Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5g Mobile Dongle

Options
  • 07-05-2021 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering, is it possible to get a 5g mobile dongle anywhere in Ireland? I can only see 4g ones offered?

If not would it be possible to buy a 5g sim card and buy a dongle separately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Theres only one main brand option.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/E6878-370-Portable-1-65Gbps-8000mAh-Chipset/dp/B084KCWTSG

Its £400. You probably only need a 4G device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Thanks. Was looking for a way of live streaming HD footage without wifi. Guess I'll have to look into another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

4G is generally plenty for HD though? 5G is better if you’re very close to a mast but typical usage wouldn’t notice much difference. Now that 5G is bedding in more I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the operators came out with a 5G modem option in the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

4G is absolutely plenty for one stream. Its plenty for 10 in many places.

Advertisement