Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon remove Phillips TV skill

Options
  • 07-05-2021 10:50am

Anyone else have a Philips Android TV working with Alexa. A few weeks ago Alexa stopped recognizing my TV. I discovered that the Philips TV skill have been removed by Amazon due to graphical restrictions.
    TV is clearly advertised as Alexa compatible and only 5 months old. Have raised a case with Philips who knew nothing about it, so I forwarded on the email Amazon sent me. Philips are investigating the problem.
    Anyone else impacted by this or know of a workaround?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Anyone else have a Philips Android TV working with Alexa. A few weeks ago Alexa stopped recognizing my TV. I discovered that the Philips TV skill have been removed by Amazon due to graphical restrictions.
    TV is clearly advertised as Alexa compatible and only 5 months old. Have raised a case with Philips who knew nothing about it, so I forwarded on the email Amazon sent me. Philips are investigating the problem.
    Anyone else impacted by this or know of a workaround?

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. Just came across it now.

Exact same happened me, Philips 58PUS7855, could control the TV with my echo show and all of a sudden stopped working. Tried getting it working again the other day to no avail.

Have you found a solution?

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread. Just came across it now.

Exact same happened me, Philips 58PUS7855, could control the TV with my echo show and all of a sudden stopped working. Tried getting it working again the other day to no avail.

Have you found a solution?

I raised a case with Philips and after a month long investigation, they emailed to say it was outside their control and there is nothing they could do about it. I logged another case which they closed saying that I would have to contact the retailer as my contract of sale was with them. As you can imagine I gave their customer service a raving review.
    In parallel I raised a complaint with Amazon UK. They fobbed me off saying it was due to Geographical Restrictions. After several dozen more conversations with Amazon customer service, one of them gave me the email address of the director of digital marketing. I sent her a long email describing the issue and included links to several Philips TVs on Amazon which state they are Alexa compatible and are available for sale to the Irish market.
    About an hour later (it was a Sunday), I got a very apologetic email from Tech Support Executive Customer Relations who had been tasked with addressing the matter. That was 2 weeks ago and to be fair to him, he has emailed me a few times saying he is still investigating the matter and as soon as he has an update he will contact me. So I wait patiently now.
    I did highlight that at the moment Alexa controls much of my home and I paid €800 for a TV that would integrate with my home automation. I then went on to say that Google Home has no issue and can control all functions of my TV. So in the event this cannot be fixed, I would like all my Amazon devices returned for a full refund so that I can switch over to Google Home instead.
    If they look at my Amazon account, they will see everything I have purchased not to mention my compulsive Amazon shopping habit.

Just to update. After 3 months of chasing up, the Philips Smart TV skill is now available on Amazon for Irish customers. It's now working fine on my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Cnuts.

Advertisement