Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Bathroom Furniture

Options
  • 08-05-2021 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I'm doing up a house in the Sligo town area, and I'm looking for someone to make a custom vanity unit, for a small downstairs bathroom. I only have so much space, so I don't want some "standard" unit, like from Chadwicks. I want something custom made, that fits wall-to-wall, granite counter with sink, and a wooden cabinet underneath.

In January, I was in contact with https://www.handcraftfurnishings.com/furniture.html in Tubbercurry, who seem to do good work and have a good reputation, and supposedly could do this job, but they me told with the lockdown at the time, they were only doing "big jobs" already lined-up, and there was a 4-month waiting time for future works. I talked to them again in March, and they said there's still a long wait time and they wouldn't even come into the house to measure sizes for the job until after restrictions are lifted. Fair enough.

I contacted them again this week, with the restrictions lifting, but they're still backed up and not interested in "small jobs". I'm tired of waiting. Does anyone have any recommendation for someone/company that would be suitable for this job?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dermot Feeney in Grange. He did a fitted wardrobe for me. Top class work. He does all that kind of stuff. I haven't his number but can get it if you want.

Advertisement