Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    The Sinn Fein bot farms in Serbia don't have any political interest in creating a Bobby Storey funeral wikipedia page.
    Seems that Eoghan Harris might more know about bot farms and troll factories than SF.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

It's ridiculous interpretations like this that give me confidence that much of the jubilant reaction to Harris's downfall is from zealots.

I am beyond thrilled that justice has eventually been served on him and i hope the many cases that come forward in the courts will hammer this home.

Pure filth who gladly tried to prolong deaths,suffering and equality to continue in NI and tried to bait loyalists to carry through his prophecy of bombs going of in Dublin,Cork and Galway if the GFA succeeded just to satisfy his madness.

I would happily be labelled a zealot about him than bigots like you and Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Ive heard it all now, your saying if what Eoghan Harris did has a wikipedia page, the Boby Storey funeral should have one.

Bottom of the barrell

What staggers me is that you don't simply think what I've said wrong, but you believe it to be preposterous - bottom of the barrel. Classic populism. You are incapable of understanding your opponent's views.
    tipptom wrote: »
    I am beyond thrilled that justice has eventually been served on him and i hope the many cases that come forward in the courts will hammer this home.

Pure filth who gladly tried to prolong deaths,suffering and equality to continue in NI and tried to bait loyalists to carry through his prophecy of bombs going of in Dublin,Cork and Galway if the GFA succeeded just to satisfy his madness.

I would happily be labelled a zealot about him than bigots like you and Harris

Yes, you are a zealot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What staggers me is that you don't simply think what I've said wrong, but you believe it to be preposterous - bottom of the barrel. Classic populism. You are incapable of understanding your opponent's views.

it was preposterous. the importance of a story has no direct bearing on whether a wiki page exists for it. a wiki page exists because somebody decided to create one. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You see FF/FG journalist cheerleaders every other election since the state was founded clearly delighted at their success and no mention of their less than palatable aspects of their history.

That sounds like a ah, but yeah but response to me. Normally the first indication of a weak biased argument on boards.ie is the confalted FF/FG moniker a pretense of the 'establishment' against SF. Despite the fact that SF are clearly part of the establishment in NI for many a year now.

Also I think it is funny that Harris thinks the 'establishment' of RTE is against him along with SF.

The 'establishment' must be knackered is all I can say!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

it was preposterous. the importance of a story has no direct bearing on whether a wiki page exists for it. a wiki page exists because somebody decided to create one. Nothing else.
    Wikipedia does have rules about creating articles. One of the central ones in notability. The Eoghan Harris Twitter Scandal meets that in that it is quite notable and has had coverage in reliable sources (newspapers and radio). Harris is, whether he and his fans like it, "famous" for this scandal.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    Wikipedia does have rules about creating articles. One of the central ones in notability. The Eoghan Harris Twitter Scandal meets that in that it is quite notable and has had coverage in reliable sources (newspapers and radio). Harris is, whether he and his fans like it, "famous" for this scandal.

Regards...jmcc

the other story has similar notoriety with coverage in reliable sources yet no wiki page exists for it.

Yes, you are a zealot.
    LOlz,Your man Harris has drowned himself in his own sewer of zealotry and you are slushing around in his backwash.

Back to the other forums and complain about Irish people speaking Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The Sinn Fein bot farms in Serbia don't have any political interest in creating a Bobby Storey funeral wikipedia page.

Anyone can create or edit a Wikipedia page, I know someone who added that Daniel O'Donnell was a major action star in Korean movies, total bull but it was up for weeks,

Any other Indo involvement? Harris likely to clype on the others to keep himself in the spotlight

• Advertisement

the other story has similar notoriety with coverage in reliable sources yet no wiki page exists for it.
    Notability rather than noteriety. Seems to have a major explanation of it too:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability

Regards...jmcc

Notability rather than noteriety. Seems to have a major explanation of it too:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability

Regards...jmcc

notability then. If the Bobby Storey funeral and its fallout wasn't notable then you would wonder why there was so much press coverage of it.

notability then. If the Bobby Storey funeral and its fallout wasn't notable then you would wonder why there was so much press coverage of it.
    It is mentioned in Wikipedia but it would seem that the Dublin media, in particular, used the event as anti-SF propaganda.

Regards...jmcc

LOlz,Your man Harris has drowned himself in his own sewer of zealotry and you are slushing around in his backwash.

Back to the other forums and complain about Irish people speaking Irish.

Good lord, you are foul.

It is mentioned in Wikipedia but it would seem that the Dublin media, in particular, used the event as anti-SF propaganda.

Regards...jmcc

'The Dublin media'. Immediately marks him out as a Sinn Fein supporter.

Regards...jmcc

what exactly are we arguing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

As far as I can see it's that it's SF's fault that nobody started a Wikipedia article about Bobby Storey's funeral. :confused:

Prone on Daithi gets fed at the moment,

Notability versus notoriety and the use of the Storey funeral against SF. The event was in another jurisdiction but the Dublin media used it agains SF because SF is upsetting the old 2.5 party model by becoming one of the big three parties. Labour has been demolished (37 seats to 7 and then 6) and FF, under Harris's friend Martin, has managed to lose a GE that it was supposed to win with most seats. The old certainties on which the Dublin media depended for their analysis of politics were replaced by uncertainty after the last GE.

Regards...jmcc

'The Dublin media'. Immediately marks him out as a Sinn Fein supporter.
    No. Just someone who has an understanding of the media and how it operates.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

It was heartening to watch the Prince Philip funeral - dignified, in accordance with public health guidelines and with just a few law-abiding respectful mourners.

Good lord, you are foul.

Says the one slushing around in the bigoted stench of the Harris defence sewer.

Gi raibh maith agat!

Try to not get apoleptic,its only a little Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

She is fair dues to her. But I don't like all the playing to the gallery stuff on twitter etc. That might just be a generational problem on my part. Maybe it is the norm/accepted thing to do.

And no doubt there will be hashtag - 'we stand with Aoife' or similar created and so on?

What exactly do you mean by "playing to the gallery "? She posted one tweet on the matter, last time I looked .

Says the one slushing around in the bigoted stench of the Harris defence sewer.

I see English isn't your first language, so I'll forgive that abomination of a sentence.

It was heartening to watch the Prince Philip funeral - dignified, in accordance with public health guidelines and with just a few law-abiding respectful mourners.

It was really heartening.

Seems there's another action pending:
    https://twitter.com/PhoenixLawHR/status/1392472891778797570

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Aoife Moore is still clearly a SF supporter. I have read a few of her articles and her statements. Her narrative is that she she see's SF as the potential to be focal point of a new Ireland. And should be more progressive etc etc. The past and history that are unpalatable can now be forgotten.

At least that is my take on her line she would like SF to be pro choice - north and south. And likes the fact that female leadership in SF appears to be at the forefront of the party.

Mary Lou leader of the opposition in the Dail - first female to do so. Which Moore was chuffed about and lead to a Harris 'retort' on twitter.

Moore seems to view SF as the potential to be at the vanguard of a creation of a new Ireland etc. And is disappointed in them when they do not meet up to those expectations. Given her family background, age, and where she was brought up etc.

However she has been critical of SF having a dual approach on the pro-choice issue both north and south of the border. Glossing over the less 'murky' issues.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40245716.html

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-31009082.html

That at least is my take on the woman's general viewpoints. You can correct me if I am wrong, if I have somehow misinterpreted them

So basically what you're saying is that Aoife Moore, unlike Eoghan Harris, does not let her personal biases supercede journalistic integrity?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I wonder where the weirdos who suggested Aoife Moore was lying about needing counselling or mocked her for needing it based on two tweets are now.

‘For over a year...’ because anybody with any form of intelligence could see there was a lot more to the story than some of the deflectors and distractors here would let you believe.

Faugheen wrote: »
    I wonder where the weirdos who suggested Aoife Moore was lying about needing counselling or mocked her for needing it based on two tweets are now.

‘For over a year...’ because anybody with any form of intelligence could see there was a lot more to the story than some of the deflectors and distractors here would let you believe.

Why do you people keep citing indirect evidence? You can't just report that Moore says it was a year of harassment and leave it at that. Here's the archive. https://pastefs.com/pid/288430 You're welcome to go find tweets that prove he was abusive. When I search it for Moore's name, all I find are repeated references to her being a SF sympathiser and bringing Northern tribal politics to the ROI. Hysterical and undignified, yes, but not abusive.

And anyone who questions it is a weirdo! As I've said before, the more unreasonable you people are, the more certain I am that he has been treated unfairly.

(Note, I am NOT a Harris supporter. I am NOT defending his views. I am NOT defending his style of Twitter discourse. I am merely defending him against the extreme accusations from his political opponents.)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Why do you people keep citing indirect evidence? You can't just report that Moore says it was a year of harassment and leave it at that. Here's the archive. https://pastefs.com/pid/288430 You're welcome to go find tweets that prove he was abusive. When I search it for Moore's name, all I find are repeated references to her being a SF sympathiser and bringing Northern tribal politics to the ROI. Hysterical and undignified, yes, but not abusive.

And anyone who questions it is a weirdo! As I've said before, the more unreasonable you people are, the more certain I am that he has been treated unfairly.

(Note, I am NOT a Harris supporter. I am NOT defending his views. I am NOT defending his style of Twitter discourse. I am merely defending him against the extreme accusations from his political opponents.)

‘For over a year these obsessive attacks on me have sought to damage my reputation and standing as a journalist among my peers and colleagues.’

From her statement. If you want to question that statement while also claiming not to be a Harris supporter then be my guest. However the desperate need to discredit any woman who makes any claim against a man by a certain cohort here is quite frankly very weird.

Plough on, though.

Advertisement