Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

maccored wrote: »

Harris said "Furthermore, I also categorically deny that Aoife Moore was ever called a “terrorist” on Barbara J Pym, as she claims, and I call on her to show a screen grab of any tweet supporting her charge."

The size of her ar$e seems to have been created from "backside in the air".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    Harris said "Furthermore, I also categorically deny that Aoife Moore was ever called a “terrorist” on Barbara J Pym, as she claims, and I call on her to show a screen grab of any tweet supporting her charge."

Im sure she has shown the Gardai. Why would she interact with someone who was obsessed and abused her for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i dont give a **** what harris said. he's been shown for what he is (and it isnt a genius)

Bullies lie all the time - Harris is no different

Im sure she has shown the Gardai. Why would she interact with someone who was obsessed and abused her for a year

I wish Aoife Moore and every other journalist involved well. Twitter and robust political debate is exhausting I imagine. No-one on Twitter without verified identity should be listened to whether that is Barbara Pym or a Sinn Fein troll

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭buried

I wish Aoife Moore and every other journalist involved well. Twitter and robust political debate is exhausting I imagine. No-one on Twitter without verified identity should be listened to whether that is Barbara Pym or a Sinn Fein troll

That kind of goes against the logic of your hero Harris when he said on RTE Radio 1 that he set up the account precisely because 'he wanted his views to be listened to'

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Or your idol Harris? Have you stopped thinking of him as a "genius"? Even the editor of the Sindo said that Harris crossed the line with those comments.

Regards...jmcc

buried wrote: »
    That kind of goes against the logic of your hero Harris when he said on RTE Radio 1 that he set up the account precisely because 'he wanted his views to be listened to'

Harris is not a "hero" of mine. The point remains. No-one should give much if any credibility to anonymous accounts. That applies to on boards.ie and it applies more to Twitter where abuse is tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭buried

Harris is not a "hero" of mine. The point remains. No-one should give much if any credibility to anonymous accounts. That applies to on boards.ie and it applies more to Twitter where abuse is tolerated.

But you yourself have claimed he is some make of "genius", yes? Given that fact, do you now think it is a form of "genius" to create anonymous accounts in order to get your views across? Because that's precisely what Harris claimed was legitimate last week on RTE Radio 1, so which is it J?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

By verified do you mean they have Twitter blue tick?

It was heartening to watch the Prince Philip funeral - dignified, in accordance with public health guidelines and with just a few law-abiding respectful mourners.

Jesus if an English aristocrat shat in your mouth you’d lick it off and call it chocolate. How did we get onto Prince Phillip and his funeral?

What a weird bunch the post colonials are.

• Advertisement

Yet you've spent the entire thread pushing the claim he's being silenced and defending him.

fvp4 wrote: »
    Jesus if an English aristocrat shat in your mouth you’d lick it off and call it chocolate. How did we get onto Prince Phillip and his funeral?

What a weird bunch the post colonials are.

We were talking about funerals and covid breaches. Don't worry, I won't run to a solicitors firm in Belfast or become a victim because of your innocuous post.

We were talking about funerals and covid breaches. Don't worry, I won't run to a solicitors firm in Belfast or become a victim because of your innocuous post.

What's that got to do with Eoghan Harris?

skimpydoo wrote: »
    By verified do you mean they have Twitter blue tick?
    A terrible affliction. :) Harris managed to avoid it.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

You are shameless. You goad me into a response and then withdraw in exaggerated horror when you get it.

But happy to see that I've so triggered you that you've looked on my profile. I haven't the slightest bit of interest in yours.

I was intrigued when another poster said Little Lord Fauntleroy of Dun Laoghaire was complaining about Irish people speaking Irish.

How is your German coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So no one should give any credibility to your boards account then?

jmcc wrote: »
    Check the Independent link above. He wants to fight but claims
    "I am 78, I have lost my job and as a freelance journalist and have little chance of another. In short, I cannot afford legal representation. If you proceed to court I will either have to avail of free legal aid or represent myself."

Regards...jmcc

Does anyone believe that Harris, who worked in RTE for years, then in exalted positions, including working well into normal retirement years, does not have resources to pay his own lawyers?

Does anyone believe that Harris, who worked in RTE for years, then in exalted positions, including working well into normal retirement years, does not have resources to pay his own lawyers?
    He seems to be playing the poor-mouth for sympathy.

Regards...jmcc

Privately educated TD, Paul Murphy, on a salary of 87,000 euro not including expenses got free legal aid when he went on trial for the false imprisonment of Joan Burton in Jobstown (he was cleared).

Privately educated TD, Paul Murphy, on a salary of 87,000 euro not including expenses got free legal aid when he went on trial for the false imprisonment of Joan Burton in Jobstown (he was cleared).
    Free legal aid may not be available in civil cases. It may be available in criminal cases and there are apparently two Garda investigations underway.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

You seem to have avoided answering my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

jmcc wrote: »
    Free legal aid may not be available in civil cases. It may be available in criminal cases and there are apparently two Garda investigations underway.

Regards...jmcc

Houses around Baltimore make big money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

Good job he did after it turned it the state and gardwi tried to snitch him up

Good job he did after it turned it the state and gardwi tried to snitch him up

Yes, a mob trapping a granny in her car for several hours while intimidating her was all an elaborate stitch up the gardai.

Yes, a mob trapping a granny in her car for several hours while intimidating her was all an elaborate stitch up the gardai.

She was more than a granny and you know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Tipptom threadbanned for abusive posts in this thread.

Should hacks be allowed write anonymously? Or is it ethical? The first thing that springs to mind is the anonymous contributors to that grotty little magazine, Phoenix. Now no successful journalist would write for it, but what’s the story with not printing the ‘journalist’s’ name on the poisonous pieces they write?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,132 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Should hacks be allowed write anonymously? Or is it ethical? The first thing that springs to mind is the anonymous contributors to that grotty little magazine, Phoenix. Now no successful journalist would write for it, but what’s the story with not printing the ‘journalist’s’ name on the poisonous pieces they write?

How do you know?

How do you know?

It’s a vile little magazine with a tiny readership. No successful hack would want to write for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,132 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It’s a vile little magazine with a tiny readership. No successful hack would want to write for it.

How do you know?

Advertisement