Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Caquas

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I oftenhttps://www.thephoenix.ie/article/harris-hoist/ wondered what the hardline loyalists thought about that cabal of weirdos in the SIndo. Cruise O’Brien I think stood for election as a Unionist at one point but didn’t get any votes. They must wonder wtf is it with that lot. More likely that they don’t even know who they are.

Yeah, but it’s not just the Sindo cabal. Loyalists are fundamentally tribal and don’t trust outsiders. Even a true-blue Brit like Enoch Powell was always an outsider although he made himself useful to Unionists in British politics. But what use is Eoghan Harris to anyone? He probably thinks the Loyalist (ex)gunmen value his advice but of course Harris has built a career by creating the illusion that the great and the good - everyone from Mary Robinson to Micheal Martin - hang on his words of wisdom.

The Phoenix says his days were numbered in the Sindo when a sock puppet attacked the new publisher’s wife (from Strabane) as “Lady Macbeth”. I agree that sexism is just an excuse in this case. He was an editorial liability because his paranoia about SF was combined with indifference to the brutality and corruption of Loyalists

https://www.thephoenix.ie/article/harris-hoist/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

I often wondered what the hardline loyalists thought about that cabal of weirdos in the SIndo. Cruise O’Brien I think stood for election as a Unionist at one point but didn’t get any votes. They must wonder wtf is it with that lot. More likely that they don’t even know who they are.
    Think that CCOB stood for the UK Unionist Party. When he failed to get elected and resigned, he was referred to as a Former UKUP member. :) He was the one who came out with that rubbish that Harris has been recycling about reaching out to Unionists to assure them that they had nothing to worry about. (Has Harris ever had an original political idea?)

Still think that Sindo/Indo are realigning to a new online model to take on the Irish Times and the Sunday Times. That requires dumping a lot of the old rubbish like Harris and getting content that is read by people who actually will subscribe online.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Caquas wrote: »
    Yeah, but it’s not just the Sindo cabal. Loyalists are fundamentally tribal and don’t trust outsiders. Even a true-blue Brit like Enoch Powell was always an outsider although he made himself useful to Unionists in British politics. But what use is Eoghan Harris to anyone? He probably thinks the Loyalist (ex)gunmen value his advice but of course Harris has built a career by creating the illusion that the great and the good - everyone from Mary Robinson to Micheal Martin - hang on his words of wisdom.

The Phoenix says his days were numbered in the Sindo when a sock puppet attacked the new publisher’s wife (from Strabane) as “Lady Macbeth”. I agree that sexism is just an excuse in this case. He was an editorial liability because his paranoia about SF was combined with indifference to the brutality and corruption of Loyalists

https://www.thephoenix.ie/article/harris-hoist/

Back around circa 2003 ,Harris was a staunch supporter of the Iraq war

He uses to talk about how he was paly with neo con project architects like Richard Perle so believing he influences ulster loyalists is chicken feed for his enormous ego ,he is a delusional narcissistic fool who thinks a huge number of people listen to him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

He also has "interesting" views on paedophilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭amandstu

tipptom wrote: »
    He also has "interesting" views on paedophilia.

Such as?

• Advertisement

amandstu wrote: »
    Such as?

Seems to think that if you are one of the great writers or philosophers like himself or his friends that it is okay to pay young poor children for sex,it has given them great inspiration for their writings

Seems to think that if you are one of the great writers or philosophers like himself or his friends that it is okay to pay young poor children for sex,it has given them great inspiration for their writings
    reference?(or is "seems to think" your way of giving your interpretation?)

reference?(or is "seems to think" your way of giving your interpretation?)

Go look it up and you can form your own interpretation.

Go look it up and you can form your own interpretation.
    I will choose to ignore your contribution if you can't be bothered to back it up .

Maybe others here are more diligent?

I will choose to ignore your contribution if you can't be bothered to back it up .

Maybe others here are more diligent?

Choose to ignore what you want,free world.

You were already told by one poster here to go look it up yourself after your incessant "innocent" questions.

• Advertisement

Choose to ignore what you want,free world.

You were already told by one poster here to go look it up yourself after your incessant "innocent" questions.
    Where was that? How are my questions "innocent"? (or are you implying they are somehow "not innocent"?

Where was that? How are my questions "innocent"? (or are you implying they are somehow "not innocent"?

You said you choose to ignore me as you pointly said there is other posters more diligent,do that or their is a handy little mute button you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Is bold Eoghan and some of his journalists friends still using sock puppet accounts?

https://twitter.com/davidintheforc1/status/1395807755227832326?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

smurgen wrote: »
    Is bold Eoghan and some of his journalists friends still using sock puppet accounts?

https://twitter.com/davidintheforc1/status/1395807755227832326?s=19

Think the Irish Observer is Vincent McKenna, convicted sex offender.

You said you choose to ignore me as you pointly said there is other posters more diligent,do that or their is a handy little mute button you can use.

Well I may ignore you now (insofar as your comments concern me) since you have not answered my "pointy" questions.

Wonderful explanation of Harris for an international audience. :)

https://twitter.com/MagdaDavitt77/status/1396393322592276482

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Danzy wrote: »
    Think the Irish Observer is Vincent McKenna, convicted sex offender.
    And arsonist. Best part is he was never a member of SF or the IRA and he writes as if he was. He writes of the paedo culture in Irish republicanism yet is blind to his own abomination done to his own "flesh and blood". He claims to have attended IRA army council meetings and all that. And the organization inc SF says he was never in them.
    Another warped wannabe attention seeker just like Harris looking to be noticed.

Sam Cushnahan, a founder of the British government-funded but now defunct Families Against Intimidation and Terror, said he believed McKenna had only become active in its work, against paramilitary punishment beatings, in preparation for the day he knew would arrive when he would come before a court charged with sex abuse.
    https://www.irishecho.com/2011/02/provo-critic-jailed-for-child-abuse-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

jmcc wrote: »
    Think that CCOB stood for the UK Unionist Party. When he failed to get elected and resigned, he was referred to as a Former UKUP member. :) He was the one who came out with that rubbish that Harris has been recycling about reaching out to Unionists to assure them that they had nothing to worry about. (Has Harris ever had an original political idea?)

Still think that Sindo/Indo are realigning to a new online model to take on the Irish Times and the Sunday Times. That requires dumping a lot of the old rubbish like Harris and getting content that is read by people who actually will subscribe online.

Regards...jmcc

Remember a Sindo journalist called Stan Gebler Davies? He ran as a Unionist councillor in Cork in the late 80s though cant be sure if it was meant as some kind of joke, he was a raving alcoholic and strange character.

Remember a Sindo journalist called Stan Gebler Davies? He ran as a Unionist councillor in Cork in the late 80s though cant be sure if it was meant as some kind of joke, he was a raving alcoholic and strange character.

Remember him,think his brother was a playwright in london

Can't say that I do. It would be consistent with the Sindo/Indo neo-Unionist line though.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

Remember him,think his brother was a playwright in london

His uncle Ernest Gebler was a successful writer in the 1950s who married Edna O’Brien when she was a young unknown. I don’t think Stan got along with his Irish relatives but he played a role in the Sindo which Eoghan Harris emulated after his death: a Unionist in West Cork enthralling the natives with his garrulous wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

mrjoneill wrote: »
    And arsonist. Best part is he was never a member of SF or the IRA and he writes as if he was. He writes of the paedo culture in Irish republicanism yet is blind to his own abomination done to his own "flesh and blood". He claims to have attended IRA army council meetings and all that. And the organization inc SF says he was never in them.
    Another warped wannabe attention seeker just like Harris looking to be noticed.

Sam Cushnahan, a founder of the British government-funded but now defunct Families Against Intimidation and Terror, said he believed McKenna had only become active in its work, against paramilitary punishment beatings, in preparation for the day he knew would arrive when he would come before a court charged with sex abuse.
    https://www.irishecho.com/2011/02/provo-critic-jailed-for-child-abuse-2/

Jeez. I remember when that guy was the go to man for Charles Moore in the Daily Telegraph on the evils of the IRA. So he is a fantasist as well as deviant. He engaged in some amount of compartmentalization when you consider the way he would go on about giving a voice to the victims of violence and intimidation by the IRA

Jeez. I remember when that guy was the go to man for Charles Moore in the Daily Telegraph on the evils of the IRA. So he is a fantasist as well as deviant. He engaged in some amount of compartmentalization when you consider the way he would go on about giving a voice to the victims of violence and intimidation by the IRA

A fully certified crazy that is best friend of RDE and a plethora of other unionist who cite him all the time of the "wrong" done to them. He even has blogs full of convoluted stuff.

http://theirishobserver.blogspot.com/2020/10/vincent-mckenna-sex-crime-sinn-fein.html

What I understand of him going way back was he was seeking to join the IRA, he coming from a family steeped in militant republicanism and they didn't accept so he went freelancing against their advise. He petrol bombed the home of an RUC officer during the Hunger-Strike in 1981 which he was later convicted for. Moving on to 1999 there are reports of him appearing on the platform of a right-wing pro-Royal Ulster Constabulary rally in Belfast, called to oppose reform of the RUC proposed by the British Labour government's Patten Commission.
    Same convoluted for RDE and her best friend in London, gay pub chaperon and house-sitter was the killer Sean O'Callaghan. He got away with a callous cowardly needless murder of John Corcoran which had an enormous impact on his family afterwards.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/reticence-over-murder-arouses-suspicion-1.22104?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fopinion%2Freticence-over-murder-arouses-suspicion-1.22104

His uncle Ernest Gebler was a successful writer in the 1950s who married Edna O’Brien when she was a young unknown. I don’t think Stan got along with his Irish relatives but he played a role in the Sindo which Eoghan Harris emulated after his death: a Unionist in West Cork enthralling the natives with his garrulous wit.
    Yes indeed he got more Christmas cards than votes. He is deceased 27yrs after a long battle with cancer

Yes indeed he got more Christmas cards than votes. He is deceased 27yrs after a long battle with cancer

He had a good campaign slogan “Vote for me or I’ll kiss your baby!”

Didn’t win many votes but got a good few laughs.

I don’t think Harris ever put himself on a ballot paper.

It is delicious that he has been undone by an anonymous Twitter account after he spent 20 years as a secret Stickie running current affairs in RTÉ, as Vincent Browne explained long ago

https://magill.ie/archive/eoghan-harris-and-workers-party

He had a good campaign slogan “Vote for me or I’ll kiss your baby!”

Didn’t win many votes but got a good few laughs.

I don’t think Harris ever put himself on a ballot paper.

It is delicious that he has been undone by an anonymous Twitter account after he spent 20 years as a secret Stickie running current affairs in RTÉ, as Vincent Browne explained long ago

https://magill.ie/archive/eoghan-harris-and-workers-party

Eoghan never did face the hundreds of thousands of supporters he claimed to have but his brother Joe did in Cork winning a seat in Cork County Council as an indep fpr Douglas as it then was in the county council. He failed to get elected to Cork City Council when the boundaries were changed and also contested a general election. The Christmas card scenario applied in the latter two elections no doubt helped along by brother Eoghan's shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A fully certified crazy that is best friend of RDE and a plethora of other unionist who cite him all the time of the "wrong" done to them. He even has blogs full of convoluted stuff.

http://theirishobserver.blogspot.com/2020/10/vincent-mckenna-sex-crime-sinn-fein.html

What I understand of him going way back was he was seeking to join the IRA, he coming from a family steeped in militant republicanism and they didn't accept so he went freelancing against their advise. He petrol bombed the home of an RUC officer during the Hunger-Strike in 1981 which he was later convicted for. Moving on to 1999 there are reports of him appearing on the platform of a right-wing pro-Royal Ulster Constabulary rally in Belfast, called to oppose reform of the RUC proposed by the British Labour government's Patten Commission.
    Same convoluted for RDE and her best friend in London, gay pub chaperon and house-sitter was the killer Sean O'Callaghan. He got away with a callous cowardly needless murder of John Corcoran which had an enormous impact on his family afterwards.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/reticence-over-murder-arouses-suspicion-1.22104?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fopinion%2Freticence-over-murder-arouses-suspicion-1.22104

Holy moly. . He thinks he is the victim of a miscarriage of justice and will be exonerated. Also he has gall to accuse others of paedophilia. What a deluded and vile individual. How on earth can Ruth Dudley Edwards think this man has been wronged!?

Holy moly. . He thinks he is the victim of a miscarriage of justice and will be exonerated. Also he has gall to accuse others of paedophilia. What a deluded and vile individual. How on earth can Ruth Dudley Edwards think this man has been wronged!?

She thinks he can be useful to her cracked obsessions so a bit of paedophilia will not stand in her way,shes a mad old Biddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

I often wondered what the hardline loyalists thought about that cabal of weirdos in the SIndo. Cruise O’Brien I think stood for election as a Unionist at one point but didn’t get any votes. They must wonder wtf is it with that lot. More likely that they don’t even know who they are.

The fact that Harris RDE Ellis O Hanlon and the Boozer O Brien were ever taken seriously in Irish society is a damning indictment of how the croppy lie down self hating spirit thrived in Ireland for so long.

Advertisement