Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Daithi40 wrote: »
    looks like Uniswap or 1inch only for exchange

I bought it using Unswap. Had to pay $8 for mining it?

I've tried to sell half it but it says liquidity issue?

Should have done some research before committing my $8 (plus $8 for the mining). I had to but ETH first and pay with that but it won't transfer back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Should have done some research before committing my $8 (plus $8 for the mining). I had to but ETH first and pay with that but it won't transfer back

Nobody wants to buy it

crushproof wrote: »
    By the looks of it you are one lucky git! What a start to your crypto trading career. Perhaps you have a gift!

No gift here.

Although an online course called
    Crypto with Maxwell has a certain ring to it 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Daithi40 wrote: »
    looks like it - from coinmarketcap just now

EthereumMax Price Today
    EthereumMax Price $0.000000289
    Price Change
    24h
    $0.000000287
    14636.01%
    24h Low / 24h High
    $0 /
    $0.00000029
    Trading Volume
    24h
    $22,527,937.35
    1507.35%
    Volume / Market Cap No Data
    Market Dominance No Data
    Market Rank #2575
    It is, it was 20301.72% earlier

For anyone unaware, it is being accepted for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight (Pay Per View)
    What is undoubtedly going to be the sh*ttest sh*tfest of a sh*t fight ever to have been arranged.

And now we have the beginning of celebrities being used to up the price (much like any commodity). Netflix will start to accept their chosen coin, Amazon etc..

https://moguldom.com/355142/nba-legend-paul-pierce-im-good-after-espn-fired-me-making-more-money-on-ethereum-max-crypto/

fritzelly wrote: »
    Nobody wants to buy it

Right!
    I'll put the second tin of cider back in the fridge so. That's enough excitement for one night 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Right!
    I'll put the second tin of cider back in the fridge so. That's enough excitement for one night ��

I spat out my beer - as they say, practice makes perfect or is it fool me once...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

quinneerr wrote: »
    Anyone that talks price in € and not $ is to be dismissed without hesitation, the markets are priced in $* world wide, the buy and sell orders are placed in $*, the support and resistance prices are also in $*, making trades based on any other currency is a way to miss out on pumps and get caught in dumps.

*Have not forgot about BTC pairs, but that would be considered advanced trading for too many round here to include it.

I have only used € to buy with. I have always followed the € price and never use anything else in discussions. Two digit post count blow in's trying to define protocols, now they might be something to be dismissive of.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just sell smaller amounts. Play around with it and find a smaller amount that swaps successfully. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

cnocbui wrote: »
    I have only used € to buy with. I have always followed the € price and never use anything else in discussions. Two digit post count blow in's trying to define protocols, now they might be something to be dismissive of.

Everything Quineer says is correct though. And I think you will find most, if not all, the serious and long term investors/traders use $. There's a reason for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SkyRevNet

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Everything Quineer says is correct though. And I think you will find most, if not all, the serious and long term investors/traders use $. There's a reason for that.

He literally said that anyone that talks in € terms instead of $ terms needs to be dismissed immediately. Absolute utter elitist nonsense.

Assets movements are based on commercials. If you understand the commercials, it's irrelevant whether you quote, on an Irish public forum, $ or € prices.

• Advertisement

crushproof wrote: »
    By the looks of it you are one lucky git! What a start to your crypto trading career. Perhaps you have a gift!

i was almost lucky, the first day i set up binance and lodged some money in, my euro balance was showing 11million for some reason 🀣🀣 still have no idea what happened was refreshing page for few mins. then was contemplating buyin lots of coins but then disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

BTC just dropped below 29,400

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

BTC & ETH look very weak going into the weekend. I may get stopped out of both. Plan is still to buy in lower but I don't know how low prices can go either...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

shawki wrote: »
    BTC just dropped below 29,400

When it gets back to €3k I'll buy 1000 worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

SkyRevNet wrote: »
    He literally said that anyone that talks in € terms instead of $ terms needs to be dismissed immediately. Absolute utter elitist nonsense.

Assets movements are based on commercials. If you understand the commercials, it's irrelevant whether you quote, on an Irish public forum, $ or € prices.

Your quantification of "movement" is, by definition, given in terms of your choice of numeraire.

Suppose I bought two identical fungible assets one year ago today. I paid 1 Euro for one and 1.11 USD for the other. Equivalent price at the spot rate. I put them in my pocket and mix them up so I can't tell them apart.

I sell both today. One for 1.15 USD and one for for 0.94 EUR. Equivalent price at the spot rate.

Are your "commercials" up or down? In other words have I made money or lost money? I haven't told you who I am or where I live etc. Have a think about it and come back to me.

You can also google things like Siegel's paradox.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Bitcoin futures expiry day.

Dropping like clockwork.

Your quantification of "movement" is, by definition, given in terms of your choice of numeraire.

Suppose I bought two identical fungible assets one year ago today. I paid 1 Euro for one and 1.11 USD for the other. Equivalent price at the spot rate. I put them in my pocket and mix them up so I can't tell them apart.

I sell both today. One for 1.15 USD and one for for 0.94 EUR. Equivalent price at the spot rate.

Are your "commercials" up or down? In other words have I made money or lost money? I haven't told you who I am or where I live etc. Have a think about it and come back to me.

You can also google things like Siegel's paradox.

You're over-analysing a very simple point I'm trying to make, that "dismissing" someone's insights becuase they focus on € changes over $ changes is ****ing nonsensical and pure eltism.

The people here are generally not "day traders" and invest for long term gains. Naturally, they are not overly concerned about €/$ exchange rates. They are more concerned with the commercial/economic fundamentals of the asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm in BTC since early 2016. I'm fairly serious about it. What he said is true for some people, for others like me it isn't. I doubt many people here are transferring funds to and from exchanges in US$.

You're over-analysing a very simple point I'm trying to make, that "dismissing" someone's insights becuase they focus on € changes over $ changes is ****ing nonsensical and pure eltism.

The people here are generally not "day traders" and invest for long term gains. Naturally, they are not overly concerned about €/$ exchange rates. They are more concerned with the commercial/economic fundamentals of the asset.

Mathematically, if you explain your asset dynamics in one (risk neutral) numeraire and then want to move to another, your volatility will be the same but you will get a quanto adjustment to your original drift.That covariance term can easily give you a model which describes an increase in one numeraire and a decrease in another despite being on the same underlying. (As an aside, it is that quanto adjustment which mathematically resolves Siegel's paradox).

Anyway, some pen pusher in a 9-5 public sector county council job who downloaded a crytpo app and now thinks they are Warren Buffet will be along shortly to declare the above basic 101 as wrong or clueless :pac:

Edit: Just to add, you can use whatever numeraire you like. Euro, US dollar, tins-of-beans. Whatever you like. But the dynamics will not be the same. So that will affect how your view your "commericals" if I understand correctly what I think you are referring to by that term

Mathematically, if you explain your asset dynamics in one (risk neutral) numeraire and then want to move to another, your volatility will be the same but you will get a quanto adjustment to your original drift.That covariance term can easily give you a model which describes an increase in one numeraire and a decrease in another despite being on the same underlying. (As an aside, it is that quanto adjustment which mathematically resolves Siegel's paradox).

Anyway, some pen pusher in a 9-5 public sector county council job who downloaded a crytpo app and now thinks they are Warren Buffet will be along shortly to declare the above basic 101 as clueless :pac:

Again, you're missing the point, so I'll rephrase. Are you in agreement with the previous poster that the insights of someone that quotes their holding & PnL in euro terms is to be instantly dismissed?

Just as an FYI, those pen pushers provide a real, tangible public service. Which can't be said of huge swathes of the trading market.

If you're investing in an asset you believe will increase 500% over 5-10 years, as some people here seem to think, you're not going to be overly concerned about €/$ price movements bar a catastrophe.

• Advertisement

Again, you're missing the point, so I'll rephrase. Are you in agreement with the previous poster that the insights of someone that quotes their holding & PnL in euro terms is to be instantly dismissed?

Just as an FYI, those pen pushers provide a real, tangible public service. Which can't be said of huge swathes of the trading market.

If you're investing in an asset you believe will increase 500% over 5-10 years, as some people here seem to think, you're not going to be overly concerned about €/$ price movements bar a catastrophe.

I never opined on what they can or can't choose. I already edited my post to say that before I saw your response. One can use whatever one wants.

I was merely commenting on your point about "movement" and pointing out that the quantification of "movement" is affected by the choice of numeraire.

I gave a simple example to show a case where from one perspective an asset "increased" but from another perspective it "decreased" just to illustrate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Why has this thread descended into nothing more than straw man arguments and semantics?

I never opined on what they can or can't choose. I already edited my post to say that before I saw your response. One can use whatever one wants.

I was merely commenting on your point about "movement" and pointing out that the quantification of "movement" is affected by the choice of numeraire.

I gave a simple example to show a case where from one perspective an asset "increased" but from another perspective it "decreased" just to illustrate

So basically you've ignored the main point I tried to make and you're nit-picking on semantics. I probably should have used the word "economics" instead of "commercials". Point being that if someone has a fundamental understanding of a market (crytpo market in this case), it's far more valuable that whether or not they quote in $/€ on an Irish forum.

cc87 wrote: »
    Why has this thread descended into nothing more than straw man arguments and semantics?

Welcome to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Welcome to the internet

How dare you, so you're saying that we're all using straw man arguments then because we use the internet?

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Jesus, I don't know why you've got so hung up on this point.

He was clearly being sarcastic about being dismisive of people, and I was obviously talking about his reasoning as to why one should focus on $ rather than € being legitimate.

So basically you've ignored the main point I tried to make and you're nit-picking on semantics. I probably should have used the word "economics" instead of "commercials". Point being that if someone has a fundamental understanding of a market (crytpo market in this case), it's far more valuable that whether or not they quote in $/€ on an Irish forum.

It's not semantics and the point still stands regardless of what word you use. I am sure there will be a few that understand my post.

But no matter. Best of luck with whatever you do.

It's not semantics and the point still stands regardless of what word you use. I am sure there will be a few that understand my post.

But no matter. Best of luck with whatever you do.

Your point is easily understood. It's just irrelevant to the one I was making. But, as you say, no matter. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Still unsure if people are excited...

Dippedy do-dah dippedy yay, time to buy more btc today... ?

(I might wait a bit :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

cnocbui wrote: »

Yourself and the 9 who thanked you are making a rookie mistake, one that you all have now been made aware of, if you decide to continue down that path good luck, you will need it.

Advertisement