Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

This is interesting for anyone who had their info taken in the Ledger hack
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/nmfws6/last_night_i_was_the_victim_of_a_sim_swap/

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Suckit wrote: »
    Still unsure if people are excited...

Dippedy do-dah dippedy yay, time to buy more btc today... ?

(I might wait a bit :pac: )

I'm more excited by dips atm while the memestocks are all running hard. But yeah, this is going to be an absolutely whopper summer for Crypto between all the social catalysts for individual coins, the institutional buy-ins on a previously unforseen scale, and EIP-1559 for ETH (although it may somewhat be at BSC/BNBs and even ADAs slight demise).

ATM just waiting on the sidelines for some direct-listing flips in the safter marketcap range. In the very short-term trying to see if MATIC gets below 0.95 as it retraces, and watching UNI/ANKR for other quick flips at varying price levels. BAKE and the swap coins going mad as well atm; timing is just the question, particularly with transaction costs these days. But yeah, be excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Badly fukt wrote: »
    This is interesting for anyone who had their info taken in the Ledger hack
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/nmfws6/last_night_i_was_the_victim_of_a_sim_swap/

Thankfully that can't happen with anything remotely like the same prevalence over here, even with Social Engineering attacks, due to some of the processes in place. It's actually shocking how frequently that happens in the states, you literally can't use SMS for anything to do with 2FA over there. But a very good bit of advice for OpSec generally - particularly in relation to crypto where you want as many layers of defense as possible as per the swiss cheese model.

I'm surprised that the exchanges at this point don't use an app based/strong authentication approach with timed keys like Symantec VIP at this point; the money involved certainly merits it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Everything Quineer says is correct though. And I think you will find most, if not all, the serious and long term investors/traders use $. There's a reason for that.

Everything globally is traded in dollars, Oil, Coffee, Steel, Gold you name it, its traded in Dollars, but a few geniuses around here do their trading in Euro, real big brains catching every pump and avoiding every dump.
    Its just means the are all buying their Crypto with Coinbase, they display the value in whatever the local currency is, and as we know Coinbase is where most first start to dabble in Crypto, so draw your own conclusions to their trading experience.

SkyRevNet wrote: »
    He literally said that anyone that talks in € terms instead of $ terms needs to be dismissed immediately. Absolute utter elitist nonsense.

Dude i'm trying to help you out here, Crypto is traded worldwide in $$$$$, forget about Euros until you are cashing out, you will get burned if you don't pay attention to the Dollar price movement up and down.
    No market movers are setting buy or sell orders at Euro prices, its all done in $$$

• Advertisement

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Thankfully that can't happen with anything remotely like the same prevalence over here, even with Social Engineering attacks, due to some of the processes in place. It's actually shocking how frequently that happens in the states, you literally can't use SMS for anything to do with 2FA over there. But a very good bit of advice for OpSec generally - particularly in relation to crypto where you want as many layers of defense as possible as per the swiss cheese model.

I'm surprised that the exchanges at this point don't use an app based/strong authentication approach with timed keys like Symantec VIP at this point; the money involved certainly merits it.

Most if not all of my exchanges use time based keys, I'm certain none use SMS. I use bitwarden for all mine

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

quinneerr wrote: »
    Yourself and the 9 who thanked you are making a rookie mistake, one that you all have now been made aware of, if you decide to continue down that path good luck, you will need it.

Got any advice on how to suck eggs?

cnocbui wrote: »
    Got any advice on how to suck eggs?

I will leave you and your underlings to make your mistakes in full public view
    never-argue-with-stupid-people-mark-twain.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...you will get burned if you don't pay attention to the Dollar price movement up and down.

I'd agree about using $ as the default denomination or at least using the € symbol when just mentioning a random number but bear in mind some of us (including the guy you're castigating) aren't trading vs fiat or at all. Dollar. Euro. Makes no difference. Just buy more.

I only trade in ETH terms & I'd rather a 10x against ETH at a spot price of $100 than a 9x against ETH at spot price of $10k despite that being worth much more money, because now I have more ETH. Different strokes, no need to get in a tizzy or presume everybody has to play a game by your ruleset.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SkyRevNet

I will leave you and your underlings to make your mistakes in full public view
    never-argue-with-stupid-people-mark-twain.jpg

If your plan is to buy more, hold, and realise 5x or 10x gains (which is what pretty mch the community mantra here) then it's irrelevant whether you are € or $ focused.

THe fact that you are happy to make broad inflammatory statements and castigate individual posters for something as irrelevant as the above, says more about you than them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

So anyway, what do you think we're gonna see over this long weekend? I still think that BTC and ETH look very vulnerable to more dips atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

weemcd wrote: »
    So anyway, what do you think we're gonna see over this long weekend? I still think that BTC and ETH look very vulnerable to more dips atm.

Sorry for the bad news but the long weekend is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

shawki wrote: »

Not in US or UK. Memorial day weekend and May Bank Holiday respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,345 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

shawki wrote: »

Well Monday is Memorial Day in the US. Markets will be closed then.

Although you could be right in thinking that maybe Ireland having a day off the following weekend might affect markets more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

weemcd wrote: »
    Not in US or UK. Memorial day weekend and May Bank Holiday respectively.

Ah that’s why I’m not a professional trader, my bank holidays are in €.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think we should switch to driving on the right side of the road and change the flag to something snazzier - red, white and blue, with maybe some stars and stripes would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

This $/€ conversation is hilarious! I buy and sell all my crypto in local currency but always check prices in USD because that's what all the media and most forums talk in.

Nothing wrong with talking in €, especially on an irish forum but it's very hard to follow multiple different currencies in a thread so I tend to glaze over any prices in €.

Do you also convert your share prices to € too? I never see anyone mentioning TSLA shares for €500 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭td2008

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Looks to going up now fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jeff2 wrote: »

Reel in the buyers before crashing again - weekend traders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You'd be mad to buy before Sunday, it will plummet like always

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

ShaneU wrote: »

Before Monday this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Eh? it didn't move?
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Thrown up a graph of these sunday drops

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

FFVII wrote: »
    Eh? it didn't move?

Thrown up a graph of these sunday drops

Not saying anything either way.... But could be worth a search.
    'sunday dip'
    add btc, bitcoin, crypto, etc.. (I think even without adding them you may get similar results)
    I thought it was a pretty well known thing.
    Whether or not it's true could be answered by the same person that can tell you the maximum amount that anyone can make out of crypto..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

cnocbui wrote: »
    I think we should switch to driving on the right side of the road and change the flag to something snazzier - red, white and blue, with maybe some stars and stripes would be good.
    2PxsGrG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

crushproof wrote: »
    By the looks of it you are one lucky git! What a start to your crypto trading career. Perhaps you have a gift!

I'm still riding that luck. Emax to the moon! :D:D:eek:

Couldn't figure out how to sell the coins but realised what I needed to do on UniSwap. I had been trying to buy more of them with the same coin. Newbie!

Anyway lucky I only figured it out this morning. I just sold $400 (I'll take dollars or Euro :D) and the balance is now $1,489. Not bad for an $8 investment and an $8.28 Mining fee.

Now I'm going to sit on the balance until just before the Mayweather v Logan Paul fight and probably cash out.

And more than likely end my Crypto adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Just bought a small bag more of ADA, sure be rude not to at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

My Blockfolio app has stopped working, most peaceful day ive had in weeks.

• Advertisement

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Just bought a small bag more of ADA, sure be rude not to at that price.

It'll probably drop further by Tuesday being a long weekend in the States. I'm waiting until Monday :p

Advertisement