Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil service career break resumption

Options
  • 07-05-2021 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi ...currently on career break and mailed about resuming duties to get a v short mail back saying no cant approve at this point in time...zero other info...I've requested reasons..I know you can be waiting up to 12months but I know there's vacancies in department I was originally in...anyone had same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

I was in similar position. Contacted people point. Heard nothing. Rang them again and they said they'd contacted the dept. This was going on about 5 months. Got the union involved. They put me in touch with HR and I was back within a month. I'd say contact the union and they'll get the ball rolling for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭newstarts

Warpock wrote: »
    Hi,

I was in similar position. Contacted people point. Heard nothing. Rang them again and they said they'd contacted the dept. This was going on about 5 months. Got the union involved. They put me in touch with HR and I was back within a month. I'd say contact the union and they'll get the ball rolling for you.

Its hr that I'm dealing with didnt even bother with PP..they have just said they reviewed application went through budgets head count and they cbt approve it at this time..I asked was the vacancy put on the PAS redeployment panel but no reply as of yet.....next stop union thank you

Advertisement