Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 35 Match Day thread - triple threat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

dahat wrote: »
    Reckon he’ll be in my team from the start next year once priced correctly.

Strange lad to watch. Runs his heart out, gets in good positions and happy to set up his team mates but when his eyes are on goal he may as well have his boots laced together. He could be a great asset next season - but I dont think they'll be long in replacing him if he has another season like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Markx wrote: »
    Ok 5 for pen save, the literal save itself save making 3 total for a save point, didn't lose the point for conceding 2 and 3 bonus.

huh? He only conceded one goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

eggy81 wrote: »
    Zaha rotted me watching him stroll about there today. No mount another sickener. Double game weeks have been torture this season

I nearly brought him in as a punt on a free hit but from reading the thread Im glad I didnt. A rival wildcarded him in so he's stuck with him now. He is such a frustrating player, I thought he would kick on this season and earn himself a move back to a top 6 club but half the time he looks like he just isnt that bothered. Given the talent he has he has actually wasted his career, he seems to have a bit of an attitude problem too meaning top clubs would be wary of buying him.

Just looking at my bench, Mendy, Dallas and Ward sitting on it with 21 points :( Sold Jota as well and Ive a feeling he might haul v Southampton. He is due something if he can get his finishing right, he should have had 2 or 3 goals from his last couple of outings

dahat wrote: »
    Reckon he’ll be in my team from the start next year once priced correctly.

What's a correct price for him though?
    Will be interesting to see what Sterling, PEA, Mane, Bobby are priced at next season - I don't think any of them lived up to their worth this season.

On the other side of the coin, Son will probably 10.5/11m
    Gundogan 8.5
    Dallas 6/6.5 - if he's even a defender
    Bamford/Watkins/DCL/Wilson - all around 8m

Be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    huh? He only conceded one goal.

Yeah but if Aguero scored the penalty he would have conceded 2 goals and therefore a point taken off him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Most goals in the Premier League with a single club has a certain aura about it considering all the big names who have played in the league.

I'm a stats nerd though so I'm biased I suppose.

Most goals for a single club ok. Even most top flight goals. Stats exclusive to the premier league aren’t significant to me. I know others see it differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Sold Son who scored.
    Sold Dallas who scored for Kabak who doesn't start.
    Bought Mitchell as only had 3.9m but not ballsy to play him. So he's on my bench.
    Dreadful start to the week.

Captained Salah too so I'll apologise to other Salah captainers in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

What's a correct price for him though?
    Will be interesting to see what Sterling, PEA, Mane, Bobby are priced at next season - I don't think any of them lived up to their worth this season.

On the other side of the coin, Son will probably 10.5/11m
    Gundogan 8.5
    Dallas 6/6.5 - if he's even a defender
    Bamford/Watkins/DCL/Wilson - all around 8m

Be interesting

Can we finish this season off first?:D

patmac wrote: »
    Can we finish this season off first?:D

Reading some comments on here - seems lost have already given up on this season:pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Reading some comments on here - seems lost have already given up on this season:pac::pac::D

Been a really tough season with games called off last minute, players out with COVID last minute etc. Wasn't there even a DGW announced after the deadline? Or a Fulham Spurs game announced to play within the GW after the deadline had passed too?

A bit of football fatigue too with the staggered kick offs every day.

• Advertisement

Salah shot saved by Forester - good save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jota had a great chance, poor finish

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Sold Jota as well and Ive a feeling he might haul v Southampton. He is due something if he can get his finishing right, he should have had 2 or 3 goals from his last couple of outings

He had a good chance to score there but hit it straight at Forster.

Jota & Salah shots saved by Forster.

Gini off the crossbar from Trent corner.

Wjnaldum hits the crossbar from a corner. Would have been TAA assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Must be 3 or 4 chances created by Trent already

Alisson good save to deny Adams.

Mané (Salah)

Apologies to Chuck Noland for being very against him transferring in Mane :o

Salah tries to walk the ball into net, instead of taking shot when had chance

• Advertisement

He had a good chance to score there but hit it straight at Forster.

yeah he seems to being getting in good positions lately but his finishing is letting him down. Hoping that changes as I intend owning him for the rest of the season as Pools fixtures are good

Does anyone think that only 5 points for a penalty save is really miserly? Penaly saves are fairly rare, maybe one in 7 or 8 at a guess. A midfielder gets 5 points for scoring, seems harsh that a keeper only gets the same for saving a pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Does anyone think that only 5 points for a penalty save is really miserly? Penaly saves are fairly rare, maybe one in 7 or 8 at a guess. A midfielder gets 5 points for scoring, seems harsh that a keeper only gets the same for saving a pen.

Save points, clean sheet points, presume penalty save goes towards both and possibly bonus so fair enough overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If a keeper does get a pen save they are normally a shoe in for at least 2 bonus maybe 3. I think it alright, I remember I got one pen save from Martinez delighted I was!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just for today - yes. :P

If a keeper does get a pen save they are normally a shoe in for at least 2 bonus maybe 3. I think it alright, I remember I got one pen save from Martinez delighted I was!

Between 60 and 63 mins he was down as far as one, and if City had scored again then wouldn't have got any, so there is more to him getting 3bps than just saving the penalty by the end of the game. The city defenders all fell back when Ziyech scored, and then fell back even more when Alonso scored

Nat Phillips has got his head on two decent crosses in this game, could be a goal in him before the season is out.

Dismal second half performance from Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dismal second half performance from Pool.

Smacks of their usual 1-1 game. Yet to be realised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Another late late equaliser coming

dsmythy wrote: »
    Smacks of their usual 1-1 game. Yet to be realised.

I'm going to go with 88 mins this week.

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'm going to go with 88 mins this week.

Shades of km79 trying to guess when Ben Foster would concede in seasons gone by haha.

Alisson nearly gifting Saints a goal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Alisson beating the system, passing to Southampton attackers to get more save points.

Jota off, Firmino on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

munster87 wrote: »
    Alisson beating the system, passing to Southampton attackers to get more save points.

Firmino will start the second game I’d say. Although Jota seems to get more points as a sub so mightn’t be bad for owners.

Mané (Robbo) ruled out for offside.

Nat Phillips has got his head on two decent crosses in this game, could be a goal in him before the season is out.

Good sign for him starting the next game?

I will take the 6 points anyway.

Mané (Robbo) ruled out for offside.

being caught offside knocks him down to 2bps, and Allison on for 3bps now.

being caught offside knocks him down to 2bps, and Allison on for 3bps now.

And TAA fighting it out with Rhys Williams for the last bonus.

• Advertisement

Salah off for Oxlade-Chamberlain.

And TAA fighting it out with Rhys Williams for the last bonus.

And out of nowhere Mane jumps up 6bps to be on for 3 :confused::confused:

Thiago (Firmino)

Liverpool 2-0 win full-time.

Very close between Thiago, Williams & Trent for the 1 BPS

Fitz* wrote: »
    Very close between Thiago, Williams & Trent for the 1 BPS

Trent went on a little jaunt up the pitch there right at the end and was tackled. That's probably going to cost him a bonus point now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Brought in PVA 2 weeks ago - He was dropped as soon as I brought him in
    Brought in Philips, Sanchez(TOT) and Forster on wildcard 2 weeks before that - All 3 got dropped/injured as soon as I brought them in

All 3 players were being picked all the time before I brought them in and then as soon as I bring them in, they disappear.

Since GW 27, every player I have brought in has either lost form or been dropped from their team altogether. Everything is just gone to ****e

Philips first sub. Really hope PVA doesnt play the second game

Trent went on a little jaunt up the pitch there right at the end and was tackled. That's probably going to cost him a bonus point now.

TAA got a bp in the end thankfully, sharing one with Thiago and Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Rollercoaster of emotions particularly with Mendy conceding and almost immediately saving the penalty after it. Terrible penalty but the save has really helped me.
    On the other hand seeing Marcos Alonso score after I sold him after weeks of being benched and one clean sheet hurt!! Mount not being in the squad disappointing, wonder is he injured. Phillips clean sheet very welcome and useful when I don't have TAA, reduces any impact of his points.

Decent enough day, on 35 from 7 with 20 potentially to go.

Maddison has been a really disappointing transfer. Got him soon after he started games again after injury. Each week I was thinking this is week. And he has done nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement