Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

As I wrote earlier the assassinations plan of Harris did not confine himself to SF but the Social Democrats and INM rag was aware of this with a long time and allowed it

https://geekpic.net/pm-S3OANW.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

mrjoneill wrote: »
    As I wrote earlier the assassinations plan of Harris did not confine himself to SF but the Social Democrats and INM rag was aware of this with a long time and allowed it

When you look at those two tweets alone you realise he was a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

It doesn't take a crack analyst to look at the results over the past few decades and see which way the wind is blowing.

After the 1997 election Sinn Fein had a single seat in the Dáil. Their growth since then has been plain to see:

1997: 1
    2002: 5
    2007: 4
    2011: 14
    2016: 14
    2020: 37

Sinn Fein winning an election is inevitable - especially when the political discourse in recent times has shifted back to their strongest topic - housing.

I have no doubt that come the next election FF & FG will show that they have learned absolutely nothing and try and take SF down based on IRA atrocities. Meanwhile a generation of disgruntled voters locked out of the housing market will vote with their eye on the future, not the past.

I think it's an absolute certainty that FF will do this. FG - I'm not sure. It surely suits them to try and get to the European norm of a slightly centre left party competing with a slightly centre right party. We'd only be 100 years after the rest of Europe settled on this model and at a time when the voters in a lot of countries have abandoned the slightly centre-left party in favour of populists.

Long term wise I'd see this as a winner for FG - Irish people are not particularly radical about anything and are generally in favour of free enterprise and the type of soft, smiling face capitalism that FG espouse.

Ofc it's entirely possible that there's still plenty of mini-Charlie Flanagans in their ranks who will revert to type.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I think it's an absolute certainty that FF will do this. FG - I'm not sure. It surely suits them to try and get to the European norm of a slightly centre left party competing with a slightly centre right party. We'd only be 100 years after the rest of Europe settled on this model and at a time when the voters in a lot of countries have abandoned the slightly centre-left party in favour of populists.

Long term wise I'd see this as a winner for FG - Irish people are not particularly radical about anything and are generally in favour of free enterprise and the type of soft, smiling face capitalism that FG espouse.

Ofc it's entirely possible that there's still plenty of mini-Charlie Flanagans in their ranks who will revert to type.

Wouldn't be surprised if Charlie's name crops up in the not too distant future, would be a Harris disciple

• Registered Users Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭golfball37

Wouldn't be surprised if Charlie's name crops up in the not too distant future, would be a Harris disciple

His claims against the unquiet graves program would make Harris blush almost. He claimed it was narrated by an IRA sympathiser was the stand out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It doesn't take a crack analyst to look at the results over the past few decades and see which way the wind is blowing.

After the 1997 election Sinn Fein had a single seat in the Dáil. Their growth since then has been plain to see:

1997: 1
    2002: 5
    2007: 4
    2011: 14
    2016: 14
    2020: 37

Sinn Fein winning an election is inevitable - especially when the political discourse in recent times has shifted back to their strongest topic - housing.

I have no doubt that come the next election FF & FG will show that they have learned absolutely nothing and try and take SF down based on IRA atrocities. Meanwhile a generation of disgruntled voters locked out of the housing market will vote with their eye on the future, not the past.

The younger folk don't give a fiddlers about "the troubles". Why would they? It was a lifetime in the past to them. And they care nothing for arseholes who constantly want to drag up the past either, cos those arseholes words are usually empty.

What they do care about, though, is their own future, and they don't see one with the FF/FG merry-go-round with the sheer lack of interest both parties have in sorting out our housing crisis. They don't even have a coherent housing plan or initiative to offer younger voters...and that's after DECADES of being in power.

It's absolutely no wonder at all that younger voters took a punt on the Shinners in the last GE and from talking to a number that I know, I was very surprised at just who was voting that way. However, the overriding aspect of each person I talked to, irrespective of background, was housing.

They know there's nothing in it for them regarding that if they vote FF/FG.

He was recruited by him, but I don't think he is as foolish as that and trapped in that dogma. His twitter a/c is squeaky clean of that vein. If there was others outside of himself and Gwen I put it down to more doctrinal led such as is now EH, DQ and KM.
    Some suggest this suspended account was pure KM

https://mobile.twitter.com/DollyWh72057454

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

The Dolly White account is Gwen Halley (Harris's wife) according to the Sunday Times front page.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    The Dolly White account is Gwen Halley (Harris's wife) according to the Sunday Times front page.

Regards...jmcc

I think she played the large part of the @barbarapym2 @bridgetfmcinty1 @dave00_d and @CorkUnionist account too. If Eoghan tells us he is as ill as he is he couldn't post as vigorous as he did. What really amused me is the @CorkUnionist post. If one did not know differently one would think there was a big protestant unionist community in Cork trapped into denying their Britishness and yearning for it to be acknowledged while in reality is there is none. There is no Cork Unionist community and what was was destroyed by the unionist community in the NE casting them aside in the rush to create NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭dog_pig

I think she played the large part of the @barbarapym2 @bridgetfmcinty1 @dave00_d and @CorkUnionist account too. If Eoghan tells us he is as ill as he is he couldn't post as vigorous as he did. What really amused me is the @CorkUnionist post. If one did not know differently one would think there was a big protestant unionist community in Cork trapped into denying their Britishness and yearning for it to be acknowledged while in reality is there is none. There is no Cork Unionist community and what was was destroyed by the unionist community in the NE casting them aside in the rush to create NI.

What's the deal with the @CorkUnionist account? It's still active.

• Advertisement

dog_pig wrote: »
    What's the deal with the @CorkUnionist account? It's still active.
    its still there.

"Just a loyal Cork man, yearning for Irish reunification in a reunified United Kingdom."

https://twitter.com/corkunionist?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

jmcc wrote: »

Regards...jmcc

Harris probably told her and she went along No choice, to have peace, quiet and safety at home.

She must be desperately unhappy that at her age, that poison pen Twitter accounts are her outlet.

As one of the few here that has defended Harris from hyperbole attacks in the thread it pains me to note that given his health that in a few years she'll be able to return to living a life with dignity, self respect as options.

Maybe after the marriage they aren't options anymore.

I wish her well, she needs all the help she can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Fann Linn wrote: »
    When you look at those two tweets alone you realise he was a knob.

It gets worse. His brother ran for the Soc Dems in the 2019 local elections in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

its still there.

"Just a loyal Cork man, yearning for Irish reunification in a reunified United Kingdom."

https://twitter.com/corkunionist?lang=en

That is brilliant,he says"Unionism is all about inclusivity".
    Its like Waterford Whispers lol

Is it not going to be difficult in court to prove that it was Harris who actually posted the defamatory tweets as there was multiple people posting from the ac?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

These tweets highlight the corner into which he has painted himself. While it is indeed likely that the SDs and other 'soft left' parties will end up in alliance with SF after the next election, the current signals from his beloved FF are far more favourable towards SF than from any of those parties.

When the world and his wife could see after he last election that Martin thought hard, if not necessarily long, about a deal with SF, Eoghan apparently never doubted his hero for a second. So I hope he has some sort of media platform in a few years when FF actually do go through with the 'deal with the devil', so we can all watch his head explode.:P

Danzy wrote: »
    Harris probably told her and she went along No choice, to have peace, quiet and safety at home.

She must be desperately unhappy that at her age, that poison pen Twitter accounts are her outlet.

As one of the few here that has defended Harris from hyperbole attacks in the thread it pains me to note that given his health that in a few years she'll be able to return to living a life with dignity, self respect as options.

Maybe after the marriage they aren't options anymore.

I wish her well, she needs all the help she can get.

I totally disagree; I see it as the meeting of like minds, that is what attracted her to him and his robust politics. Harris admits his marriage is without a sexual part, now with age and prostate cancer but obv the meeting minds circumvents this. I see it as a marriage united in trolling and attacking. As for Gwen she is far from the poodle you think she is. Her period as a journalist student in Griffith College was filled with skirmishing. The then GC student publication “The Circular” was testament to this. Here is a very public riposte from Harry Browne, DIT, Aungier St on a Harris style attack made on him. The extended Fanning-Harris family were allowed to pollute the INM rag by its former editor Aengus Fanning and his marriage to Harrises first wife Ann who went on to be editor after his death compounded it. I see Gwen taking to social media as an outlet to her curtailment in the INM rags where she was once a “journalist”.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/harry-gwen-and-griffith-college-26227120.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Jeepers, she’s literally female Eoghan

Here is a link to front page of ST

https://www.broadsheet.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Jeepers, she’s literally female Eoghan

Here is a link to front page of ST

https://www.broadsheet.ie/

Must have been a right nest of vipers working in Indo newspapers. When you think of Cruise O Brien plus a few others its obvious to see why more and more people pay no heed to these clowns or buy their papers.

Annasopra wrote: »
    One of the main reasons so many working class voters supported Fianna Fail from the 1930s right up until 1980s or so was because of Fianna Fails housing policies in the 1930s and 1940s

Yeh. So if Sinn Fein do deliver housing it’s curtains for the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

. As for Gwen she is far from the poodle you think she is. Her period as a journalist student in Griffith College was filled with skirmishing. The then GC student publication “The Circular” was testament to this. Here is a very public repository from Harry Browne, DIT, Aungier St, D2 on a Harris style attack makes on him. The extended Fanning-Harris family were allowed to pollute the INM rag by its former editor Aengus Fanning and his marriage to Harrises first wife Ann who went on to be editor after his death compounded it. I see Gwen taking to social media as an outlet to her curtailment in the INM rags where she was once a “journalist”.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/harry-gwen-and-griffith-college-26227120.html

Yes. She is not the shrinking violet Danzy makes her out to be. As you say she used to use her column to settles scores from her days as a student. She came across as childish and petty a lot of the time

It gets worse. His brother ran for the Soc Dems in the 2019 local elections in Cork.

He was an elected in 2014 local elections as an independent councillor for Cork County Council. The area he lived in Douglas was then in the Ballincollig-Carrigaline ward of Cork County Council. Eoghan was very proud of the fact he had a brother an elected councillor, one would have thought it was Taoiseach. He ran unsuccessfully as SD candidate in the 2019 local election to Cork City Council without success, getting 350+ votes. The area he lived in Douglas was brought into the city council. His brother Eoghan shenanigans didn’t help either. He ran an auctioneering business but it was grossly insolvent. It was built on borrowings some personally backed to finance the limited company he ran. As he stated “I was heavily borrowed”. He lost everything in it inc his family home and at one stage was living in a car.
    https://www.thesun.ie/archives/irish-news/167094/homeless-cork-politician-joe-harris-determined-to-bounce-back-after-repossession-ordeal/

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Must have been a right nest of vipers working in Indo newspapers. When you think of Cruise O Brien plus a few others its obvious to see why more and more people pay no heed to these clowns or buy their papers.
    Mary Ellen Synon was another nasty viper at the Sindo even forcing an apology from the then Sindo editor Aengus Fanning on the attack on the disabled. There was another outburst by her against travellers which a Garda report went to the DPP.

Mary Ellen Synon was another nasty viper at the Sindo even forcing an apology from the then Sindo editor Aengus Fanning on the attack on the disabled. There was another outburst by her against travellers which a Garda report went to the DPP.

Yeah,think she went on to write for The Mail after that.she was their Katie Hopkins only nastier

Didnt she do some News of the World kiss and tell with the govenor of the Bank of England or someone like that?

Seem to remember a middle page spread with her splayed on a boardroom table in stockings and suspenders,this is the type of trash that the SI takes on and expect us to take it seriously

Wonder how long before a politicians name enters the mix?

repeat deleted

Wonder how long before a politicians name enters the mix?
    Only politician in the RoI that got his praise was Micheal. He claims he is an advisor to him which Micheal denies. I doubt Micheal has anything to do with him. He was constantly going for Leo’s jugular as this demonstrates and the argument he puts up is pure BS. Best of all is he writes about “to save a few oldies like him” referring to Leo and he almost double his age and obv immune suppressed making him both more susceptible and harmed by COVID
    https://geekpic.net/pm-JVKSTT.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Caquas

It is extraordinary that Eoghan Harris was a columnist for the best selling Irish newspaper for over twenty years and has been prominent in the Irish media for 50 years but he doesn’t have an influential friend in the world to defend him. Kevin Myers is the only one to speak up but that is a kiss of death. Alan Shatter may sympathise but he seems to have the sense not to make matters worse for Harris.

That says a lot about Harris but it says even more about the vipers nest which dominates our media. There is no loyalty or solidarity. Anyone who stumbles will be devoured. Weirdly, Harris has been destroyed by a peripheral issue- an anonymous Twitter account- having survived for decades despite being has on the wrong side of every major issue. It seems to be his special gift to be blind to simple realities (e.g. the brutal evil of loyalist paramilitaries) and contrarian on issues where public opinion is right.

He was up to his neck with the Stickies for many years I.e. he combined support for the Official IRA with communist fantasies about State-run enterprises. He saw the game was up for Communism after 1989 but he then went after John Hume and the peace process, saying the streets would be filled with blood. Even after the GFA, he couldn’t reconcile himself to anything involving SF and vilified Mary McAlleese but somehow ingratiated himself with Bertie who made him a Senator (how did we fail to abolish that elitist carbuncle on the face of our democracy?)

He did make many enemies but he was always careful to curry favour with the powerful- Tony O’Reilly first and foremost but he is also quick to praise our current interim Taoiseach. Anyone in public life should look at Eoghan Harris and realise they are on very thin ice. Kate 0’Connell and Maria Bailey come to mind as other recent examples. If you want a friend in Irish politics, get a dog!

tipptom wrote: »
    Yeah,think she went on to write for The Mail after that.she was their Katie Hopkins only nastier

Didnt she do some News of the World kiss and tell with the govenor of the Bank of England or someone like that?

Seem to remember a middle page spread with her splayed on a boardroom table in stockings and suspenders,this is the type of trash that the SI takes on and expect us to take it seriously

She supported the KKK and finally got the road for comments on the paralympics,

• Advertisement

Caquas wrote: »
    It is extraordinary that Eoghan Harris was a columnist for the best selling Irish newspaper for over twenty years and has been prominent in the Irish media for 50 years but he doesn’t have an influential friend in the world to defend him. Kevin Myers is the only one to speak up but that is a kiss of death. Alan Shatter may sympathise but he seems to have the sense not to make matters worse for Harris.

That says a lot about Harris but it says even more about the vipers nest which dominates our media. There is no loyalty or solidarity. Anyone who stumbles will be devoured. Weirdly, Harris has been destroyed by a peripheral issue- an anonymous Twitter account- having survived for decades despite being has on the wrong side of every major issue. It seems to be his special gift to be blind to simple realities (e.g. the brutal evil of loyalist paramilitaries) and contrarian on issues where public opinion is right.

He was up to his neck with the Stickies for many years I.e. he combined support for the Official IRA with communist fantasies about State-run enterprises. He saw the game was up for Communism after 1989 but he then went after John Hume and the peace process, saying the streets would be filled with blood. Even after the GFA, he couldn’t reconcile himself to anything involving SF and vilified Mary McAlleese but somehow ingratiated himself with Bertie who made him a Senator (how did we fail to abolish that elitist carbuncle on the face of our democracy?)

He did make many enemies but he was always careful to curry favour with the powerful- Tony O’Reilly first and foremost but he is also quick to praise our current interim Taoiseach. Anyone in public life should look at Eoghan Harris and realise they are on very thin ice. Kate 0’Connell and Maria Bailey come to mind as other recent examples. If you want a friend in Irish politics, get a dog!

It reflects more on the rag the Sindo had become.
    He is not quite on his own he has Sean Kelly, and not surprisingly Ruth Dudley Edwards and Eilis O'Hanlon.
    https://geekpic.net/pm-GYFV96.html

Advertisement