Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning

• 08-05-2021 2:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

I got a week ban and although the week is nearly up I believe the ban was undeserved and handed out by a mod with an agenda who did not even have the decency to reply to my post.

My post that got me the "ban" was this innocuous comment

"I dont the same women are complaining."

My comment was in response to a person saying women love to show off and a comment saying the women love to complain.

I left out the word "think", so it should have read "I dont think the same women are complaining", otherwise my post makes zero sense.
    I was defending the women not criticizing them.

I mentioned this to the mod who then did not even have the decency to even reply. No surprise, This is not the first time I got what i believe is an undeserved ban and when I go to appeal I am banned and unable to appeal.

Here is a screenshot of what the mod sent me
    I am appealing because the next time some petty excuse is used, they will cite this undeserved ban to make it longer.

I dont know if i am appealing in the right section seeing as I am banned from the current affairs, I have no idea what prefix to use.

Screenshot-2021-05-08-at-02-33-01-boards-ie-You-have-been-banned.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Good morning Justin Credible Darts,

According to the screenshotted PM above, you were banned because you posted in a thread you had already been threadbanned from - the content of what you posted would have been immaterial in this case.

Can you confirm that with the banning mod, and for your own edification before continuing here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Tokyo wrote: »
    Good morning Justin Credible Darts,

According to the screenshotted PM above, you were banned because you posted in a thread you had already been threadbanned from - the content of what you posted would have been immaterial in this case.

Can you confirm that with the banning mod, and for your own edification before continuing here?

Putting aside the point the mod did not have the decency to reply to my query, and tell me this, I am just back after being banned for months for what i also intended to appeal but was not given the opportunity....because i was banned.

seems a vendetta by certain mods.

Put yourself in my shoes, I am banned for months, come backto start again... unaware I am banned from said thread, after months away, it was hardly the top of my agenda to remember what threads I posted in since i posted in so many.

I make my first post in months to get banned again.
    Had I known I was thread banned, I was hardly going to make a post and risk getting banned again am I ?

The ban is up in 2 days, but thats not the issue.
    What is there to stop this happening again, what is to stop another mod claiming I am banned from another thread and banning me again, a ridiculous set up., with zero leniency by certain mods.

If someone is thread banned, why not make those threads off limits, otherwise the same mistake will happen again and to others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Justin

I will look at this for you. Step 1 is that you engage with the mod to attempt to come to an agreement. I understand you attempted this so please send me or post here the pm exchange with the mod.

you got the pm he sent me

here is the one i sent back that got no reply. As you will gather, I was unaware of the thread ban after being away for months, and only realized and spotted it in the pm when it was pointed out in the post above

Screenshot-2021-05-08-at-08-38-51-boards-ie-Re-You-have-been-banned.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Justin

My comments are below;

Your claims of a vendetta are frankly ridiculous and I assume you do not even believe them yourself. You have an abysmal record on the site across multiple unrelated forums and at least 18 different mods. So you can drop that angle the next time you're here.
    The reason you are the mod radar is because of this abysmal record and yes we are monitoring your posts more than we would a normal user.

Secondly, your appeal is disingenuous. You were aware that it was violating a thread ban as it was outlined to you clearly in the communication from the mod. You are a smart guy. Pretending to misunderstand insults both of us.

I am, however, willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here given that your thread ban was nearly a year ago and it was only entered into the opening post after your current ban.

You will not be given the benefit of the doubt the next time so if in doubt check with the mods as to whether you are threadbanned or not.

If you can confirm your understanding and agreement with the above I will overturn your ban.

Alternatively you may request an admin review.

• Advertisement

how do you know what threads you are thread banned from ?

This is the problem. Had I remembered after months away i was thread banned i would not have posted....I thought this would have been obvious.

Surely if you are thread banned , then said thread should be blocked or the reply function removed

how do you know what threads you are thread banned from ?

This is the problem. Had I remembered after months away i was thread banned i would not have posted....I thought this would have been obvious.

Surely if you are thread banned , then said thread should be blocked or the reply function removed

I remember all the ones I have been banned from ie zero.
    If your behaviour is going to get you threadbanned then it is up to you to remember which threads they are.

If you can confirm your understanding and agreement with the above and my previous post I will overturn your ban.

Alternatively you may request an admin review.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi Justin

Secondly, your appeal is disingenuous. You were aware that it was violating a thread ban as it was outlined to you clearly in the communication from the mod. You are a smart guy. Pretending to misunderstand insults both of us.

I was not pretending anything !!

It was evidently clear as i stated clearly above to the other mod I was not aware I was threadbanned when i made the reply in the thread.. I have said this numerous times now but you seem intent on not grasping this.

When I appealed, I then realized it was due to a thread ban, when the other mod pointed it out which is also clearly evident in my earlier posts and I acknowledged it.
    Hence my questions which followed as to how do you find out what threads a person is banned from.

My ban is up soon so will not be begging you who has accused me of "pretending"

Noted

Please mark as resolved.

it was not resolved though was it ?
    I have to see out the ban because you accused me of "pretending to misunderstand" despite me showing you where there was no pretending despite your false accusation and what was a genuine mistake by me.

• Advertisement

Please advise if you want an admin review.

Advertisement