Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion not heating

Options
  • 08-05-2021 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

I recently replaced the element in immersion. The old wiring consisted of 4 core cable. 3 brown + earth. The brown wires were identified by 1- plain 2 one piece of tape 3 two pieces of tape. The new element had the normal blue, brown, black +earth. I used the new cable. When the switch is at sink the top of the tank heats. When the switch is at bath only the top heats even though the phase tester shows power at bath element. When the switch is at sink there is power at this element. Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

MIKEKC wrote: »
    I recently replaced the element in immersion. The old wiring consisted of 4 core cable. 3 brown + earth. The brown wires were identified by 1- plain 2 one piece of tape 3 two pieces of tape. The new element had the normal blue, brown, black +earth. I used the new cable. When the switch is at sink the top of the tank heats. When the switch is at bath only the top heats even though the phase tester shows power at bath element. When the switch is at sink there is power at this element. Any advice appreciated

Don't run with scissors!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

MIKEKC wrote: »

Didn't mean to post here, but farmers being jacks of all trades some might be able to help

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement