Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brain Bleeds, Tragic Deaths, and Mental Elfs-The Late Late Show Friday 7th May 2021

1235»

Comments

One of us is outed :D

Another Boardsie went on Liveline about a month or so back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Like Tommy Tiernan leaving Craggy Island on the bus. :D

Tubs is basically the living embodiment of the Radiohead song that just came on the radio.

He's certainly a Creep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

CH3OH wrote: »
    15 pages. That must be the lowest thread post count ever.

The show died a long time ago, the thread is slowly following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I suspect that boards is also dying a bit when it comes to live events coverage. Twitter is a riot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Re: the misery on the LLS, I think to be fair that this is aimed at who the target audience now is.

An older generation still burdened with catholic guilt, and who will just watch what they are given. I'm sure many probably enjoy the misery.

The RTE drive to be less negative didn't last long. The LLS was more positive for maybe 1 or 2 shows, before returning to the norm.
    So many of their radio shows too, littered with misery, cancer, death. They can't help themselves.

I would agree that the LLS doesn't have a large section of younger viewers, and it really has no future as a show outside of continuing whats its currently doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Wow, this thread only 13 pages, must say something when posters around here can't be arsed to hatewatch this anymore.

It certainly does. I've realized I seem to just complely forget about the LLS recenly and only tuned in on rteplayer today to watch the Sharon Stone interview.
    The stream only cut out 7 or 8 times which is pretty good by RTE player standards, I though my pacience would run out before the end but not this time.

On Stone, I've always been a fan and a bit disapponted she's now a hollywood 'activist', but she's not the worst. She actaully seems really nice, and genuine.

I really hate all that charity stuff. Of course they are all 'good' causes, but you know, it's all just extreme virtue signalling when the LLS does it. Makes me want to puke, it really does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Here's a treat... I'm de randy menopausal bint dat got through :D

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/share/radio1/21949764

Hey Cat, just listened back :)

That springing sound you heard was the sound of Joe getting a ‘pants tent’ when Sally-Anne mentioned suicide.

Also strange to hear a snippet of ‘The Waltons’ theme tune just before the end... Ray now pressing the wrong buttons DURING Liveline :D

Advertisement