Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen of the Downs Golf course planting

Options
  • 07-05-2021 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I could see half the course has been enclosed by deer fencing and what look like 100s of saplings planted. Does anyone know if its been taken back by Coillte or whats the status of the former golf club.

Be amazing if its kept for recreational and wilded again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Privately owned land - always was - so I would say the owner is diversifying and trying to earn some money from the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

sumo12 wrote: »
    Privately owned land - always was - so I would say the owner is diversifying and trying to earn some money from the land.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Cluster wrote: »

Interesting article, I always believed the course (land) was totally seperate to the club. Club were leasing the land from the owner. Club went bust, end of story. Didn't realise there was loans attached to the land as well. Must have been resolved somehow, that IT article is from 2017

There's also plans to run an access road through there from Delgany to the N11 too, not sure which way it was being routed, it's been years since I saw the sketches of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Interesting article, I always believed the course (land) was totally seperate to the club. Club were leasing the land from the owner. Club went bust, end of story. Didn't realise there was loans attached to the land as well. Must have been resolved somehow, that IT article is from 2017

There's also plans to run an access road through there from Delgany to the N11 too, not sure which way it was being routed, it's been years since I saw the sketches of it...

actually from the north end of Greystones but there's no exact route, just a vague line on the development plan, starting opposite Redford Cemetery, and connecting to the junction at the Glenview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

The club never went bust, but the loans on the land went into trouble and were repossessed, that is why the club disappeared.

jarrieta wrote: »
    The club never went bust, but the loans on the land went into trouble and were repossessed, that is why the club disappeared.

Disagree on that one I'm afraid. The club ceased as a going concern.

Advertisement