Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,409 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

A shill for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

It seems this is happening though not directly as manipulation, people are moving from greyscale to other etfs for lower fees. The volume being sold is going up but it’s not reflected in the spot price due to otc buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

There’s a very limited amount of otc BTC. What we end up with is a massive appetite for BTC but a limited supply, and then there’s the halving.

Typical crypto market, everything down except the one I’m waiting to buy lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Expressing views based in reality is now frowned upon?

Ignorance and delusion are the only acceptable views.😂🤣 no wonder you hold XRP and ADA

UK talking about conscription for war with big bad Russia, the economic outlook must be even worse than we imagine.

Anyway i see that Pyth network Oracles went down this month, so that's another Chainlink killer finished, no serious player will touch them now.

The slow inevitable conquering off all aspects of crypto by Chainlink continues to roll on

Just Deutsche Telekom with €114.4 billion revenue (2022) tweeting, probably nothing😏

What have we here........A Vodafone and Sumitomo company, and you know who they are from the Make it portfolio thread

"Vodafone’s Digital Asset Broker (DAB) today announced it has demonstrated a proof of concept with Sumitomo Corporation, Chainlink Labs and InnoWave to address longstanding challenges in the $32 trillion global trade ecosystem."

The important bit from the following link,

Let it soak into your soft heads just what is coming down the line all with Chainlink working behind the scenes collecting fees

July 28- THERE ARE 1836 PROJECTS AND 2153 INTEGRATIONS IN THE CHAINLINK ECOSYSTEM,

September 17- THERE ARE 1871 PROJECTS AND 2184 INTEGRATIONS IN THE CHAINLINK ECOSYSTEM

November 3 -THERE ARE 1946 PROJECTS AND 2309 INTEGRATIONS IN THE CHAINLINK ECOSYSTEM

December 8 - THERE ARE 2002 PROJECTS AND 2388 INTEGRATIONS IN THE CHAINLINK ECOSYSTEM

January 12 - THERE ARE 2017 PROJECTS AND 2413 INTEGRATIONS IN THE CHAINLINK ECOSYSTEM

Today -THERE ARE 2039 PROJECTS AND 2441 INTEGRATIONS IN THE CHAINLINK ECOSYSTEM

All will be paying fees to use Chainlniks services and fees will be going to stakers

We have a lot of reasons to be excited , 2024 shaping up to be a big year from crypto adoption by real world industries, well maybe not all crypto holders but certainly Chainlink holders should be excited.

We wont even have some schadenfreude when Chainlink moons and leaves many around here holding big heavy bags of garbage. despite been told and having know for years what's coming, its not nice to mock the afflicted and the XPR/ADA baggies are truly thick, holding big heavy bags of garbage with all the Chainlink evidence piling up, Chainlink the "One Ring to Rule Them all" of Crypto should be your main hold with a few speculative low caps just for gambling purposes, one of them might moon hard.

2024 the year of $LINK, no wonder I Dirk_Dangler shall be know as Dirk_The_Magnificent by the boards eternal bag holders, it does not have to be a sorrowful bag holding future for you, its's still early. plenty of time to board the Chainlink train...........you can't say you did not know when the inevitable happens!

Post edited by dirk_dangler on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,477 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just thinking of all the crypto plays that have made it into mainstream business solutions.... and the price stayed static

FFS just start your own thread and stop spamming this thread that is nothing to do with Link

Au contraire, ma soeur, the boards eternal bag holders(BEBH) would rather no one makes it, they are underwater with XRP bags purchased at $3.40 and ADA at $3.09 on their way to the moon!

The reality has been very different, its clear to all except the BEBH that XPR is a bust, no one is using it and its the same for the phantom chain ADA.

Now they dream here of all the banks using XPR, clearly never going to happen and that ADA will be adopted by all the big players and surpass ETH, LOL.

The reality is banks and every other big player are developing their own blockchain and Chainlink will connect them all together, literally Link the BlockChain's, this is just one string to the Chainlink bow, they offer many other services.........for a fee that will go to stakers.

The sooner you accept this, dump your bags of garbage and get onboard the $LINK train the better, you know it's the smart play but pride won't let you dump your bags of garbage at a loss, you hold on hoping for a pump to sell near your purchase price, but by then it will be to late, the money today could/would buy a nice $LINK bag, but in the future it will only buy a pittance, and that will haunt you till the day you die.

Don't hinder your opportunity for a bright future because you are to prideful to accept you made a bad buy with XRP/ADA, read about $LINK posted here, dispose of those bags of garbage and join the winning team.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have never held ADA or XRP, only BTC, and that is doing very nicely.

Are you Russian?

Now now don't be getting angry in an excitement thread.

These so called  "crypto plays that have made it into mainstream business solutions.... and the price stayed static" have all been micky mouse entities, if you listen carefully you can hear the stampede of the big boys coming in the distance,

Big changes are on the horizon, very exciting to say the least, Chainlink is part of these changes.

If its excitement your after it wont get much bigger that a bank run, could be the catalyst needed to push CBDC's on the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

He has his own obsessive thread called the 'make it portfolio' and it's been around for quite a while, so I guesd he hasn't made it yet. But any decade now...

• Advertisement

A bit like Ukraine winning LOL, only difference is Chainlinks going to make it, Ukraine won't

I'm retired in my 40's, own my house and zero debt, most around here would call that making it!

Now this is exciting, the rest will have to do the same or be deemed to be hiding something, could even spill over to other blockchains.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,477 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Found it and posted

If only there was a mod monitoring the threads but I think they've all abandoned here

Some pissy posters tonight, the very same ones bitching about me posting here are posting nonsense in the Make it portfolio thread, you don't see me having a hissy fit about it.

Around here will only get busy when BTC has a large pump or dump, in the meanwhile soak up the pearls of wisdom I cast before swine, you are conversing with greatness and are oblivious to it, more's the pity.

Relaxed and assured about what the future holds, trying to shine a little light into the bottomless pit of despair that is the life of the BEBH, but its doesn't have to be that way, you to can be a winner like my good self, the choice is yours, wallow in misery and self pity, wondering what could have been or be the master of one's own fate.

You know what needs to be done but lack courage, I'm here to help you and the other lost souls find the courage you desperately require to take the Link pill, and put you on a path to a brighter future.

Many around her have given up, resigned to be the life of a BEBH, but I won't give up on you, I will continue to provide solid Gold bread crumbs that will lead you to the only conclusion, $LKINK is all that and a bag of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you don't like what is posted, post something more interesting. There is nothing less interesting than seeing people telling others to not post without adding anything to the discussion themselves.

I like Dirk's updates on Link. I've a small few so like the occasional updates in-between all the other posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭djan

Absolutely, while dirk's posts can come across intense they are a valuable resource and fair play to them for doing so. Gowan the Chainlink!

Link is already ranked number 15 on market cap. It could go up more proportionately compared to others in the top five due to its market cap position but does an oracle belong in the top ten? It’s also got more competition now, that are cheaper and faster. Why has it not moved off Eth, even to a L2? High fees are extremely bad for what it does, it’s not like the last bull run. I see its competitors out performing it, it’s already overvalued for what it does.

Stumbled into an x space yesterday about some startup being challenged about a claim they were making about achieving a roll up for BTC, it got a bit heated with tech guys claiming it couldn’t be fully achieved as the startup had claimed, but it was something they were working on, and is the next big thing. End result was the startup kinda lost face and their coin dropped as a result, with people claiming the whitepaper was plagiarised.

Cant remember the startup coin, but the devs that challenged the startup, and seemed to have respect and credibility in the space, they shilled their own coin Sovryn, and it went up approx 70% as a result - anybody here have any insight into BTC rollups?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'd like to pick up TIA and ORDI if they can dump 50%

The thing about L2’s is that they are effectively a different chain and have less of the security of the L1. The L2 confirms almost immediately making it faster but if the L1 doesn’t confirm the transaction then the L2 is not in sync. That’s why they are called optimistic rollups as they presume that the transaction is valid even though it’s processed off the main chain.

It’s the same with the lightning network for bitcoin, it’s not the main chain and updated later. So effectively all these L2’s and side chains have far less of the security and decentralisation of the main network. This is why things get heated, one side doesn’t accept the lower security while the other ignores the latency issue.

Edit: I saw an interview with one of the polygon founders saying they are having issues with eth fees. Eth has out preformed them. Look at the Eth polygon prices for the past year. They have to finalise their transactions on Eth.

That’s what it was, the startup were asked to explain if they had achieved a zk roll up or an optimistic roll up, when they stated zk roll up they were branded a scam as it could not yet be achieved. But the challenging devs were apparently at the forefront of designing a zk rollup, which seems to be a big deal if can be achieved. So maybe worth a speculative punt on such coins.

• Advertisement

It’s still moving data off chain, that data is then less trustworthy and less secure.

There’s a free airdrop on jup.ag (solana) for those that use it. It’s a sh*t coin called wen .

Edit: I say airdrop but you have to claim it.

Post edited by Potatoeman on

Jupiter airdrop is up. Worth checking if you used it. I thought I didn’t qualify but still got some.

There might be some airdrops coming for people staking pyth. If you have it then it’s worth staking what you don’t plan selling. Keep in mind the unlock in Mar-Apr.

Edit: check if you qualify for the airdrop of pyth too, it’s on their site (airdrop.pyth.network/claim-tokens). I had missed that I qualified). It’s up until the second week of Feb.

Post edited by Potatoeman on

Chainlink is way more than just an Oracle.

As an oracle it has no rival, that market is sown up, if you are a serious player you are using Chainlink.

Chainlink is blockchain agnostic, it can work on any blockchain, as for fees being high on ETH, Chainlink with CCIP will see huge reductions.

Chainlink does not need its own L1, it bigger than that, its everywhere.

ETH will basically be just the public ledger of record to ensure no funny business, all the big players are going to have their own blockchain that will interact with each other using CCIP.

All this news about CCIP enabling interaction between ETH, AVAX, BNB, and the rest is just a nice Brucie bonus, total current crypto market is $1.7 trillion, small beans when compared to what's coming to blockchain, and that is legacy finance and their TRILLIONS.

Bank of England bringing us a CBDC, how will that interact with other CBDC's? Enter Chainlinks CCIP

Chainlink labs sent 16 million $LINK yesterday to Binace to be sold, the price of $LINK went up with this, its isn't retail absorbing a $300 million token dump on a Saturday.

$LINK up for the week in dollars 27%

In BTC sats from 0.000345 to 0.0004286

The moment CCIP goes live fully i expect we will get news of big players using it and a mega pump that will leave so many on here cursing their luck "I never can get in early on these big winners" well I'm telling you its still super early, the total crypto market cap is currently peanuts compared to traditional finance and traditional finance is looking to bring everything to blockchain.

Price of Chainlink (LINK) with the market cap of Bitcoin (BTC)

$1,422.81 (76.92x) earns no fees for holders, a distraction to keep the eye off Chainlink

Price of Chainlink (LINK) with the market cap of Ethereum (ETH)

$466.05 (24.52x) Chainlink is coming to gobble up all the fees its generates

Price of Chainlink (LINK) with the market cap of Solana (SOL)

$71.47 (2.91x) a VC pump and dump

Price of Chainlink (LINK) with the market cap of XRP (XRP)

$46.90 and we all know XRP is a busted flush, no banks will be using it.

Price of Chainlink (LINK) with the market cap of Cardano (ADA)

$29.86 (0.64x) ghost chain that's going to continue to bleed out

A few pages back posters stated ADA and XRP are good, when asked to state their reason why they declined!

Tells you all you need to know, they have heavy bags and are in denial.

You will get plenty of posters when the market crashes "Ha, Ha, Ha told you so" and when the market pumps "get on XYZ its going to the moon", very few posters around here share any research , put a little bit of effort into their post, disappointing to say the least.

Would it be too much to ask why?

Share what you know that has you interested in TIA and ORDI.

What has been gained around here by knowing

"I'd like to pick up TIA and ORDI if they can dump 50%"

why not post

"I'd like to pick up some Pepsi and Tayto in Tesco if on sale"

Why should anyone care about TIA and ORDI more that Pepsi and Tayto?

Now why would legacy finance use a blockchain not under their control with all these issues that can pop up?

The big players are working on their own Blockchains(ETH forks and Hyperledger), for security, custodianship. privacy and many more reasons, the public will never have access to them, and CCIP will connect these private chains together and also to public chains , generating fees that go to $LINK stakers.

Chainlink is the end game, everything that can be, will be turned into a token and put on a blockchain, CCIP will connect these chains together, and the fees will go to Chainlink stakers. Hence we have SWIFT and The DTCC onboard, twill be be stakers while also creating a massive amount of transactions, they will be making money hand over fist. (Staking rewards)

If you are holding the winning cryptos you should be very excited, this year is shaping up to be a big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭antimatterx

OK I'll tell you why. They will have momentum behind them when the bull really kicks off and they'll make me money.

I really don't give and a **** what crypto does, I just want to make my money and get out.

• Advertisement

Since we are speculating here, what are the prices of PYTH, API3 and Tellor with chainlinks marketcap?

Advertisement