Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Badly fukt wrote: »
    It'll probably drop further by Tuesday being a long weekend in the States. I'm waiting until Monday :p
    I was thinking the same thing. I went to buy, and just before I made the purchase I remembered which direction everything is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Prediction is a bigger fall tomorrow - well the indications point to it then maybe a buy time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I did think about holding off but decided to buy now and relax for the rest of the weekend. Otherwise I'd be glued to the phone waiting for a further drop. Bought my bag at $1.33 so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Hi, Charles Hoskinson broadcasting live from warm sunny Colorado, always warm always sunny - sometimes Colorado.

Definitely going to take a month or two for recovery. In Cardano news, Charles speaks the truth and tries to comfort you until Alonzo. HODL ADA religiously :)

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Is there any decent youtubers people follow - most I've found are blowing their own trumpets or changing their minds every few hours or say buy this and a week later say don't touch this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

fritzelly wrote: »
    Is there any decent youtubers people follow - most I've found are blowing their own trumpets or changing their minds every few hours or say buy this and a week later say don't touch this

The only ones I've found worth watching are Benjamin Cowen, InvestAnswers and CoinBureau. Anyone else I've seen just does ridiculous hopium TA and use cringe thumbnails making stupid over exaggerated faces

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    The only ones I've found worth watching are Benjamin Cowen, InvestAnswers and CoinBureau. Anyone else I've seen just does ridiculous hopium TA and use cringe thumbnails making stupid over exaggerated faces
    A good rule of thumb for all Youtube channels, is to avoid the ones that rely on youtube subscribers/views to make a living.

Suckit wrote: »
    A good rule of thumb for all Youtube channels, is to avoid the ones that rely on youtube subscribers/views to make a living.

Like BitBoy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Absolutely none. Some start as educators (InvestAnswers) etc but all ultimately end up shilling referral links. That’s their goal from the outset. Good investors / traders don’t need to make YouTube channels.

Absolutely none. Some start as educators (InvestAnswers) etc but all ultimately end up shilling referral links. That’s their goal from the outset. Good investors / traders don’t need to make YouTube channels.

Not sure I'd entirely agree with that considering how lucrative YouTube is and that plenty of people would see it as an additional revenue source while growing their overall brand/profile which benefits them long-term, just look at the fact that the likes of Will Smith and Jack Black do YouTube these days; actors don't need to make YouTube channels for the same reason you'd think good traders don't (they're already loaded) yet there they are

Once you upload a YouTube video as well it's there for as long as you leave it listed, gathering views over time which contributes more and more revenue. Since they're into investing anyway, they obviously enjoy talking.about it so it's not much effort to take advantage of it - InvestAnswers for example has great qualifications and experience and his videos are really simple to put together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

This "Guy" is very good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vZmJx8yv10

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

Guy at coinbureau is good if painfully English, and Benjamin Cowen is good. Both of them are adament they can't predict the market short term and as Cowen paraphrases 'All models are wrong, some are useful'

HGVRHKYY wrote: »

+1 on coin bureau. Does decent concise explanations of new coins or concepts without nonsense predictions.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I did think about holding off but decided to buy now and relax for the rest of the weekend. Otherwise I'd be glued to the phone waiting for a further drop. Bought my bag at $1.33 so happy enough.

You got it right looks like i missed my chance to top up my bag

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

No need to worry lads..,, just zoom out..lol

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    No need to worry lads..,, just zoom out..lol
    Only reason I'm worried (if at all) is because it's going up. :D

I want the bigger dip. Hopefully tonight/tomorrow. Then maybe a month or so of more sideways movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Same, raging lol

Another drop can't be too far off though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I'm right for now, I could easily be wrong this time tomorrow :)

Anyone use 3Commas?

Thought I'd have a play with it today and threw a whole 20 euro at it - not sure how it all works but I'm up 0.07$ woohoo

I need to figure out how these bots work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Anyone use 3Commas?

Thought I'd have a play with it today and threw a whole 20 euro at it - not sure how it all works but I'm up 0.07$ woohoo

I need to figure out how these bots work

Yeah I've been using it for a while, Matic was the best performer for DCA a few months ago.

There's some tutorials on youtube how to use it, or you can go to the marketplace and copy someone elses. You can search by metrics (performance over 10/20/90 whatever days) etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Crypto assets a great concern, says Central Bank's Rowland

The rising popularity of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin is "of great concern" according to the Central Bank's Derville Rowland.

"Crypto assets are quite a speculative, unregulated investment," and people should be "really aware they could lose the whole of that investment," the Central Bank's Director General for Financial Conduct said in an interview with Bloomberg.

Derville Rowland joins a host of central bankers who have raised the alarm on crypto investments.

Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey has warned cryptocurrencies have no intrinsic value and that people should only buy them if they're prepared to lose their money.

Link

Be very afraid people, the banks are warning us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Attention is also focused on the so-called "gamification" of stock investing, which Rowland expects to become an issue for Europe soon.

Online brokerages such as Robinhood Markets have brought a slew of mom and pop investors into the US market and critics accuse them of turning trading into a social activity.

Readers of online platforms like Reddit have played havoc with shares of firms such as GameStop and AMC Entertainment Holdings and people could be exposed if they are effectively using message boards as a substitute for investment advice.

The European Securities and Markets Authority has held discussions on the issue, as well as the Central Bank, Rowland said.

That's terrible, that people can now invest in the stock market using Robinhood.

Yeah stick to stocks and shares, guaranteed to not lose money eh

Bet he already owns some BTC

"Readers of online platforms like Reddit have played havoc with shares of firms such as GameStop and AMC"

Right, so it's regular people and not the hedge funds naked shorting that are 'reaking havoc', prick

I don't understand the gamification angle. Does robinhood have achievements? Surely not

Not sure but would think Robinhood will be hoping the EU market saves them. After the GME debacle they are largely unliked and unwanted in the US.
    Regarding BTC or crypto, it's advised not to use Robinhood also, as you are not in control of your keys. Robinhood doesn't allow to withdraw it either. You can only buy it and sell it back to yourself with their fees.

It's all true though. I mean unless you think advice like "to the moon" and "hodl" from self described "crayon eating retards" is sound advice.

I'm also holding a bag of near worthless cryptos, very hard to see myself breaking even at the stage.

But on the other hand, whats it got to do with her? Mind your own business springs to mind :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I don't understand the gamification angle. Does robinhood have achievements? Surely not

If you sell stocks for a profit, when it goes through, the app pops up with balloons and confetti, looks like a slot machine game from Paddy Power. It looks stupid, and drives old money crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

As I touch my wood here I can't help but be delighted with bitcoin and ethers performance through this correction. I was fully expecting bitcoin to drop to €20-25 level and ether to drop to €1000 level as a realistic worst case. I know it's early days yet but each day that passes my confidence grows. I sold all my sh*tcoins in the crash and will look to put it all back into bitcoin and ether only over the next few weeks/months.

Disclaimer - I am a crayon eating retard so don't take this as financial advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement