Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WordPress Frontend updatable forms?

• 07-05-2021 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I am looking for recommendations where a user can submit forms and edit them at a later date. Rather than a form that goes to email I am looking for something that is stored in the database linked to the user who submitted it and available for that same user or to the site admin to edit.

For this usecase the user might do daily or weekly check ins on training, sleep, food intake etc which they could edit at anytime over the course of the week. Admin might add comments..

In an ideal world there would be an option for admin to filter the forms by date, user type or some attribute in the backend.

Client willing to pay recurring fees for the right option so not necessarily looking for a free plugin.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

A lot of the WordPress forms plugins also store to the database. Check out Gravity Forms, Ninja, WPForms and I think CF7 might also. Forminator has some cool features too (sending a regular report with CSV of latest submissions.

There's definitely an option out there that will do what you need, it's a question of going through the specs and testing. Look for options that allow multi-step (or multi-page) forms as these definitely store to database.

It sounds like you may need some kind of membership plugin, if you want a user to be able to come back later to edit. I know Gravity Forms has an option that I think relies on cookies but again testing.

HTH.

Advertisement