Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Get out of here with your € speak.

Sorry new to this... Everyone look at USDT?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SummerK

Sorry new to this... Everyone look at USDT?

I look at € as I buy and withdraw in € and not $.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭AH92

More orchestrated FUD, ready to go alts shopping again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Buy the dips lads, I hope you have more money on the sidelines than I do.

weemcd wrote: »
    Worst advice ever. But I'm in the $hit now I might as well stick it out. Nobody tell the missus what I've done with the savings.... :o

One more bet to get the head above water. I've got a good tip, from boards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Bought a bit of ETH, BTC and SOL for sh1ts and giggles.

Might tank further but my funds are done. See if it comes back up now.

Considering I had planned to do this all a week or so back I am up in my own head at least haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

weemcd wrote: »

This is not a good mentality. We heard this all the way down the crash in 2018, "BuY tHe DiP", I know people are still not in the green from that.

People should be cautious, this could be the start of a bear market, in which case it makes far more sense to wait, and if it is constantly going down, then have patience and buy in a few months or more.

The rule of thumb is never listen to people who tell you to buy during a bull, only listen to those who tell you to buy during the depths of a bear run

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Keep buying the dips on the way down to the bottom isn't a good strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I'll have to agree. Most of my stop losses were hit yesterday/overnight and I'm glad of it. I'd rather walk away with most of my profit intact in case a mini bear market happens. I don't want to hodl and be looking at my phone every 5mins for the next few months. Especially with taxes to pay. Quite happy to watch this unfold from the sidelines for a while even if it means I miss out on a couple of pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Keep buying the dips on the way down to the bottom isn't a good strategy.

Much better to time the exact bottom perfectly. I'm open to pointers on how you manage it.

You can make a perfectly logical argument for never buying ever: Too late, we could be cloe to the top any minute - much better to buy after a crash; don't buy during a crash, you never know if it has further to fall - buy on the way up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Bought one Bitcoin just now at €31,500

I should have really bought at least 10 to make some serious cash once it goes back up again. I might buy 9 more if it drops lower. I will just have to keep an eye on the charts.

Bought one Bitcoin just now at €31,500

I should have really bought at least 10 to make some serious cash once it goes back up again. I might buy 9 more if it drops lower. I will just have to keep an eye on the charts.

NFA but if you want more I might set buy orders at $35K, $30K and $25K. But if it goes below that then hold off because I can't see the market recovering from there. Not for a while. In that case you'll probably see some really good prices after.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SummerK

Amazing manipulation. I saw BTC price 29500 euros and placed a buy order. with in few seconds its up to 30500.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

What'd China, the HedgeFunds, the IRS and SEC do now?

SummerK wrote: »
    Amazing manipulation. I saw BTC price 29500 euros and placed a buy order. with in few seconds its up to 30500.

I'd leave it. If you still want it there's a good chance you may get it someday soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Is anyone else's coinbase portfolio balance incorrect at the moment?

Mine is way off what I'm holding/value of my crypto assets in the below list

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I sure picked a lousy time to stop looking at crypto prices and actually start buying some

So far "to the moon" has not lived up to the hype and I am not a billionaire yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

I've no more usdt left on the exchanges. Thats it no more dip money.

Waiting to see if BTC continues to break the 20 week ema into next week.

Only thing to do is rebalance portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mariopepper

I want to stop being nervous.. Elon, please.. stop twitting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

$3 of MATIC available on Coinbase Earn

I don't think anyone will turn their nose up at $3 after the last few days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

I've no more usdt left on the exchanges. Thats it no more dip money.

Waiting to see if BTC continues to break the 20 week ema into next week.

Only thing to do is rebalance portfolio.

Similar here. I wish I could time lock my various crypto apps for a few weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Don’t want to derail the thread but...

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can learn to understand the basic charts that show price fluctuations over time. It looks fairly simple to understand but I want to be sure I am getting it!

To clarify, I’m referring to the simple line chart you would see on a coin (eg, ADA on Binance app) that shows price movement for 1h, 1day, 1 Week etc and not the candlestick chart, that’s for another day!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What is there to understand? it shows the price fluctuations over the timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

wally1990 wrote: »
    Is anyone else's coinbase portfolio balance incorrect at the moment?

Mine is way off what I'm holding/value of my crypto assets in the below list

The app has been doing that all day for me but the site is showing the correct amount when I login through the browser.

frag420 wrote: »

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can learn to understand the basic charts that show price fluctuations over time. It looks fairly simple to understand but I want to be sure I am getting it!

To clarify, I’m referring to the simple line chart you would see on a coin (eg, ADA on Binance app) that shows price movement for 1h, 1day, 1 Week etc and not the candlestick chart, that’s for another day!

I don't know much about charts but I like the Ichimoku Cloud overlay:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

fritzelly wrote: »
    What is there to understand? it shows the price fluctuations over the timeline

For example, just how I looked at ADA on Binance...

Over a week it has it as up about 3% with current price at $1.56

However I see a high of 2.46 near the start of the graph, a low of 1.25 and now it’s at the above price.

So what is that 3% rise based on as there is no price at very start of the graph? Have attached a pic, hope it works as on phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

For example, just how I looked at ADA on Binance...

Over a week it has it as up about 3% with current price at $1.56

However I see a high of 2.46 near the start of the graph, a low of 1.25 and now it’s at the above price.

So what is that 3% rise based on as there is no price at very start of the graph? Have attached a pic, hope it works as on phone!

Don't know how it works on Binance but usually you can use your cursor to move along the timeline and it will give the prices at all time points
    3% rise is based on 24 hours

To clarify, I’m referring to the simple line chart you would see on a coin (eg, ADA on Binance app) that shows price movement for 1h, 1day, 1 Week etc and not the candlestick chart, that’s for another day!]

The line should be self-explanatory (x axis = date, y = value in BTC/ETH/FIAT/etc.)

Like, I'm not sure what other info you can get out of the line before going into the candlestick chart.

There is a world of tech analysis and terms and it's highly debatable if much of it means anything in Crypto, but just reading candlestick charts for value, volume and date isn't hard to grasp. I recommend you do it and this video will show you how.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

dor83 wrote: »
    The app has been doing that all day for me but the site is showing the correct amount when I login through the browser.

On the ball!
    That worked
    App is still wrong and I've logged out, logged back in, etc
    Cheers
    Got to see the damage to my portfolio:)
    Ah sure
    Such is the crypto life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Jackben75 wrote: »
    Solana - listing on coinbase pro, just to clarify that in case people think it is a full listing on coinbase

I think listings usually become available on regular Coinbase at the same time, but if not just a few days afterwards. They just make more announcements about them listing on Pro beforehand for some reason whereas on regular Coinbase they add news on the exchange after the fact

Either way, in case some here don't know, if you have a Coinbase account you also have a Pro account. If you're logged into Coinbase you should automatically be logged in to Pro when you go to pro.coinbase.com

Advertisement