Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing property in Ireland from abroad

• 08-05-2021 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All!

I've posted this question in another thread, however I don't feel it was correct, so will repost here.

Ireland is my home country, but last few years I'm living and working abroad in the EU.
    The country I'm in is not permanent, and just a nice place for me chill, and earn some money for the next few years. I'm just an expat essentially.
    I know that somewhere down the line, ill return to Ireland.

For this reason started thinking about the purchase of my first property in Ireland.

I can afford to pay a mortgage there while living here - but the issue comes with the application for a mortgage.

Is it even possible to apply to an Irish institution, while abroad?
    If so, who condones such practices?

The property could be a first time purchase, or purchase to let - doesn't bother me.
    I have about 25% of the DP from the range I'm considering.

I'm an Irish citizen, with an Irish family, who have property there. Currently I'm not considered a resident though due to being away for over 6 months.

Anyone have any tips or info on this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Contact a Broker in Ireland.

Advertisement