Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    You're possibly conflating multiple personality disorder with schizophrenia

He may well have a mental health issue - most genius minds do.

To be fair, if you're running multiple online social media accounts, it's probably not very easy to remember which "personality" you assigned to which character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

McMurphy wrote: »
    To be fair, if you're running multiple online social media accounts, it's probably not very easy to remember which ones "personality" you assigned to which character.
    Having such a limited intellect spread over so many accounts must have been a problem. :) But then weren't the all saying much the same stuff?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭amandstu

jmcc wrote: »
    There was the threat of legal action(s) that requested that Twitter disclose the details of account ownership. Now there are multiple actions apparently under way.

Regards...jmcc
    Any indications when these (or any related) actions may see the light of day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He is not a genius. He's a nasty little waffler who has been caught running his own troll factory. (Surely a genius wouldn't have been caught?)

Regards...jmcc

Oh the thoughts, a troll factory!

amandstu wrote: »
    Any indications when these (or any related) actions may see the light of day?
    Not sure. But from the press releases published online, they seem serious.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Oh the thoughts, a troll factory!
    A cottage industry, no doubt. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

Shebean wrote: »
    I think Harris seems to have some mental health issues. I'd be reluctant to speak on him too much. I hope he finds peace.

I get so tired of mental health issues being blamed for things. They don't make you a nice or not nice person. They can cause difficult behaviours but it's not normally long term vindictive bullying stuff. That's just a bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

zanador wrote: »
    I get so tired of mental health issues being blamed for things. They don't make you a nice or not nice person. They can cause difficult behaviours but it's not normally long term vindictive bullying stuff. That's just a bully.

It's played as a get out of jail free card way to much, passing off being an obnoxious Oaf as being mental health issues is quite frankly bullcrap,

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

"Ah will ya stop the nonsense!"

Neither hysterical or bitchy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Not wanting to sound like some sort of a prude here, but that article is the very definition of objectifying women.
    I mean, Clare Daly is an elected politician, and he dedicates a full article in a national newspaper to her appearance and sexual relationship ?

(At least he put his name to it I suppose !)

Exactly. He has form in mysogyny.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

It's played as a get out of jail free card way to much, passing off being an obnoxious Oaf as being mental health issues is quite frankly bullcrap,

And does a huge disservice to people who are trying to be advocates for mental health by being open about their own struggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Where to for Mr. Harris, would you care to guess where his genius will take his arc now?

The man has terminal cancer. But he can look back on a life well spent, protecting this State from malign and sinister forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Puzzling that Mick Clifford would choose to retweet an article about Martina Anderson having a go at SF, and say absolutely nothing about the Ballymurphy inquest the day the ruling is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The man has terminal cancer. But he can look back on a life well spent, protecting this State from malign and sinister forces.

Like John Hume?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

This is a long read but it speaks volumes about Harris.

https://www.hotpress.com/opinion/grit-and-gravitas-470033

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

No he can't. He done the complete opposite in fact. Putting pressure on those trying to negotiate the GFA. He's a small minded man that's overly privileged because he hates republicans and was platformed by like minded snobs to spread bile from the safety of his desk. He's anti republican in a republic. It doesn't get more moronic really. Hopefully he knows all this deep down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

This is excellent. Thanks for posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ceirseach

Very interesting.
    Goodnight Eoghan Harris indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

FF had to form a coalition with the Greens in 2007 and FG had a particularly useless leader. Cowen's bullying helped get FF more seats than it would have otherwise won. Ahern resigned in disgrace. As for Robinson, she only got elected on Currie's transfers and Harris's part in her campaign has been vastly overstated (mainly by Harris himself). It was a student with a tape recorder who arguably made Robinson president.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Irish_presidential_election

Regards...jmcc

Harris’ greatest trick was convincing Jaysci there of his ingenuity LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Like John Hume?

100% He absolutely destroyed John Hume who was regarded across all political viewpoints as being a fundamentally decent man trying to do his best in a horrible situation.

That scummer Harris and his disgusting allies Ruth Dudley Edwards and Ellis O Hanlon nearly destroyed Hume.

• Advertisement

A genius my ass. Harris has always been an absolute chancer.

Scoundrel wrote: »
    100% He absolutely destroyed John Hume who was regarded across all political viewpoints as being a fundamentally decent man trying to do his best in a horrible situation.

That scummer Harris and his disgusting allies Ruth Dudley Edwards and Ellis O Hanlon nearly destroyed Hume.

They talked a lot of nonsense about him. Anyone with any sense knows Harris et al for the scum that he and they are and has zero respect for him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

TheCitizen wrote: »
    A genius my ass. Harris has always been an absolute chancer.

Anyone who calls someone who had troll twitter accounts and was caught is not a GENIUS. Anyone who says so, is lying or trolling. I wouldnt entertain them

Anyone who calls someone who had troll twitter accounts and was caught is not a GENIUS. Anyone who says so, is lying or trolling. I wouldnt entertain them

I think that poster was trying to be funny

smurgen wrote: »
    He's anti republican in a republic. It doesn't get more moronic really. Hopefully he knows all this deep down.

So the anti monarchists in the UK (and elsewhere where they have monarchies) are also as moronic as it gets?

Is Harris anti republican? (I genuinely didn't know this)

Seems that a third legal action is being taken against Harris:
    https://twitter.com/AllisonMorris1/status/1392438437131833347

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Youve jumped the shark baby lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

Even if there was merit in any of those cases which I doubt any objective person will find there is, there's a good chance Harris will be dead before those Sinn Fein-sympathising journalists (or others who feel they are victims) get their money.

Even if there was merit in any of those cases which I doubt any objective person will find there is, there's a good chance Harris will be dead before those Sinn Fein-sympathising journalists (or others who feel they are victims) get their money.
    If they are awarded compensation by a court what would be the cause for pleasure that they do not receive it because Harris has died ?(let us hope he does not and that his health recovers)

I am awaiting these court cases (if they happen) in order to cast more light on what is now public business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if the are awarded money and he dies the money will be taken from his estate.

Advertisement