Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭jmcc

The Journal even has a confirmation from Harris that he want to fight these actions.

https://www.thejournal.ie/journalist-legal-action-against-eoghan-harris-5435275-May2021/?utm_source=twitter_short

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Aoife Moore is still clearly a SF supporter. I have read a few of her articles and her statements. Her narrative is that she she see's SF as the potential to be focal point of a new Ireland. And should be more progressive etc etc. The past and history that are unpalatable can now be forgotten.

I don't have the same forensic fascination with Aoife Moore as you do but even if it was true, so what?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

Harris has been in the Sinn Fein crosshairs for a long time. Now they wish to pull the trigger, but Harris will not go down without a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    Harris has been in the Sinn Fein crosshairs for a long time. Now they wish to pull the trigger, but Harris will not go down without a fight.

Yeah, that weekly column the shinners had, in which you could almost set your watch to see them constantly attack Harris made for epic, if somewhat deranged reading.

Apparently I've woken up in a parallel universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭amandstu

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yeah, that weekly column the shinners had, in which they constantly attacked Harris made for epic, if somewhat deranged reading.

Apparently I've woken up in a parallel universe.

Got a link?(or is this it?)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

amandstu wrote: »
    Got a link?(or is this it?)

:)

The link is here

Be careful.

His career ending moving and numerous legal cases against him are his own fault..

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Faugheen wrote: »
    ‘For over a year these obsessive attacks on me have sought to damage my reputation and standing as a journalist among my peers and colleagues.’

From her statement. If you want to question that statement while also claiming not to be a Harris supporter then be my guest. However the desperate need to discredit any woman who makes any claim against a man by a certain cohort here is quite frankly very weird.

Plough on, though.

I am speechless at your shamelessness! This is not an unknowable sexual harassment case. She has claimed his tweets were abusive and misogynistic and I have looked at the tweets and not found any that could substantiate that claim. Neither have you!

It is so toxic that one cannot disbelieve Moore without being accused of a ‘need to discredit any woman who makes a case against a man’.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

An incendiary, explosive, take!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I think the judge will decide on Harris' tweets. Regardless, his employer found enough to sack him for. Quite strange all the same that so far he hasn't decided to take on that battle.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I think the judge will decide on Harris' tweets. Regardless, his employer found enough to sack him for. Quite strange all the same that so far he hasn't decided to take on that battle.
    Check the Independent link above. He wants to fight but claims
    "I am 78, I have lost my job and as a freelance journalist and have little chance of another. In short, I cannot afford legal representation. If you proceed to court I will either have to avail of free legal aid or represent myself."

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭golfball37

Nobody associated with SF is bringing him to court though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

golfball37 wrote: »

It's just the usual, 'but SF......' response.
    Pay no heed.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I am speechless at your shamelessness! This is not an unknowable sexual harassment case. She has claimed his tweets were abusive and misogynistic and I have looked at the tweets and not found any that could substantiate that claim. Neither have you!

It is so toxic that one cannot disbelieve Moore without being accused of a ‘need to discredit any woman who makes a case against a man’.

Considering some of the comments were of a sexual nature then I think your ramblings are incoherent.

I don’t give a sh*te what you think of me to be perfectly honest whereas me talking about men getting pissed off with a woman who claims anything about another man as if men are suppressed and not dickheads seems to have really affected you.

Considering he felt the need to go behind a troll account to be abusive to journalists, then I think Aoife Moore has more credibility than Eoghan Harris does, yet you seem to think otherwise.

Very weird behaviour. Plough on, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,700 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Everyone against partitionism or is for a UI is a Shinner...pay attention! :)

Everyone who doesn't share Harris's viewpoint is, in his own phrase, a sneaking regarder. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Good lord, you are foul.
    I see English isn't your first language, so I'll forgive that abomination of a sentence.
    Ooh,isnt it ghastly

Spoken like a true Dun Laoghaire West Brit,your empire is falling all around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

Faugheen wrote: »
    Considering some of the comments were of a sexual nature then I think your ramblings are incoherent.

Sexual nature? Could you mean what he said about 'Sinn Fein backside' from behind a bush? You must be a shrinking violet to find that offensive.
    I don’t give a sh*te what you think of me to be perfectly honest whereas me talking about men getting pissed off with a woman who claims anything about another man as if men are suppressed and not dickheads seems to have really affected you.

Talk about incoherent!

You are utterly shameless in claiming that there is something suspect about my objection to you saying that people resisting the Harris pile-on 'have a desperate need to discredit any woman making a claim against a man'.
    Considering he felt the need to go behind a troll account to be abusive to journalists, then I think Aoife Moore has more credibility than Eoghan Harris does, yet you seem to think otherwise.

You keep saying this without evidence! You have been given the link to the archive of Barbara Pym tweets. Why do you continue to refuse to find a tweet you object to?!

Don't you see I am not going by either's credibility? If it were her word against his, I agree his holds no weight. But it's not. The tweets are there for anyone to read and none of them corroborates her accusations.

Of course, I don't expect you to be swayed in the slightest. You have shown repeatedly that you haven't the intelligence to do anything but repeat your entrenched prejudice.

• Advertisement

Based on the Pym tweets, Harris was persistently trying to associate Aoife Grace Moore with SF. Things seem to be moving towards a Norwich Pharmacal order to get Twitter to disclose details of the sockpuppet accounts. If that order is granted then expect some more problems for Harris and his buddies.

Regards...jmcc

Abusive Tweets:

Those said to Maria Cahill from a Sinn Fein bot farm about her rape perpetrated by an IRA member - "lying b1tch", a sick b****, a slapper, digusting, a parasite, a psycho-b1tch, a compulsive liar, a vicious fantasist, deserved to be raped".

Non-abusive Tweets:

Those said by Harris to a journalist - you have your "backside in the air".

These cases against Harris are going nowhere.

tipptom wrote: »
    LOlz,Your man Harris has drowned himself in his own sewer of zealotry and you are slushing around in his backwash.

Back to the other forums and complain about Irish people speaking Irish.
    Says the one slushing around in the bigoted stench of the Harris defence sewer.

Gi raibh maith agat!

Try to not get apoleptic,its only a little Irish.
    I see English isn't your first language, so I'll forgive that abomination of a sentence.

Ooh,isnt it ghastly

Spoken like a true Dun Laoghaire West Brit,your empire is falling all around you.

You are shameless. You goad me into a response and then withdraw in exaggerated horror when you get it.

But happy to see that I've so triggered you that you've looked on my profile. I haven't the slightest bit of interest in yours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

You are shameless. You goad me into a response and then withdraw in exaggerated horror when you get it.

But happy to see that I've so triggered you that you've looked on my profile. I haven't the slightest bit of interest in yours.

He called her a terrorist in one of the tweets. Thats enough to know she will win this court case

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

You keep saying this without evidence! You have been given the link to the archive of Barbara Pym tweets. Why do you continue to refuse to find a tweet you object to?!

The Barbara Pym account frequently accused well known established journalists of being 'Provos' with no actual evidence to support this claim. This is highly dangerous given the fact that such accusations could be seen by highly unstable violent individuals, individuals of the likes you've seen violently protesting only a couple of weeks ago on the streets of Belfast.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

He called her a terrorist in one of the tweets. Thats enough to know she will win this court case

Find it for me then! It's not in the archive I linked. Why the hell do you people think it is credible to vaguely refer to tweets rather than quote them directly?!

Harris never called her a terrorist. It's not in the archive, it didn't happen.

Find it for me then! It's not in the archive I linked. Why the hell do you people think it is credible to vaguely refer to tweets rather than quote them directly?!

She tweeted the page called her a terrorist when the story broke what Eoghan was upto. I doubt she lied

I am not going through the 120 tweets he sent her, but id tend to believe a respected journalist over a twitter troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭maccored

"This account sent me sexualised messages about whether Mary Lou McDonald 'turned me on', the size of my arse and called me a terrorist from the month I started at the Examiner," she tweeted.

Who'd know better, you or her?
    https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/05/08/news/journalist-had-to-have-counselling-after-trolling-from-eoghan-harris-linked-twitter-account-2315132/

• Advertisement

He will be taking Aoife to court i assume. That wont be good for her career

Advertisement