder with schizophrenia

He may well have a mental health issue - most genius minds do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    You're possibly conflating multiple personality disorder with schizophrenia

He may well have a mental health issue - most genius minds do.
    He is not a genius. He's a nasty little waffler who has been caught running his own troll factory. (Surely a genius wouldn't have been caught?)

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    He is not a genius. He's a nasty little waffler who has been caught running his own troll factory. (Surely a genius wouldn't have been caught?)

Regards...jmcc

Even many politicians of every background saw his ingenuity and sought his counsel. He was careless with his Twitter accounts, but thay does not negate a lifetime of brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Even many politicians of every background saw his ingenuity and sought his counsel. He was careless with his Twitter accounts, but thay does not negate a lifetime of brilliance.

LOL are you still at this he was a genius lark? How many times have you said that now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Regards...jmcc

I think your man is at it there with the genius chat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Odhinn

TheCitizen wrote: »
    LOL are you still at this he was a genius lark? How many times have you said that now

...people seem to have forgotten a cardinal rule.

He was a bitter, nasty, and unfortunately articulate ranter for sale, to the highest bidder.

Even many politicians of every background saw his ingenuity and sought his counsel.
    John Bruton, (FG electoral failure after being "advised"), David Trimble (UUP went from being the leading Unionist party to almost nowhere), Micheal Martin (FF went from being favourites to win the 2020 GE with most seats to simply winning the same number as SF). Perhaps he is a negative genius in that he screws up SF's opposition with his "advice" and "brilliance".

Regards...jmcc

John Bruton, (FG electoral failure after being "advised"), David Trimble (UUP went from being the leading Unionist party to almost nowhere), Micheal Martin (FF went from being favourites to win the 2020 GE with most seats to simply winning the same number as SF). Perhaps he is a negative genius in that he screws up SF's opposition with his "advice" and "brilliance".

Regards...jmcc

Don't forget he swung the general election for Bertie Ahern in 2007 also returning Fianna Fail to power or his brilliance in advising Mary Robinson

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Don't forget he swung the general election for Bertie Ahern in 2007 also returning Fianna Fail to power or his brilliance in advising Mary Robinson

lol he nearly cost Robinson the election with his guff, the only person who lauds Harris for the Robinson campaign is Harris...and maybe his sockpuppet twitter accounts.

FF had to form a coalition with the Greens in 2007 and FG had a particularly useless leader. Cowen's bullying helped get FF more seats than it would have otherwise won. Ahern resigned in disgrace. As for Robinson, she only got elected on Currie's transfers and Harris's part in her campaign has been vastly overstated (mainly by Harris himself). It was a student with a tape recorder who arguably made Robinson president.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Irish_presidential_election

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

(Surely a genius wouldn't have been caught?)

Since the actual incident was the sockpuppet account tweeting about a poll, the results of which had only been shared among Sindo journalists, I would not exactly describe it as A-tier Machiavellianism.

Since the actual incident was the sockpuppet account tweeting about a poll, the results of which had only been shared among Sindo journalists, I would not exactly describe it as A-tier Machiavellianism.
    There was the threat of legal action(s) that requested that Twitter disclose the details of account ownership. Now there are multiple actions apparently under way.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Where to for Mr. Harris, would you care to guess where his genius will take his arc now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Where to for Mr. Harris, would you care to guess where his genius will take his arc now?

Maybe we'll be seeing another book with this title on the shelves soon, hopefully not with the author pictured in similar pose...

56329046._SY475_.jpg

Advertisement