Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Chances are in a situation where you need to do anything quickly Binance will crash with the load

I see there's USDT Tether, it seems to be tied to the Dollar and it's easy to convert to. Probably the best option for a quick get out if needed or no?

Beverly Hills, California

KyussB wrote: »
    Essentially, everyones speculative investment here depends on major worldwide governments allowing Bitcoin to exist without clamping it down out of existence - yet everybody is so certain, despite major Bitcoin-enabled attacks on world governments/infrastructure (including our own), that governments aren't in the process of clamping down on it - or otherwise have convinced themselves that Bitcoins existence/value doesn't depend on the above.

A lot of faith expressed in the return of Bitcoin's value here, without any smarts/logic accounting for world governments sudden turn against it, and how its value depends on the whims of world governments.

If you're going to engage in speculation where you're try to beat all the other suckers participants - why on earth would you ignore the no.1 most important cue (governments turning against it) for getting the hell out of the speculative bubble? :)

Hahaha, pity nobody bothered to tell PayPal and Visa!

https://usa.visa.com/solutions/crypto.html

• Whelo79 wrote: »
    Why are you so hot on BTT? It hasn't done much at all since its release.

It is partnered with all the tech giants.

The software behind it is gonna become the norm.

Justin Sun has just burned tonnes of TRX.

I'm investing in its potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Quick question on Binance. How do I change BTC to Fiat quickly. I only see a convert and a withdraw option standing out. In case I want to gamble that I'm at a peak, sell and then buy in on a low, if the low comes. I know it could keep going up but I just want to know in case I go down that road.
    Convert your bitcoin to a stable coin (usdt or busd) then take a breather and convert that to euros whenever you want. Stable coins do not fall or rise with the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭OEP

I would choose USDC or BUSD over USDT. USDT are less transparent than the other two and always seem to be attracting the wrong kind of attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

KyussB wrote: »
    Essentially, everyones speculative investment here depends on major worldwide governments allowing Bitcoin to exist without clamping it down out of existence - yet everybody is so certain, despite major Bitcoin-enabled attacks on world governments/infrastructure (including our own), that governments aren't in the process of clamping down on it - or otherwise have convinced themselves that Bitcoins existence/value doesn't depend on the above.

A lot of faith expressed in the return of Bitcoin's value here, without any smarts/logic accounting for world governments sudden turn against it, and how its value depends on the whims of world governments.

If you're going to engage in speculation where you're try to beat all the other suckers participants - why on earth would you ignore the no.1 most important cue (governments turning against it) for getting the hell out of the speculative bubble? :)

I suggest you not invest in crypto - period. There's a worried thread for you and thinks he's clever meme.

Investment carries risk. Speaking of governments: Imagine you had an old cottage in Kerry - nice view of the sea, but too far from anywhere to commute and you went and borrowed a pile of money to do the place up, factoring in letting it via AirBnb to pay the mortgage and hopefully make some profit. Then the government issues a total ban on AirBnb letting - requiring planning is effectively a total ban. You are pretty fecked, right?

At least with bitcoin you can take it with you on holiday to somewhere that hasn't ban-hammered it. Not quite so easy with your over invested cottage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

cnocbui wrote: »
    I suggest you not invest in crypto - period. There's a worried thread for you and thinks he's clever meme.

Investment carries risk. Speaking of governments: Imagine you had an old cottage in Kerry - nice view of the sea, but too far from anywhere to commute and you went and borrowed a pile of money to do the place up, factoring in letting it via AirBnb to pay the mortgage and hopefully make some profit. Then the government issues a total ban on AirBnb letting - requiring planning is effectively a total ban. You are pretty fecked, right?

At least with bitcoin you can take it with you on holiday to somewhere that hasn't ban-hammered it. Not quite so easy with your over invested cottage.

Dude was only talking about the apparent certainty of posters that something could not happen. He didn't say it would or would not happen. It doesn't have to happen for him to be right in what he is saying.

That is what I took from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Who thinks Tommycoin will be the next big one :)

https://www.tommycoin.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Why would you sell a portion of it recovers a little when you could have dumped it 70% higher a few weeks ago? What’s changed in your opinion

Short answer: I don't have a crystal ball. Emotional decisions and large amounts don't mix well, so I made a robust plan years ago and have stuck to it, as a result I've been selling since Jan in portions. So indeed I was selling as recently as a few weeks ago, unfortunately there's no way of knowing when the drop is and what shape it's going to take. I sold some on the way down but stopped when it got too steep, I don't really sell into red (I don't buy into green either). I'm too lazy to set stop losses and all that crap. Anything could happen, but my opinion is that a bear will set in this year, so I'd rather sell a portion of the remainder and use that to fund if/when we really dive

seannash wrote: »
    Convert your bitcoin to a stable coin (usdt or busd) then take a breather and convert that to euros whenever you want. Stable coins do not fall or rise with the market.

Stable-coins carry their own risk. I'm making a nice % on my Tether before I convert to EUR, but I'm still not comfortable in any stable-coin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Short answer: I don't have a crystal ball. Emotional decisions and large amounts don't mix well, so I made a robust plan years ago and have stuck to it, as a result I've been selling since Jan in portions. So indeed I was selling as recently as a few weeks ago, unfortunately there's no way of knowing when the drop is and what shape it's going to take. I sold some on the way down but stopped when it got too steep, I don't really sell into red (I don't buy into green either). I'm too lazy to set stop losses and all that crap. Anything could happen, but my opinion is that a bear will set in this year, so I'd rather sell a portion of the remainder and use that to fund if/when we really dive

I agree I think it will rise up
    To 47k or so then drop to 20k
    Going to sell at 47 and buy more in the bear

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

Looks solid, I am liquidating a few investments and going all-in on TommyCoin! :eek:

Crypto starts to climb again, got me thinking I wonder has elon tweeted again. Sure enough, a silly tweet about doge causes a 10%+ hike. Seriously, this is a fooking mugs game. Still hanging in to break even and I'm back to indexes....

This is very simple to me, how the hell can anyone be expected to buy a pizza never mind a Tesla with this currency when you risk having spent 10-40% more by the next day. Likewise how is any retailer expected to accept it for payment when your cash register could be down 40% in a few days.

BizWiz66 wrote: »
    Looks solid, I am liquidating a few investments and going all-in on TommyCoin! :eek:

Are you doing a bit of bitcoin donating

Crypto starts to climb again, got me thinking I wonder has elon tweeted again. Sure enough, a silly tweet about doge causes a 10%+ hike. Seriously, this is a fooking mugs game. Still hanging in to break even and I'm back to indexes....

It will prob go up
    To high 40s sell then and buy more in the bear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

This is very simple to me, how the hell can anyone be expected to buy a pizza never mind a Tesla with this currency when you risk having spent 10-40% more by the next day. Likewise how is any retailer expected to accept it for payment when your cash register could be down 40% in a few days.

That tweet wasn't even today..

Beverly Hills, California

Stable-coins carry their own risk. I'm making a nice % on my Tether before I convert to EUR, but I'm still not comfortable in any stable-coin

Oh I meant a breather to research how to get it to fiat (Like a day)

Indeed, but none of this really matters because ultimately it's just a speculation game. No one really thinks that Doge will become some alternative currency, it's just a giant game of chicken. The last lot in are speculating the next lot will pay more.

seannash wrote: »
    Oh I meant a breather to research how to get it to fiat (Like a day)

Ah. By the way Coinbase accept Tether now, around 20 dollars a pop to send, can be cashed into Euros with the usual painful fees.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's going to the feckin' moon.

• Advertisement

It's going to the feckin' moon.

Lol can’t believe it’s got a website lol 😆

As predicted, the rebound is kicking in, it's "looking" green, people will be getting Revolut alerts that Eth is up 30% in 24 hrs. Now the battle begins, will the first 5% to 10% drop scare the market or will they pile in? judging by the curve, the next 3 to 4 hours is crucial

As predicted, the rebound is kicking in, it's "looking" green, people will be getting Revolut alerts that Eth is up 30% in 24 hrs. Now the battle begins, will the first 5% to 10% drop scare the market or will they pile in? judging by the curve, the next 3 to 4 hours is crucial

I feel it will rise to around 45k and then go down to 20k or so 45 ,could be a good time to sell and buy more when it’s super low for the next bull

Next big influx will be Chinese market and they tend to be risk adverse. But all it takes is a few green candles right as they are waking up to cause a cascade of buys

Yup, in about 25 mins the 24hr marks will go to their highest point, and it should stay green for almost another 12 to 24 hours if there isn't another drop, which could lure in a big portion, we'll see. Indeed when Asian wakes up later on and if they start buying could be interesting. Also Tuesday is bank transfer day for many (if people moved cash at the weekend/Monday)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

https://twitter.com/whale_alert/status/1396837884787924998

Nearly $2 billion in total gone onto binance across multiple transactions.

How many companies listed on the Irish Stock Exchange sell heroin?

What lame ducks list on ISEQ lmao. FWIW GlaxoSmithKline and a bunch of other companies operational in Ireland listed on LON or NYS/NASDAQ sell heroin.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/whale_alert/status/1396837884787924998

Nearly $2 billion in total gone onto binance across multiple transactions.

Phew, the transfer is still saying "pending" on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just to play the side of the bear for once, that money could be used for shorting the market or waiting for a larger dip, not necessarily they are going to buy now

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Just to play the side of the bear for once, that money could be used for shorting the market or waiting for a larger dip, not necessarily they are going to buy now

Volume atm seems to disagree, but always a possibility.

Advertisement