Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Tks for the link what a desperate FI, looking to be noticed

Scoundrel wrote: »
    The fact that Harris RDE Ellis O Hanlon and the Boozer O Brien were ever taken seriously in Irish society is a damning indictment of how the croppy lie down self hating spirit thrived in Ireland for so long.
    It was an attempted of gross manipulation of Irish public opinion which failed. I have no doubt it was following the wishes of Tony O‘Reilly and later on Denis O’Brien. That Ellis O Hanlon is the only one left in the Irish media, beating the same drum. What amazes me about these “so called” public opinion setters is they believe they have some higher moral grounds while the reality is it’s some type of control thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

The fact that Harris RDE Ellis O Hanlon and the Boozer O Brien were ever taken seriously in Irish society is a damning indictment of how the croppy lie down self hating spirit thrived in Ireland for so long.
    mrjoneill wrote: »
    It was an attempted of gross manipulation of Irish public opinion which failed. I have no doubt it was following the wishes of Tony O‘Reilly and later on Denis O’Brien. That Ellis O Hanlon is the only one left in the Irish media, beating the same drum. What amazes me about these “so called” public opinion setters is they believe they have some higher moral grounds while the reality is it’s some type of control thing.

The disturbing thing is that it was the biggest selling Sunday paper in Ireland at that time, and Harris et al were on broadcast media spouting their sh1t on a regular basis as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

You know you’re really on your own when even ex-paramilitaries don’t want any whiff of you lingering in their vicinity.

Any word from Bertie?

He was so impressed that he made Harris a member of the least democratic parliamentary chamber in the European Union. They say Caligula wanted to make his horse a Senator as an insult to the Roman Senate. Was Bertie sending a message with his appointments? Whatever happened to Senator Maria Corrigan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

TheCitizen wrote: »
    The disturbing thing is that it was the biggest selling Sunday paper in Ireland at that time, and Harris et al were on broadcast media spouting their sh1t on a regular basis as well.

I think they used to wheel him and George Hook out to laugh at them , 2 roaring old clowns spouting ill informed drivel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You'd wonder how much of a chilling effect the whole Section 31 thing had/has on wider society, academics, researchers, biographers, film makers, broadcasters and so on.

I read during the week that, some years back, the Late Late Show had General Mike Jackson on promoting a book and he was given a soft-ball interview; this well over a decade before the families of the Ballymurphy massacred appeared and only after a UK coroner cleared their loved-ones of being bombers and gunmen/women.

What a bunch of spinless frauds we've had running the important institutions in Ireland, thankfully people have digital media now to bypass the gatekeepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

You'd wonder how much of a chilling effect the whole Section 31 thing had/has on wider society, academics, researchers, biographers, film makers, broadcasters and so on.
    Generations of creativity and intellect lost because of mediocre poundshop "intellectuals" like Harris, Dudley Edwards, Cruise O'Brien and the rest of them. To Hell with them!

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I read during the week that, some years back, the Late Late Show had General Mike Jackson on promoting a book and he was given a soft-ball interview; this well over a decade before the families of the Ballymurphy massacred appeared and only after a UK coroner cleared their loved-ones of being bombers and gunmen/women.

What a bunch of spinless frauds we've had running the important institutions in Ireland, thankfully people have digital media now to bypass the gatekeepers.

The old snob Gay Byrne inviting Gerry Adams on his show and made a point of not shaking his hand and the next week he would have the likes of jackson,Paisley,paisleys son and Paisleys daughter on and he would be falling all over them to kiss their ass not to mind shake their hand.

He laid on an ambush party of Michael McDowell,Hugh Leonard,FFs etc and Adams batted them all away with the audience getting on Adams side recognising what Byrne had set up.

Everyone all over the world knew what Paisley was ,what he did and what he was responsible for but Byrne couldnt help himself in trying to portray Paisley as some lovable old democrat with great jokes.

Byrne didnt have a 6 strong ambush party for big Ian that night to ask him "where are the guns Ian",or whats it like to "incite people to murder people because of their religion for all your life"?

Unbelievable that snobs like Byrne was the "housewives favourite" while at the same time he would mock their accents and make little of Irish people in general about their elocution.

He lauded the British army while calling the old IRA gangsters.

Byrne was one of the original allies of Harris back in the day in RTE who censored all voices and demonised any nationalists.

Its disgracful how these people were allowed to reign in a national broadcaster with their own personal agenda and only allowed their like minded idiot friends on programmes while we paid for it.

They were the real subversives and no one trusts or believes the Irish media anymore.

The FG-Labour led Gov led by Taoiseach Liam Cosgrave allowed the mass murder in Dublin and Monaghan to go without seeking justice for the victims of it and their families. The names of who did the actual bombing was well known and they were never challenged. Should there have been prosecutions on it one never knows how much information may have been revealed highlighting how high up the chain of the British state the conspiracy extended. I do believe Cosgrave "doing nothing" was protecting this chain.

Jesus, the Stickies were always up to no good.

Are there any young Stickies left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They are still around, they have joined SF though, sticky generation up and coming in the party, unfortunately.

Danzy wrote: »
    They are still around, they have joined SF though, sticky generation up and coming in the party, unfortunately.

I doubt that. I'd imagine the new generation of SF supporter know nothing about the Officials, The Workers Party, the nasty split, the North Korean counterfeiting stuff, the Soviet Union links, Joe McCann, Seamus Costello getting 'green lighted' on the North Strand etc.

Harris right in the middle of that in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

They still exist and funnily enough have just completed their 7th split Ted Tynan in Cork left them and others. They are a mixture of trendy lefties in the south and horrible old Group b type criminals who run a few terrible pubs in the north.

They still exist and funnily enough have just completed their 7th split Ted Tynan in Cork left them and others. They are a mixture of trendy lefties in the south and horrible old Group b type criminals who run a few terrible pubs in the north.

Bet the pubs are even Sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

I doubt that. I'd imagine the new generation of SF supporter know nothing about the Officials, The Workers Party, the nasty split, the North Korean counterfeiting stuff, the Soviet Union links, Joe McCann, Seamus Costello getting 'green lighted' on the North Strand etc.

I wonder how many of them are still involved in the Labour Party or did they all bail out when they ruined that party too?

I wonder how many of them are still involved in the Labour Party or did they all bail out when they ruined that party too?

A lot of them were reaching retirement age and when Labour got a few seats in the election went in with Fg and ruined what was left of the Labour party.

They knew that they were going to ruin the party but didnt care as long as they got the last ride to gravyville before they retired,but "isnt that what politicians do at election time".

Now they have Alan Kelly and his mate voting for Alan to be leader who had to rely on SF to get his seat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The FG-Labour led Gov led by Taoiseach Liam Cosgrave allowed the mass murder in Dublin and Monaghan to go without seeking justice for the victims of it and their families. The names of who did the actual bombing was well known and they were never challenged. Should there have been prosecutions on it one never knows how much information may have been revealed highlighting how high up the chain of the British state the conspiracy extended. I do believe Cosgrave "doing nothing" was protecting this chain.

Cosgrave was a puppet, wouldn't be surprised if MI5 ran him,

Careful now. Everyone on Boards.ie will join me in repeating out loud that Harris had no involvement whatsoever with any such activity.

I would recall that defamatory comments of this type led the Supreme Court to award £300,000 to the man Harris claims to have elevated to the European Parliament, Frankie Ross (aka Prionsias de Rossa).

Awkwardly for Harris it was his loudmouth stablemate, Eamon Dunphy, who cost the Sindo such pain by defaming de Rossa in his column. I bet the editor wished Eamon had an anonymous Twitter account where he could defame at his own risk.

Intriguing times in the Workers Party which Harris was the inspirational guidance force. It sought funds for operational special activities from the former Soviet Union. It has been alleged in court the WPoI through Sean Garland was the central vehicle for the distribution of N Korean counterfeit US dollars. He still defends Garlands role in this. Wonder is he going to set us straight on what exactly was “his” involvement. Also wonder what are his thoughts on the “border campaign” which his hero Sean Garland was the central figure. Eoghan is prob the last of these old fogies going back to the “split” still alive, wonder will he ever do a “tell all” that is factual with the truth without his usual bent. In a further twist, I see Eoghan’s old buddy and mentioned here several times Eamon Dunphy once the most critical of republican politics is now a committed SF supporter. Not too late for Eoghan to do an “about-turn” ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Intriguing times in the Workers Party which Harris was the inspirational guidance force. It sought funds for operational special activities from the former Soviet Union. It has been alleged in court the WPoI through Sean Garland was the central vehicle for the distribution of N Korean counterfeit US dollars. He still defends Garlands role in this. Wonder is he going to set us straight on what exactly was “his” involvement. Also wonder what are his thoughts on the “border campaign” which his hero Sean Garland was the central figure. Eoghan is prob the last of these old fogies going back to the “split” still alive, wonder will he ever do a “tell all” that is factual with the truth without his usual bent. In a further twist, I see Eoghan’s old buddy and mentioned here several times Eamon Dunphy once the most critical of republican politics is now a committed SF supporter. Not too late for Eoghan to do an “about-turn” ?

Eoghan is probably too dizzy from his previous about-turns to do another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Not so long ago Fine Gael were trying to remove History from the Junior Cert curriculum

The way the media spinner the Ballymurphy massacre enquiry - all about how the victims were exonerated, nothing about justice for them

Regarding, Jackson, any link from his Late Late show appearance?

I remember Pat Kenny having him on Newstalk as a military advisor though, you would wonder does Kenny feel he has any integrity not bringing up Bloody Sunday with him, no doubt he refused to read out texts stating the same

All very sickening indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wonder did that critical period coincide with his a time at the Sunday Independent. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't really believe what he wrote, that he was pandering to the editor and the readership.
    He seemed to get on very well with Martin McGuinness when he had him on his radio show in later years.

Not so long ago Fine Gael were trying to remove History from the Junior Cert curriculum

The way the media spinner the Ballymurphy massacre enquiry - all about how the victims were exonerated, nothing about justice for them

Regarding, Jackson, any link from his Late Late show appearance?

I remember Pat Kenny having him on Newstalk as a military advisor though, you would wonder does Kenny feel he has any integrity not bringing up Bloody Sunday with him, no doubt he refused to read out texts stating the same

All very sickening indeed

Gen Jackson...the British Army wouldn't do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5zVKMAzTzo

I wonder did that critical period coincide with his a time at the Sunday Independent. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't really believe what he wrote, that he was pandering to the editor and the readership.
    He seemed to get on very well with Martin McGuinness when he had him on his radio show in later years.
    Obv he had changed when it came to this interview.
    Intriguing interview, Mitchell lost the run of himself in it and all through the campaign. He totally failed to sell himself as presidential. He peeved and he riled and irritated as if shouting down McGuinness would pave the path to the Aras. Obv very badly advised and showed he was totally out of touch with the politics of the election and the time. Mitchell was the one that wanted to live in the past but was purveying himself as not. The end result was he got ½ McGuinness’s vote. He left the political stage after it as it was such a shock to him that he was so totally out of touch. Michael McDowell, once referred to him as "the evil of two lessers".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1GtXhZQGSQ

I recall being asked by a FG canvassing team for a general election to continue my preference to a former WP candidate that had association with a not so salubrious past. When I questioned it they told me the orders came from Mount st.

I recall being asked by a FG canvassing team for a general election to continue my preference to a former WP candidate that had association with a not so salubrious past. When I questioned it they told me the orders came from Mount st.

So a FG head asked you to give a 3rd preference to a Gilmore, Rabbitte, De Rossa style figure? Nothing unusual about that at all. Most FG people vote FG one and two, and then three to Labour. That's being going on since the 80's.

A FG and Labour government is the optimal one we can vote for in this country.

So a FG head asked you to give a 3rd preference to a Gilmore, Rabbitte, De Rossa style figure? Nothing unusual about that at all. Most FG people vote FG one and two, and then three to Labour. That's being going on since the 80's.

A FG and Labour government is the optimal one we can vote for in this country.
    This candidate was associated with a shooting which a person died and a criminal trial followed which fell due to a technicality. I got confused and had to take my bearings after all this "was a law and order" party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

This candidate was associated with a shooting which a person died and a criminal trial followed which fell due to a technicality. I got confused and had to take my bearings after all this "was a law and order" party.
    Think that it might have been the spouse of the candidate rather than the candidate.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    Think that it might have been the spouse of the candidate rather than the candidate.

Regards...jmcc

A flame haired woman?

• Advertisement

Odd that this has turned into a discussion of the Official IRA/WP . Harris abandoned all connections with this cabal’s remnants 20 odd years ago (and the feelings were deeply mutual). Hence, as I said at the beginning, Harris has no real defenders I.e. people who are not the kiss of death like RDE or K Myers.

If Harris feels sore that his Loyalist buddies pretend not to know him now in his hour of need, that is nothing compared to their treatment of their erstwhile leader Arlene Foster. Is it coincidence that her defenestration preceded her judicial vindication this week? Anyone who had a heart should feel sympathy for her and revulsion at the “celebrity doctor” but I sense that neither the Loyalists nor the Sisterhood are rallying around her now. In fact the DUP plotters may have plunged their knives into her so suddenly because they didn’t want her to gain the aura of a woman wronged. I’m speculating but it would be just another example of the snake pit that passes for public life in this country.

Advertisement