Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mesh system. Tenda or TP link

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

grand, I suppose it was more so based on the comment by babel earlier.

now my tv scenario of sky q or sky mini has not been installed yet. Maybe when this comes, it may need the pure sky WiFi in order to work properly….,his comment may be based on this

babel comment;

“Did you use Bridge mode when you were with Eir? Sky don't support Bridge mode, so in this case you would need to reconfigure your Tenda APs in Access Point mode. If you are already in Access Point Mode, then you can probably just switch of the Sky WiFi.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Based on this screenshot , I am almost sure it is Access Point Mode ( only Tenda calls it Bridge Mode).

When other posters were saying “Bridge Mode” , they’ve meant mode for Customer Provided Equipment ( ie CPE like Sky Hub , Vodafone Hub , Eir Modem/Router etc) not the mode for the Tenda.

Biggest trouble when you buying network equipment from not popular brands is that you would have very little support from the community as not many experienced users would go for Tenda in the first place and basically you are on your own .

Advertisement