Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Suckit wrote: »
    I have been expecting at least one other big dip after the last week. I thought maybe down to €22k before coming back.
    Now I am not so sure and I'm half out.
    Easy back in though, not too worried about that.

Just wondering if anyone had the same expectations and how they feel now? I'm still thinking there could be another dip, but the last 16ish hours in particular, things look a lot more stable than they have, and I'm less convinced.

That was my thinking as well. But I'm not letting myself FOMO right now. I'm going to give it a couple weeks more to see how things shake out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I have been expecting at least one other big dip after the last week. I thought maybe down to €22k before coming back.

Just wondering if anyone had the same expectations and how they feel now? I'm still thinking there could be another dip, but the last 16ish hours in particular, things look a lot more stable than they have, and I'm less convinced.

I'm still bearish long term, but yesterday the bulls "won" the little battle and market is inching back up. We're also quite green again (24hr, 1 week, 1 month) so it looks good to uninformed investors. If I had to take a stab in the dark, this could last until the weekend then drop back a bit. Will be a big cue for the everyone how the market reacts to the next drop (drop = 10% or so)

If it grows for a few weeks it could even trigger another run, not something I expect, but not impossible in a market like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I'm still bearish long term, but yesterday the bulls "won" the little battle and market is inching back up. We're also quite green again (24hr, 1 week, 1 month) so it looks good to uninformed investors. If I had to take a stab in the dark, this could last until the weekend then drop back a bit. Will be a big cue for the everyone how the market reacts to the next drop (drop = 10% or so)

If it grows for a few weeks it could even trigger another run, not something I expect, but not impossible in a market like this.

This guy predicted what’s happened now he’s saying it’s about to drop after a bull trap to 50k

https://youtu.be/rGMLo355ShA

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How is he with horses?

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Still expecting another noticeable dip after the last few days but still trying to make the most of the current run all be it more cautiously then usual.

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    Still expecting another noticeable dip after the last few days but still trying to make the most of the current run all be it more cautiously then usual.

How low do too expect this next dip to be 30k ?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

SCOL wrote: »
    I'm "assuming" profits are taxed only if I take them out ??? also I'm thinking I can keep going and at the end of the year take out something if I have any profit
    and just pay the tax on it ???

I really don't have a clue what I'm doing at the moment, I think I just got lucky and made something on my first investment, it only small at the moment but I hope to build on it.

Is there any courses about to learn more, I've been watching a lot on youtube.
    Just to pick up on your wording here in case of misunderstanding.
    Its once you sell the crypto for another or fiat that you are liable for tax.
    Nothing to do with taking it out of binance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Connavar wrote: »
    Just to pick up on your wording here in case of misunderstanding.
    Its once you sell the crypto for another or fiat that you are liable for tax.
    Nothing to do with taking it out of binance

Is a stable coin counted as fiat? So if I transfer to USDT, can I wait until it transfers to Euro before paying any CGT?

Beverly Hills, California

Is a stable coin counted as fiat? So if I transfer to USDT, can I wait until it transfers to Euro before paying any CGT?
    Stable coin is the same as selling one crypto for another so cgt due

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Stable coin is the same as selling one crypto for another so cgt due

I'm not near the CGT limit yet so all good but annoying that I have to pay CGT for crypto-crypto. I was hoping I could trade and then eventually just pay the CGT on profits when/if moved to fiat and back into my bank. Oh well!

Beverly Hills, California

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

mcriot29 wrote: »
    How low do too expect this next dip to be 30k ?

Hoping for somewhere around there or even a tad lower.

I'm not near the CGT limit yet so all good but annoying that I have to pay CGT for crypto-crypto. I was hoping I could trade and then eventually just pay the CGT on profits when/if moved to fiat and back into my bank. Oh well!
    Also meant to register it even if your not at the limit which it the bit that really annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Also meant to register it even if your not at the limit which it the bit that really annoys me

It's not a limit, it's a tax credit and to avail of it, you need to be registered same as any other tax credit.

Anywho..MATIC has been great to me this week. Bought the dip at €0.73 and have now sold for an average of €1.67 over today and yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Great work on Matic, I had a DCA bot killing it for me a few weeks back. Didn't catch it picking up steam this last run.

For me, I think BTC is stabilising. I don't see it reaching the ATH this bull session again, if it continues. I sold a load near the top as it settled after a sharp rise and bought a bit at around $38.5k, I'll be selling that at around 43-45k if it gets there again and will re-evaluate.

Ethereum making great progress and I genuinely think we're moving away from BTC being the big dog and being the centre of bull runs. Other currencies have technology attached and are under various stages of development. BTC is purely a store of value. I expect mini bull runs to start happening more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Good thread on Twitter by @RaoulGMI

Points out that despite the massive crash in Crypto, nobody lost their jobs, no firms went bust, Feddidn't have to intervene. Great example of how independent and resilient the DeFi world is. Imagine if any other asset class (stocks, property) had fallen 50%. Crypto/DeFi really is a better Financial system, that doesn't break when it hits rocky times

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭SCOL

Tesla launches their newest platform BitcoinProfit™ - aims to help families become wealthier

Shedite27 wrote: »

Points out that despite the massive crash in Crypto, nobody lost their jobs, no firms went bust, Feddidn't have to intervene. Great example of how independent and resilient the DeFi world is. Imagine if any other asset class (stocks, property) had fallen 50%. Crypto/DeFi really is a better Financial system, that doesn't break when it hits rocky times

Sorry, but what nonsense.

That's because the world isn't dependent on crypto. Business/public aren't reliant on DeFi. It's a bunch of speculation tokens in endless "development" being gambled on. It's a zero-sum game, and when it crashes, it just means the arbitrary volatile prices have moved due to herd psychology and little else. It's not anywhere close to a "financial system" that industry/business/public are reliant on.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

That's because the world isn't dependent on crypto. Business/public aren't reliant on DeFi. It's a bunch of speculation tokens in endless "development" being gambled on. It's a zero-sum game, and when it crashes, it just means the arbitrary volatile prices have moved due to herd psychology and little else. It's not anywhere close to a "financial system" that industry/business/public are reliant on.

Bitcoin is an asset class.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-is-officially-a-new-asset-class-goldman-sachs-103540636.html

Bitcoin is traded, exists in balance sheets, and has tertiary ETFs.

Bitcoin has a larger market cap than VISA.

Fidelity have spent 6 months trying to bring in the Wise Origin Bitcoin Index Fund.

There is a non-negligible amount of people with Bitcoin in their IRAs
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/seansteinsmith/2021/03/17/bitcoin-individual-retirement-accounts-iras-are-growing-fast-what-should-investors-know/

So yeah, there are correlations in the markets.

It isn't a financial system. If it was, the world would be on fire. Frankly one of the most absurd posts I've ever read about crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

BTC and ETH may very well be running out of steam here... tread carefully, could see a drop triggered quite soon.

Which suits me fine tbh as I'd like to aquire some over the weekend depending on price action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Citi's analysts speculated that a rise in other bitcoin-like products - such as private "stablecoins" and central bank digital currencies - would add legitimacy to the crypto world, while making such technologies easier to use and more integrated into economies.

"In this scenario, bitcoin may be optimally positioned to become the preferred currency for global trade," a team of Citi analysts led by Sandy Kaul, global head of Citi's business advisory services, said. in a report.

"It is immune from both fiscal and monetary policy, avoids the need for cross-border foreign exchange (FX) transactions, enables near instantaneous payments, and eliminates concerns about defaults or cancellations as the coins must be in the payer's wallet before the transaction is initiated."

The report highlighted increased acceptance of cryptocurrencies by companies such as PayPal, Mastercard and Tesla, and said bitcoin's scarcity means investors are increasingly comparing it to "digital gold."
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/bitcoin-btc-could-become-currency-global-trade-citi-2021-3-1030134805

You talk of speculation as if that isn't the basis behind just about every market and financial instrument you can name - property, precious metals, currency trading, equities, fine art, derivatives, commodities, etc, etc

Hell, you can add classic sport cars and whiskey -FFS! - to the near infinite list.

A fly on the wall in the presence of two humans wiil see bets placed on what it will do next.

If I was getting paid a set amount of bitcoin tomorrow rather than a set amount of euro I would feel like burning something :)

weemcd wrote: »
    BTC and ETH may very well be running out of steam here... tread carefully, could see a drop triggered quite soon.

Which suits me fine tbh as I'd like to aquire some over the weekend depending on price action.

Waiting to buy some more
    Do you think it will go to 30k soon I do expect it to drop to 20k in long term
    If a bear starts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

quinneerr wrote: »
    Which one of you is this poor bastard?
    He spend all his money on crypto Monday, then we crash hard Tuesday.
    Here is his initial video and the follow up
    Pushing all in. youtube.com/watch?v=dQY1OeOXOq4
    The aftermath. youtube.com/watch?v=3oaPz4GTDjI

Just James got Justed, the memes write themselves, He got Bogged hard

Could you embed the videos please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Waiting to buy some more
    Do you think it will go to 30k soon I do expect it to drop to 20k in long term
    If a bear starts

Honestly seems to be on a knife edge, that's before you account for external factors like tweets. I would not like to be scanning these charts as my job.

I have a limit on BTC at 35 and ETH at 2200. If they hold, great, if they go below I'll hope to buy on the dip. If I had to guess any buying days, Sunday would be when I'm looking at. Purely my own thoughts and a few people I've been chatting to. Everyone has different takes. I've seen people full bear and full bull this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

quinneerr wrote: »
    Theta was about $10 when this post was made, so Theta to $50-100 by August, we will split the difference and call it $75, that would put THETA at number 3 with coin market cap.
    Now am i the only one who is stunned at his prediction, given with zero reason to back it up, if you believe this to be true, i'm going to believe that you have done serious research, so why not give us a trail of breadcrumb's to follow at the very least, or should we just have blind faith.

Theta will 7x at least from here. Tfuel will 10x+. That would give 42billion market cap and 10 billion for tfuel

Why? Because tfuels tokenomics are going to change drastically in 5weeks. It will be a better staking coin than dot, zil, xtz etc.

Why? Because the percentage staked will be incredibly low when mainnet 3.0 is rolled out. Its around 12% staked now. That's a lot of rewards up for grabs.

Now we are all in agreement that the btc bull needs to continue for this to happen. It hasn't decoupled from btc just yet. Same logic applies to every other altcoin.

So yes I believe top 8 is possible. What I'm most excited about is the edge network growth and possibilities that it brings.

No dramatic bad news or tweets. We're just coming off our second "bounce" since the big drop on the 23rd. By this Friday the "7 day" results on Coinmarketcap or elsewhere are gonna look pretty damn good for a few days. Might help keep the market up or push it a bit, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

If XRP hits €0.85 now I'll be happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

I'm concerned about the crypto movement within the top 200. The alts I'd expect to see supported aren't, and instead we've got the NFT coins and swap stuff pipping the top of the 24hr ranges in the top 10 market movers. Given that GME/AMC are running hard again it's pause for concern for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Jeff2 wrote: »
    If XRP hits €0.85 now I'll be happy. :)

When did you get in ? Hopefully not when it was €2.00 / €2.30

Advertisement