Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys Online Booking System

Options
  • 07-05-2021 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any luck with booking a Slot to Shop?! Apparently I've a day's wait ahead of me to book a slot! A DAY'S WAIT! A DAY!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Apparently in 10 minutes my Estimated Waiting Time has changed from a Day, to 9 Hours!

2 more minutes later it has changed to 10 Hours! It has gone up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Had waited from over an hour long queue, watching it over 2 - 3 hours ticking down the minutes bit by bit, finally got to 2 minutes only for it to say I'm in a (undefined) queue again. It looked like I was back to the start again but I just let it be.

I was wondering if the booking system was overloaded or broken but eventually, after a good few minutes more, the booking screen popped up and I managed to book an appointment for my daughter at the nearest Penny's .

It takes patience but you should get there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Such a great marketing campaign .... I’m flabbergasted that there are people willing to wait inline / online for hours to buy disposal clothing !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Desperate to go to Penney’s… people have zero self-respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Booked mine this morning about 20 mins, my friend got hers in less than 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It shouldn't be a surprise that there were long queues for this. It was inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I can't understand the hours upon hours people spent trying to book a slot. They'll be open properly soon anyway. And the quality of Tesco and Dunnes is far better for just a bit more. Pennys is no where near as cheap as it used to be. I'm probably just bitter because nothing in Pennys will fit me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

whippet wrote: »
    Such a great marketing campaign .... I’m flabbergasted that there are people willing to wait inline / online for hours to buy disposal clothing !

Gob****es at times us Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Scandalous OP. Get in touch with your local TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Scandalous OP. Get in touch with your local TD.

VG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Gob****es at times us Irish

I still have a stash of pasta and toilet roll, a year later and I'm not through it...

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

That's awful. Hopefully the Vietnamese children on 3p an hour won't lose their jobs over this. They'd be lost if Primark unshackled them from their sewing machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

People are booking just for the sake of it. They should charge 1 Euro to book a slot or something to deter people from hoarding up the slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Lmkrnr wrote: »
    People are booking just for the sake of it. They should charge 1 Euro to book a slot or something to deter people from hoarding up the slots.
    Definitely, it is literally open on Monday as normal.
    I don't think it was possible/easy to book multiple slots, unless multiple devices and browsers on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I got a slot in my local one Wednesday evening, lots of husband and wives couples going around it when I got there.. don’t know how they did it, got two slots.... also a good few mammies and there ‘U12s’ there. I’ve seen younger U12s on the u18 football team.
    Relaxed enough seemingly when you get there.

I was more curious about the husbands, my husband would laugh at me if I asked him to come to pennies with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Penney’s…

:D

Advertisement