Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

fvp4 wrote: »
    He didn’t have the full evidence. That or it’s a SF plot.
    Looks like to me he didn't want to know.
    For me first thing I would do is ask him was it him. A poster on twitter clearly identified Harris and his wife Gwen as being behind the profiles invol in a follow up of the "launch" from INM and claimed they had "hard" evidence to support it. I understand they were supplying behind twitter this hard evidence to many who he was defaming who in turn took on Harris and INM and twitter for allowing the manufacturing of news.
    We are talking here about a newspaper and a newspaper editor invol in news gathering and yet he didn't know it was Harris. English is a dope and are all the senior management at INM if you buy that. I don't buy it but I don't think English is "smarts" either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Danzy wrote: »
    While Eoghans colleagues in the Worker's Party buried several Guards. I doubt if Eoghan had any involvement or knowledge.

He was too busy fighting and being horrible to party colleagues, till he left.

His marriage broke up, his wife found happiness with a man, who could provide a loving, environment for her and the kids.

He jumped from party to party, falling out with each in turn.

The only thing he he has defended his entire life is his right to be a nasty ego maniac with a need to fight all around him.

Agreed a pathetic bitter little man who allowed his hatreds to consume him if he wasn't such a nasty hateful pr1ck I'd almost feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Agreed a pathetic bitter little man who allowed his hatreds to consume he's if he wasn't such a nasty hateful pr1ck I'd almost feel sorry for him.

He is actually heartbreaking.

He has hurt himself as much as all those around him.

amandstu wrote: »
    One may have followed the other but I don't see that one caused the other.

Sindo was his job. He could (as far as I can tell) have created anonymous accounts if he had been ,say a politician or just an interested member of the public..

The two activities are connected because he was involved in both ,but I don't understand how the Sindo job was a launch pad ("platform") for his twitter accounts.

Are you saying he would have been unable ,or unsuccessful in his twitter activities had it not been for the post he held at Sindo?

What does it take for some to see or is it boards need to purge another Harris account?
    The Harrises accounts on twitter were anonymous accounts. I don't think he would be allowed by INM lawyers to defame in a very serious defamation such as of academic Katherine O'Donnell who I'm sure values her integrity very much.
    https://geekpic.net/pm-A6ZB2W.html

The launch for this was a Harris supposed article on the Sun Indo rag.
    https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/families-were-first-to-fail-their-daughters-thats-the-truth-39976415.html

The same applied for attacks on other very reputable academics and journalist such as Cathal McCoille and Diarmaid Ferriter. There was an ever ending list of unjustified attacks by the Harrises facilitated by his INM launch pad.That's why INM needs to come clean, it has failed to so do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭amandstu

mrjoneill wrote: »
    What does it take for some to see

or is it boards need to purge another Harris account?

The Harrises accounts on twitter were anonymous accounts. I don't think he would be allowed by INM lawyers to defame in a very serious defamation such as of academic Katherine O'Donnell who I'm sure values her integrity very much.
    https://geekpic.net/pm-A6ZB2W.html

The launch for this was a Harris supposed article on the Sun Indo rag.
    https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/families-were-first-to-fail-their-daughters-thats-the-truth-39976415.html

The same applied for attacks on other very reputable academics and journalist such as Cathal McCoille and Diarmaid Ferriter. There was an ever ending list of unjustified attacks by the Harrises facilitated by his INM launch pad.That's why INM needs to come clean, it has failed to so do.
    (to the bold)
    I don't take that suggestion seriously in my case ,but have there (or do you suspect) actually been any instances of that?

I am waiting on the court case to make up much of my mind about this.

Not hiding that I am loathe to learn that Harris has behaved dishonorably but that will become obvious in hopefully not too long a period of time.

• Advertisement

Agreed a pathetic bitter little man who allowed his hatreds to consume him if he wasn't such a nasty hateful pr1ck I'd almost feel sorry for him.
    Harris wanted control, he believed he had a superior intellect to everyone else. All his life he looked for control and seeking an agenda to fulfill that control. As Terry Prone in the Examiner asks why was he not stopped in the 50yrs. I must say in her praise she always saw him for what he was. She was never a prisoner of him and saw him as an dangerous egotistic prat from day one.

I again call on INM to come clean. Harris was never a journalist but a troublemaker. The Belfast Newsletter constantly used his troublemaking services too and what I understand knew all too well he was behind the 9 twitter profiles.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40285112.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    Those who defend the murder of gardai in this State, criminality and 'good republicans' are not 'the light'.

That you Eoghan? Banned off twitter and no longer at the SIndo gives you plenty of time to be on here i suppose:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Looks like they are going for a Norwich Pharmacal order to get Twitter to disclose the details of the accounts.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/disclosure-orders-to-be-sought-in-harris-cases-next-week-40424944.html

https://twitter.com/PhoenixLawHR/status/1393210569889615872

Regards...jmcc

Fergal was lucky he wasn't aware of all these goings on, he too would have ended up being demonized at best esp his assoc with RTE should he have spoken earlier.

That @barbarapym2 account Harris was sacked from the Sunday Independent over is a really evil, twisted space
    https://twitter.com/fergalrte/status/1390414942818471937

jmcc wrote: »
    Looks like they are going for a Norwich Pharmacal order to get Twitter to disclose the details of the accounts.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/disclosure-orders-to-be-sought-in-harris-cases-next-week-40424944.html

https://twitter.com/PhoenixLawHR/status/1393210569889615872

Regards...jmcc
    I think wife Gwen tops the list, after that 2 names in particular are coming up...I will only use initials here for obv reasons DQ & EH while a third with the second name initial of M is also being mentioned. I think it was a purely an Eoghan & Gwen activity and Eoghan trying to spread the blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I think wife Gwen tops the list, after that 2 names in particular are coming up...I will only use initials here for obv reasons DQ & EH while a third with the second name initial of M is also being mentioned. I think it was a purely an Eoghan & Gwen activity and Eoghan trying to spread the blame.

EH would have to be on the list as she is has been his parrot for years and was his attack dog aimed at women journalists since she started at the SI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

tipptom wrote: »
    EH would have to be on the list as she is has been his parrot for years and was his attack dog aimed at women journalists since she started at the SI

Be great to see them all nailed.

tipptom wrote: »
    That female parrot stands out like a mile and had been in open support of the fake "Harris" twitter accounts and RDE with ages but has been at loggerheads with him of recent when she did not go along with what he determined a majority in NI for a UI. I was thinking of a male who joined the Harris agenda of more recent with political ambitions after a failed other career.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

He was too busy fighting and being horrible to party colleagues, till he left.

His marriage broke up, his wife found happiness with a man, who could provide a loving, environment for her and the kids.

Did Allison Morris find happiness and a loving environment after the abusive relationship she was in?

"An Irish News journalist has revealed that she was harassed by her former partner for four years.

Speaking to BBC Radio Foyle, Allison Morris called for stalking legislation to be extended to Northern Ireland.

It comes days after Fernando Murphy, of Balholm Drive, in Belfast, was jailed for 10 offences, including harassment and breaching a restraining order.

"I was full of anxiety, my hair was falling out with stress," the security correspondent said about her ordeal.

Murphy, 42, was handed a 14-month sentence at Belfast Magistrates' Court last Thursday. He will spend half his sentence in prison and the other half on licence.

During four years of abuse, Ms Morris was subjected to "humiliating" behaviour, including Murphy coming to the Irish News and "shouting and screaming"

How about Sinn Fein man Pearse McAuley, released under the Good Friday agreement, who went on to stab his wife 13 times in Cavan in 2014 at their family home?

"Ms Lawlor described McAuley repeatedly knifing his estranged wife as she lay on the kitchen floor in a pool of her blood during what became a two-and-a-half-hour attack"

I suppose relationships break down every day for many different reasons. Sometimes abusive, other times amicably.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Did Allison Morris find happiness and a loving environment after the abusive relationship she was in?

"An Irish News journalist has revealed that she was harassed by her former partner for four years.

Speaking to BBC Radio Foyle, Allison Morris called for stalking legislation to be extended to Northern Ireland.

It comes days after Fernando Murphy, of Balholm Drive, in Belfast, was jailed for 10 offences, including harassment and breaching a restraining order.

"I was full of anxiety, my hair was falling out with stress," the security correspondent said about her ordeal.

Murphy, 42, was handed a 14-month sentence at Belfast Magistrates' Court last Thursday. He will spend half his sentence in prison and the other half on licence.

During four years of abuse, Ms Morris was subjected to "humiliating" behaviour, including Murphy coming to the Irish News and "shouting and screaming"

Not sure why on earth this is being dragged in here. It doesnt prove anything or change anything. Eoghan Harris acted mysogynistically.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Is this a thread on domestic abuse or Eoghan Harris?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Fann Linn wrote: »

Is Jayci20 saying Harris is a violent misogynist?

Is Jayci20 saying Harris is a violent misogynist?

I don't know I'm totally lost at that this stage. You'd almost believe it was planned.

Fann Linn wrote: »

Oh, a previous poster with a problem with Eoghan Harris thought loving relationships and marital breakdowns were very relevant. He said:

"His marriage broke up, his wife found happiness with a man, who could provide a loving, environment for her and the kids"

I suppose amicable marital breakdowns are much better than what can happen in some relationships such as Sinn Fein's Pearse Mcauley who stabbed his wife 13 times with a steak knife on Christmas Eve in front of their two children. A man who had been released under the Good Friday agreement.

• Advertisement

Annasopra wrote: »
    Not sure why on earth this is being dragged in here. It doesnt prove anything or change anything. Eoghan Harris acted mysogynistically.
    a very poor attempted deflection:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh, a previous poster with a problem with Eoghan Harris thought loving relationships and marital breakdowns were very relevant. He said:

"His marriage broke up, his wife found happiness with a man, who could provide a loving, environment for her and the kids"

I suppose amicable marital breakdowns are much better than what can happen in some relationships such as Sinn Fein's Pearse Mcauley who stabbed his wife 13 times with a steak knife on Christmas Eve in front of their two children. A man who had been released under the Good Friday agreement.
    I suggest you start a new thread on Pearse Mcauley.

I suggest you start a new thread on Pearse Mcauley.

Oh, you mean marital and relationship breakdowns, which happen every day in Ireland, aren't really that relevant?

And what's your point ? McAuley is as big a c##t as Harris? McAuleys wife is now a SF TD so Harris probably blames her? I can't tell at this stage whether you are Harris or his besotted stalker

Oh, you mean marital and relationship breakdowns, which happen every day in Ireland, aren't really that relevant?
    Don't quote what I didn't state or imply. I suggest to you if you consider the topic relevant you start a new thread on it like the other subject matter you raise. Pearse Mcauley was never a treasured journalistic anchor for the largest selling Irish newspaper or advisor to the likes of John Bruton, Bertie Ahern, David Trimble and Micheal Martin. There are others which he claims but they disclaim his claim. Pearse Mcauley was never given the publicity or airtime or claimed he was a bulwark for standards in public life.

I suppose when you compare tweets such as "backside in the air" to someone like Sinn Fein's Pearse McAuley who stabbed his wife twelve times after being released from prison for murdering Garda Jerry McCabe, it puts everything into context.

Who will the Sinn Fein/woke mob be after next? I suppose we will again have to suffer the spectacle of the Terry Prone-type journalists or Kathy Sheridan's saying how they knew all along, but were just too cowardly to speak out when it actually mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

A whole new generation of young people are getting the stories malevolent lickspittles like Harris, and his ilk, tried to have purged from the public consciousness in Ireland.

The Late Late Show tonight has dedicated a large section of the show to the stories of Ballymurphy families, something they should have done decades ago but we'll take it.

Their revisionist project has failed miserably and the British themselves, aided by useful idiot Unionists in the DUP, have been the main reason.

I suppose when you compare tweets such as "backside in the air" to someone like Sinn Fein's Pearse McAuley who stabbed his wife twelve times after being released from prison for murdering Garda Jerry McCabe, it puts everything into context.

Who will the Sinn Fein/woke mob be after next? I suppose we will again have to suffer the spectacle of the Terry Prone-type journalists or Kathy Sheridan's saying how they knew all along, but were just too cowardly to speak out when it actually mattered.

For the umpteenth time SF have fcuk all to do with Barbara's downfall. His employer and his peers brought him down, and not before time.

Harris aimed his bile at the Indo's new owners wife, SF, the PLO, Leeds United or the Medellin cartel had nothing to do with the old mad ba$tards downfall

• Advertisement

That is pure "Harris" style to besmirch everyone as "Sinn Fein/woke mob" to get your way. You seem to be in same confused mindset as Harris conflating what you don't like into a Sinn Fein-IRA vitriol as a modus for attack. Pearse McAuley and his criminality has absol nothing to do with the subject matter under discussion. As for your Terry Prone attack she was never taken in by the Harris shenanigans like so many in the INM rag were. As for Kathy Sheridan of Irish Times this publication was subject to the most vile attacks by Harris masquerading in his twitter world manipulating the news and making "fake news".
    Are you going to next thing tell me what Harris did was ok?

Advertisement