Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Why are people trying to make this about Aoife Grace Moore instead of what it's actually about?

:confused::confused::confused:

Because there is a certain cohort on this forum who believe women are vindictive and evil bastards.

Straight away we have someone who makes a statement and the first thing some people think is she’s lying or looking for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

wharrabout sinn fein?

You've lost hard here Paddy,

I can't stand the shinners myself and will never vote for them - but it always has to be a "sides" thing with shills/trolls like yourself.

Pathetic stuff, as expected.

Just lifting the slate and shining a light on hypocrisy below Tacitus.

It's silly stuff this online accounts. Personally I think all boards users should have to submit proof of ID before posting.

As if they have anything to do with the story as a whole, yet you can't go a single post without mentioning her.

She must be an awful threat to the masculinity of the likes of yourself and the pintman et al.

If only she would pipe down and get back in the kitchen eh, these wimmin, making trouble.

I haven't said anything about her. You have me pegged wrong if you think I'm in the angry men cohort.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

It's a very sad way for his career to end, although I wasn't a fan of his journalism. It's a pity it was done so publicly, he is nearly 80 and has had bad health.

Maybe so but I saw him out walking a week or so ago - he looked grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,126 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You'd have to ask where all the high moral grounders are now that somebody has been caught with 9 trolling accounts on Twitter.

A wet week ago the apocalypse was imminent because the world had gone to hell in a social media abuse handcart.

But silence out there on this and all we are hearing is excuse making and look over there'isms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

As if they have anything to do with the story as a whole, yet you can't go a single post without mentioning her.

She must be an awful threat to the masculinity of the likes of yourself and the pintman et al.

If only she would pipe down and get back in the kitchen eh, these wimmin, making trouble.
    You see that is typical you are implying the 'modern buzzword' toxic masculinity,
    Whereas I have read the actual tweets and I am merely giving my take on them.

Moore is playing up to your 'demographic' is my view. And if you post the actual tweets Harris said and compare and dissect them in context v what Moore herself said in the conflated tweet it stands out.

Are you willing to do that?

What you are supposed to do on boards.ie is attack the post and not the poster?
    Yet you are suddenly going on about 'threats to masculinity' :eek:

I have merely looked at Moore's words in her tweet as posted by another poster and looked at the actual 'Harris' tweets in question themselves.

There does seem to be some disparity there, regardless of the gender of the two individuals involved. I believe first and foremost both are journalists playing an 'online game'.

And Moore has played it far better than Harris - simple as that.

True I am a cynic by nature. But I can see what is going on it is all very boards.ie-esque. In my opinion. Certain patterns reoccur regarding agendas, image, emotional manipulation, sarcasm etc etc etc.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

I can’t put my finger on it but there is something so “off” about a man pretending to be a woman on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I haven't said anything about her. You have me pegged wrong if you think I'm in the angry men cohort.

Indeed I do, lost the run there on that assertion, there's just so many about sometimes it's easy to get mixed up. Apologies for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

552533.jpg

Any of ye remember the time Gerry forgot to switch accounts when replying to himself??

Glass houses and all that.[/QUOT

Gerry been having convos with himself for years....back when he was consulting the army council

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭archfi

It's silly stuff this online accounts. Personally I think all boards users should have to submit proof of ID before posting.
    Sure that happens when voting, but for some, the illegal actvity of voting more than once is seen as a bit of fun.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

You'd have to ask where all the high moral grounders are now that somebody has been caught with 9 trolling accounts on Twitter.

A wet week ago the apocalypse was imminent because the world had gone to hell in a social media abuse handcart.

But silence out there on this and all we are hearing is excuse making and look over there'isms

Maybe because Harris isn't a political figure. He's an old and frankly loopy, journalist, and one-time Sinn Fein member.

Why would 'the usuals' be on here defending him?

Anyway, he set up a fake account to do a bit of trolling, hardly the crime of the century. I just posted evidence that your former party leader was at the same craic.

It's hardly as bad as the stuff Dowdall and the lads get up to?

archfi wrote: »
    Sure that happens when voting, but for some, the illegal actvity of voting more than once is seen as a bit of fun.

If someone has two homes and is party of two seperate communities it's not really a big deal. Different constituencies so its not at the expense of anyone.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You see that is tyical you are implying the 'modern buzzword' toxic masculinity,
    Whereas I have read the actual tweets and I am merely giving my take on them.

Moore is playing up to your 'demographic' is my view. And if you post the actual tweets Harris said and compare and discect them in context v what Moore herself said in the conflated tweet it stands out.

Are you willing to do that?

What you are supposed to do on boards.ie is attack the post and not the poster?
    Yet you are suddenly going on about 'threats to masculinity' :eek:

I have merely looked at Moore's words in her tweet as posted by another poster and looked at the actual 'Harris' tweets in question themselves.

There does seem to be some disparity there, regardless of the gender of the two individuals involved. I believe first and foremost both are journalists playing an 'online game'.

And Moore has played it far better than Harris - simple as that.

True I am a cynic by nature. But I can see what is going on it is all very boards.ie-esque. In my opinion. Certain patterns reoccur regarding agendas, image, emotional manipulation, sarcasm etc etc etc.

You seem to have pinpointed tweets that she has to be talking about. How do you know those are the exact tweets?

Even if they are, the mental gymnastics you play to try and downplay what she's had to go through is astounding. To say she has needed counselling so she can 'play the game' and go on Dancing With The Stars.

Honestly. Cop on, like. It's an absolutely batsh*t take and you're the only one who is trying so hard to dismiss what she said.

She's called a terrorist for the simple reason that she's from Derry and she writes columns about how the government are completely out of touch with what it's like to live in the North.

Dismiss, deny, deflect, distract. It's the same ol' bullsh*t where some people just can't accept the notion that some men are absolute animals in the way they treat women.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bambi wrote: »
    552533.jpg

Any of ye remember the time Gerry forgot to switch accounts when replying to himself??

Glass houses and all that.

Gerry been having convos with himself for years....back when he was consulting the army council

And there was the 'Teddy Bear' stuff etc which was very odd.

We can now conclude what many have suspected for many a year that some hardline SF activists and anti hardline SF activists have been playing a seedy murky online game in the shadows. Which is all designed to further their own 'cause' and disparage the other.

Ironically Harris who 'masked' himself while in his view fighting 'masked men' got caught by the law.
    Harris is now metaphorically on the lamb. Irony not lost on me.

My cynicism levels could not be much higher now.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

If someone has two homes and is party of two seperate communities it's not really a big deal. Different constituencies so its not at the expense of anyone.
    It is illegal, fraudulent and anti-democratic.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

Hurrache wrote: »
    Simple solution is that people stop **** posting.

Neither, I'm talking about posts and tweets like that dopey one talking about real rugby and tag rugby, implying women who receive certain comments need to get over it and become a man about it.

"Dopey" "Incel"? Wow, sounds like abuse to me. Mods!! Get in here!!! I shouldn't be subjected to this! I'm so sorry this happened to me!

Oh no wait, I got on a public forum and spouted my opinions to the whole world, and then someone turned up and had a go at me. Attacked not just my post but my character.

What gives you the right to do this Hurrache, and not Eoghan Harris, even if he's using an anonymous account? You are too right? Or are you called Joe Aloysius Hurrache?

My point is this, if you get up in a park and start ranting, someone may tell you " Shut up you tit". Now if you are too fragile to handle that type of abuse don't put yourself in the public square. Journalism most certainly is not the profession for you.

Nothing of what Harris said was a direct threat to the journalist, kinda stupid and base yes but no worse than has been thrown around this very discussion thread.

If us civilians can be name called, called out, derided etc on this very thread and can just, you know, not curl up into a ball and die, then surely a professional journalist should be able to do the same on a public platform she freely chooses to broadcast from.

Describing this whole incident as harrassment and abuse is ridiculous, he's not pushing dogsh%t through her front door.

Pulling the woman card is just the cherry on top - embarrassing

It’s a victimless crime.

Maybe because Harris isn't a political figure. He's an old and frankly loopy, journalist, and one-time Sinn Fein member.

Why would 'the usuals' be on here defending him?

Anyway, he set up a fake account to do a bit of trolling, hardly the crime of the century. I just posted evidence that your former party leader was at the same craic.

It's hardly as bad as the stuff Dowdall and the lads get up to?

More look over there.

There is a difference between having two accounts and being a misogynistic, defamatory troll.
    If Adams was using anonymous accounts to do the above he is liable to the same criticism and a thread of his own on that topic.

You could compare what Harris was doing to anything you wish, that does not diminish what he was doing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Kumejima wrote: »
    "Dopey" "Incel"? Wow, sounds like abuse to me. Mods!! Get in here!!! I shouldn't be subjected to this! I'm so sorry this happened to me!

Oh no wait, I got on a public forum and spouted my opinions to the whole world, and then someone turned up and had a go at me. Attacked not just my post but my character.

What gives you the right to do this Hurrache, and not Eoghan Harris, even if he's using an anonymous account? You are too right? Or are you called Joe Aloysius Hurrache?

My point is this, if you get up in a park and start ranting, someone may tell you " Shut up you tit". Now if you are too fragile to handle that type of abuse don't put yourself in the public square. Journalism most certainly is not the profession for you.

Nothing of what Harris said was a direct threat to the journalist, kinda stupid and base yes but no worse than has been thrown around this very discussion thread.

If us civilians can be name called, called out, derided etc on this very thread and can just, you know, not curl up into a ball and die, then surely a professional journalist should be able to do the same on a public platform she freely chooses to broadcast from.

Describing this whole incident as harrassment and abuse is ridiculous, he's not pushing dogsh%t through her front door.

Pulling the woman card is just the cherry on top - embarrassing

You have access to this fake account's PMs?

Has there been any more on that Twitter account being run by a 'collective' of media heads?
    I've heard the reports of 8 other anon-but-really-public-figures accounts being linked to it

• Advertisement

More look over there.

There is a difference between having two accounts and being a misogynistic, defamatory troll.
    If Adams was using anonymous accounts to do the above he is liable to the same criticism and a thread of his own on that topic.

You could compare what Harris was doing to anything you wish, that does not diminish what he was doing though.

I hold elected political leaders to a higher standard than hack journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What, now??? :confused:

Has there been any more on that Twitter account being run by a 'collective' of media heads?
    I've heard the reports of 8 other anon-but-really-public-figures accounts being linked to it

No. And INM will not be actively investigating it. Nothing more to see really. It's all a bit of blah.The scalp has be had so that is the end I believe.

It’s up to you to prove yourself right, mate, not someone else to prove you wrong. Rule number 1 in civil discourse.

I saw a few tweets saying the accounts were accessed by more than one person. And calling on INM to reveal who they were. Don't know where the info is coming from though.

I hold elected political leaders to a higher standard than hack journalists.

So you can show us his second account trolling and defaming people then?

The funniest thing about this is that Twitter is an absolute cesspit of humanity, and you really need your head examined if you see it as part of civic discourse. Harris had a weekly column where he managed to annoy both Shinners and Blueshirts and he blew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Kumejima wrote: »

What on earth are you on about? Are you so touchy that you're reading, and actually putting in quotes, words that I never posted?

Maybe you just don't understand what quotes are for.

Simpler explanation is your lack of basic comprehension given you also think I called you dopey. As for the rest of your post, bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

No, and neither would she, unless she deliberately clicked into them?! Oh my God, if only there was a way for her not to do that?

Cyberbullying is literally the only type of bullying where you have to, with full agency, collaborate in your own bullying otherwise its completely impotent.

• Advertisement

The funniest thing about this is that Twitter is an absolute cesspit of humanity, and you really need your head examined if you see it as part of civic discourse. Harris had a weekly column where he managed to annoy both Shinners and Blueshirts and he blew it.

Harris was laughed at as a journalist mostly.
    His 'spirited' intervention in the last election on behalf of Micheál did for SF what a Paisley rant used to do, I would imagine.
    Now he faces two legal cases with probably more to come...popcorn time as journalism in Ireland scampers to cover their traces. Is it too late though.

Advertisement