Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

KyussB wrote: »
    Sure you did. Just like I'm sure you bought $53,000 worth near Bitcoin's peak value.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116925807&postcount=9255

You can't even interpret what he's saying lol, do you even know what a sat is? He clearly said he acquired that amount of sats when BTC was $53k

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Sure you did. Just like I'm sure you bought $53,000 worth near Bitcoin's peak value.

thats in or around €500 worth both times, not 53000 worth. not exactly unbelievable money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm new to this, so go easy. But what is it with big sell offs on a Sunday? I'm probably over simplifying but when I see prices stabalise on a Sunday I'll be fairly certain we've hit bottom. Is it that predictable? It really does seem to be text book wyckoff distribution as explained a few pages ago.

It completely random. I don't know why some people think reading charts will be able to predict the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Watching my portfolio go down in the 1000's. The pain is unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

I bought at $61,000 too. But I’ve been buying since $3000 so what do I care.

Edit: wow you don’t even know what a Satoshi is. Hope you have nothing invested.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    It seems they don't realise that for every panicked 5-10% hourly drop there's a counterparty on the other side of every trade buying it.

OTC trading has huge volumes of BTC being snapped up in the last week.

Looking forward to Q2 earnings

I bought at $61,000 too. But I’ve been buying since $3000 so what do I care.

Edit: wow you don’t even know what a Satoshi is. Hope you have nothing invested.

Why does he have a post of yours from a month ago so readily available, how does he even remember that, really weird carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Why does he have a post of yours from a month ago so readily available, how does he even remember that, really weird carry on

A bit scary tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Watching my portfolio go down in the 1000's. The pain is unbearable.

At least it's not in the the hundreds of thousands. I guess that will be the next bull run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It completely random. I don't know why some people think reading charts will be able to predict the market.

TA is mostly bull****, but several on this forum did predict the recent bull.

Purely based on the rough time difference between the 2013 run and the 2017 run. Also the severity of bear from 2018 to 2020 combined with the killer drop in March 2020 and the rise of DeFi

Indeed no one can predict for sure, but pull the charts right back and we can see the long lows with the sharp highs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

For the first time in 4 years I own no crypto. My account was in freefall so cashed out at 2 and half times what I put in so nothing lost overall.
    I'm going to look at setting some very low buy limits to try and grab some bargains.
    I know it's impossible to predict but what coins does anyone think will bounce back from this? I would imagine the top 10 coins might have a better chance than some others but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    TA is mostly bull****, but several on this forum did predict the recent bull.

Purely based on the rough time difference between the 2013 run and the 2017 run. Also the severity of bear from 2018 to 2020 combined with the killer drop in March 2020 and the rise of DeFi

Indeed no one can predict for sure, but pull the charts right back and we can see the long lows with the sharp highs.

TA and recurring patterns would have a use in that market if what I read on here is representative of the attitudes and behaviour of people who put their money into those things.

Because if there are enough that believe in them, with enough money to throw into it, those "predictions" will become self fulfilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

He's actually doing the unheard of on this thread; practicing what he preaches-DCAing. I strongly suspect he will have the last laugh.

aido79 wrote: »
    For the first time in 4 years I own no crypto. My account was in freefall so cashed out at 2 and half times what I put in so nothing lost overall.
    I'm going to look at setting some very low buy limits to try and grab some bargains.
    I know it's impossible to predict but what coins does anyone think will bounce back from this? I would imagine the top 10 coins might have a better chance than some others but who knows.

No idea what the new paradigm will be after this reshuffle, but I wouldn't stray too far from BTC and Eth this year.

I cashed out most at around 10x to 30x depending on the coin starting in Jan. I'd possibly buy BTC at $15k and Eth sub $750 if a real bear kicks in.

TA and recurring patterns would have a use in that market if what I read on here is representative of the attitudes and behaviour of people who put their money into those things.

Because if there are enough that believe in them, with enough money to throw into it, those "predictions" will become self fulfilling.

Absolutely. I hate TA, but in the super long term I do agree it can give us clues.

We've now had a third major peak. If there's going to be a 4th, and if we have a bear forming for the next 3 years (minor bulls aside), then any smart or experienced person may want to bet on that 4th peak.

Anyway, if people are going to throw money at this, looking at it with hindsight, the best times to buy are always during the ****ty bear runs when no one is talking about crypto. And sell during the frenzied bull runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Time Capsule post:

08-May-2021 23:00 (USD)

Bitcoin 58,975

Ethereum 3,855

Dogecoin 0.6579

XRP 1.563

Cardano 1.613

Polkadot 39.426

Bitcoin Cash 1,363.16

Litecoin 44.76

Uniswap 40.89

Chainlink 48.2

Big difference now

2 weeks

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bpzmirda228d96rggdjjjz50b9p7j8oyjtjbfepwa&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

No idea what the new paradigm will be after this reshuffle, but I wouldn't stray too far from BTC and Eth this year.

I cashed out most at around 10x to 30x depending on the coin starting in Jan. I'd possibly buy BTC at $15k and Eth sub $750 if a real bear kicks in.

That's what I'm thinking. I can't see people willing to risk much money in altcoins until there are gains in btc and eth.
    It's hard to gauge where the bottom will be but buying are those kind of prices would be appealing.

BTC dominance increasing, just like every other crash. Indeed we don't know what's going to happen next, but the market does repeat itself.

If it keeps dropping like this, the inevitable rebound will suck a lot of people in.

• BTT down to 0.0024

NOM! NOM! GET IT INTA YA!

I've taken a battering but was always buying to stick up me jumper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,926 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

BTC dominance increasing, just like every other crash. Indeed we don't know what's going to happen next, but the market does repeat itself.

If it keeps dropping like this, the inevitable rebound will suck a lot of people in.

If this is a repeating pattern then that will be followed by another crash.

aido79 wrote: »
    That's what I'm thinking. I can't see people willing to risk much money in altcoins until there are gains in btc and eth.
    It's hard to gauge where the bottom will be but buying are those kind of prices would be appealing.

I'm sure there'll be some new alt trend that will spike, in 2017 it was alts in general, in 2019 the exchange alts, in 2020 DeFi.

I've been into alts since 2014 but ironically BTC has been one of the biggest gainers (Eth and freakshow Doge the key others)

All sorts of stuff will happen in the next 6 months I am sure, the least likely in my mind is another run that surpasses this. It could happen, but it's the lowest probability (my opinion). I'd go with something similar to 2018 but with less of an overall drop I think. At this point I'll just sit back and watch for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

I'm sure there'll be some new alt trend that will spike, in 2017 it was alts in general, in 2019 the exchange alts, in 2020 DeFi.

I've been into alts since 2014 but ironically BTC has been one of the biggest gainers (Eth and freakshow Doge the key others)

All sorts of stuff will happen in the next 6 months I am sure, the least likely in my mind is another run that surpasses this. It could happen, but it's the lowest probability (my opinion). I'd go with something similar to 2018 but with less of an overall drop I think. At this point I'll just sit back and watch for the next few months.

So bitcoin will prob go to 20k and eth go around 1 k

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭bankboucy

bankboucy wrote: »

I read earlier that they've come out and denied it, their website was hacked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

bankboucy wrote: »

Hope your personal data is leaked from the HSE hack and it haunts you for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hope your personal data is leaked from the HSE hack and it haunts you for years.

Fúck I never even heard of that now everyone will know how many times I had chlamydia. Call Guinness records people will say.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

Sorry for hijacking - mod please redirect to appropriate thread - I guess this was the general chat one.

Explain to me like I’m 5 - I’m asking for a family member who is well into crypto at this stage and I am not that informed on it at all:

Can you withdraw cryptocurrency into your choice of account in monetary form?

If you’ve say - $50-60,000 US dollars in a coin, ethereum for example or I believe his coin is on an exchange which hasn’t hit the big time yet ...

I am doing my research this week on how to get it out of a “Wallet” app where I can see it, and get it physically into an account of mine.

It has been murmured about possible tax implications if a large sum of money appeared into my UK or irish bank account. That’s why I’m thinking Revolut would be better. Although this could flag as money laundering to Revolut too? Only other option I’ve heard of to escape tax is bank account in portugal or the likes.

But yeah main question - is it possible to even get your investment out of a wallet and into an account in US dollars before exchanging it back to euro/sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭bankboucy

Very emotional reaction, my friend

I wish only the best for you and yours & everyone on this thread. I’m sorry if my warnings burst your crypto bubble but if your so easily rattled perhaps you need to evaluate how much risk your taking and encouraging others to take on these boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Hope everyone got in on DeFi100 project:

Hoping people got scammed isn't wishing the best for anyone & you get out what you put in.

Advertisement