Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭bankboucy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Good thread on Twitter by @RaoulGMI

Points out that despite the massive crash in Crypto, nobody lost their jobs, no firms went bust, Feddidn't have to intervene. Great example of how independent and resilient the DeFi world is. Imagine if any other asset class (stocks, property) had fallen 50%. Crypto/DeFi really is a better Financial system, that doesn't break when it hits rocky times

(1) Be wary of Raoul.....he's running a media company in the middle of a crypto click bait boom.....a media company, RealVision, that was failing pretty badly covering traditional CeFi up until c.2018......until he pivoted himself and Realvision to be crypto cheerleaders and surprise surprise his clicks and RV subscribers went. Smart business guy......but wouldn't

(2)Fed intervene in what......a tiny sliver of the financial world....why would they bother to do that even if it dropped 99%....cyrpto/defi assets are a fart on a windy....they might as well not exist in the context of the overall financial system

(3)DeFi better financial system - you saw the DeFi100 scam right where they left a **** you message on their site before it got taken down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

bankboucy wrote: »
    (1) Be wary of Raoul.....he's running a media company in the middle of a crypto click bait boom.....a media company, RealVision, that was failing pretty badly covering traditional CeFi up until c.2018......until he pivoted himself and Realvision to be crypto cheerleaders and surprise surprise his clicks and RV subscribers went. Smart business guy......but wouldn't

I find the non-crypto paying content is actually pretty good. You get to hear from a lot of finance industry insiders in long-format interviews which lets them develop their view a lot more than typical TV short segments. Would be even better if Grant Williams was still around but still I think it is one of the best financial media to get a grasp of long term macro trends (one exemple: EU carbon credits is a great macro opportunity they brought to the table recently with good people to explain the background and thesis for it).

And to be fair while Raoul Pal is obviously very positive on crypto, they regularly have anti-cypto and anti-bitcoin people on there (Mike Green being a regular one and is a powerful voice in the finance industry).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Jeff2 wrote: »
    If XRP hits €0.85 now I'll be happy. :)

I'd be pissed off when only 2 days ago...have you hit your buy in point?

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Bought XRP other day @ €0.57 sold this evening @ €0.75 all good.

Lets see how it plays out.

I'll be watching if there is a buy in point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Hoboo wrote: »
    I'd be pissed off when only 2 days ago...have you hit your buy in point?

This guy constantly talks about having sold high after buying low, but never once actually talks about his buys in advance.

If we were on the betting threads he would be banned for constantly 'after timing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Whelo79 wrote: »
    This guy constantly talks about having sold high after buying low, but never once actually talks about his buys in advance.

If we were on the betting threads he would be banned for constantly 'after timing'.

Yeah I am not targeting anyone in particular, but as a sanity check I would just ignore posts by anyone coming to talk about their gains while they never mentioned purchases previously :-)

Same thing for any post claiming to have closed positions just on time before the current correction (unless the poster actually said they were closing positions before things started to go south).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Yup, there are several of these guys.

I know one very long term but infrequent poster who has said multiple times that they have sold off all their crypto, yet every time there is a spike in price they talk about their big gains.

And you'd be amazed the amount of low cap moon shoots they've been lucky to get in on at ground floor prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yeah I am not targeting anyone in particular, but as a sanity check I would just ignore posts by anyone coming to talk about their gains while they never mentioned purchases previously :-)

Same thing for any post claiming to have closed positions just on time before the current correction (unless the poster actually said they were closing positions before things started to turn south).

Okay just posting this so everyone believes me when I’m a millionaire.

I bought $5 of a coin that’s name is literally the poo emoji. My holdings are now worth $1.18 last time I checked so I figure it will 5000x any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Theta will 7x at least from here. Tfuel will 10x+. That would give 42billion market cap and 10 billion for tfuel

Why? Because tfuels tokenomics are going to change drastically in 5weeks. It will be a better staking coin than dot, zil, xtz etc.

Why? Because the percentage staked will be incredibly low when mainnet 3.0 is rolled out. Its around 12% staked now. That's a lot of rewards up for grabs.

Staking removes Tokens from the market, it reduces the supply available for sale, makes them scarce and pushes up the price, if less Theta will be staked there will be plenty for sale, this wont push up the price.
    See the KSM price pump for this in action, KSM is being locked up in auctions, making the token scarce and driving up the price.
    If this decreased amount of Theta staked is what you believe will drive up the price, your'e in for a disappointing summer.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    I'm concerned about the crypto movement within the top 200. The alts I'd expect to see supported aren't, and instead we've got the NFT coins and swap stuff pipping the top of the 24hr ranges in the top 10 market movers. Given that GME/AMC are running hard again it's pause for concern for me.

Which alts?
    Don't leave us hanging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yeah I noticed and I'm only here a week! Was complete sarcasm on my part.

• Advertisement

Anyone that talks price in € and not $ is to be dismissed without hesitation, the markets are priced in $* world wide, the buy and sell orders are placed in $*, the support and resistance prices are also in $*, making trades based on any other currency is a way to miss out on pumps and get caught in dumps.

*Have not forgot about BTC pairs, but that would be considered advanced trading for too many round here to include it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

quinneerr wrote: »
    Staking removes Tokens from the market, it reduces the supply available for sale, makes them scarce and pushes up the price, if less Theta will be staked there will be plenty for sale, this wont push up the price.
    See the KSM price pump for this in action, KSM is being locked up in auctions, making the token scarce and driving up the price.
    If this decreased amount of Theta staked is what you believe will drive up the price, your'e in for a disappointing summer.

I'm on about tfuel. Currently there is 12% staked.

APY will be 35% starting end of June.

This will reduce with more people buying but the price of the token will increase.

Also it is so simple to setup, I'll be staking mine on a mini pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I'm on about tfuel. Currently there is 12% staked.

APY will be 35% starting end of June.

This will reduce with more people buying but the price of the token will increase.

Also it is so simple to setup, I'll be staking mine on a mini pc.

Only thing is, you not paying income tax in the higher bracket with that? Like 40% + 8% USC (if you're over 70k already)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Badly fukt wrote: »
    ARTICLE wrote:
    Another user, with the Twitter, handle @arbedout posted that the agreed promotion fee is even less than the cost of a fairly used 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport, which is currently sold for $24,999.

The poor lad :D

This is the chap who got sued by Nintendo for selling bootleg 'gameboys' with emulators and nintendo ROMs on them.

https://gamerant.com/soulja-boy-console-nintendo-lawsuit/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

BTC banging its head off 40k all day, maybe it is going to drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Thargor wrote: »

Could be rangebound between 30-60k for months but ultimately will be over $90k by years end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Thargor wrote: »

Been watching that myself, in two minds about getting out now or just seeing what happens longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Definitely sell your crypto to the whales

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Definitely sell your crypto to the whales

Himself keeps looking at me like a parent disappointed in their kid every time I mention selling :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

A little advice if possible.

I've been messing around with €50 and turned that into €30 :rolleyes:

Anyway I was on Coinbase looking at trends and saw Ethereum Max seemed to be going up, a little but down, then up again.

So this morning I bought (after much faffing about with Wallets etc) €8 of it.

Now its worth €650. How do I sell half of it and get out ahead?

I have them in my Coinbase wallet.

Do I transfer them back to UniSwap?

Advice welcome!

Important to add I haven't a Scooby Doo what I'm doing. This is pure luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Now its worth €650.

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

fritzelly wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    Floyd and Pierce had $10m :eek:;)

Suckit wrote: »
    Floyd and Pierce had $10m :eek:;)

Maybe Maxwell is one or the other...hmmmm...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

looks like it - from coinmarketcap just now

EthereumMax Price Today
    EthereumMax Price $0.000000289
    Price Change
    24h
    $0.000000287
    14636.01%
    24h Low / 24h High
    $0 /
    $0.00000029
    Trading Volume
    24h
    $22,527,937.35
    1507.35%
    Volume / Market Cap No Data
    Market Dominance No Data
    Market Rank #2575

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

fritzelly wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Not really.
    I have 2.7bn of them and the Coinbase wallet tells me it's now worth $788.

If its not I've lost nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Not really.

looks like Uniswap only for exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

If I was getting paid a set amount of bitcoin tomorrow rather than a set amount of euro I would feel like burning something :)

It's a speculative punt, not a genuinely useful currency

Yeah dump it now - quick google screams meme stock for a dump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭crushproof

Not really.

By the looks of it you are one lucky git! What a start to your crypto trading career. Perhaps you have a gift!

Advertisement