Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Those quotes are all accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Does it matter that a central bank states facts about crypto?

It is less regulated and you can have losses, but based on the last financial crash, being regulated doesn't save anyone if the market swings.

We all know its highly volatile, we know there will be winners and losers and we all accept that a few people/organisations have way too much power to swing a market.

If you are in for the long run then little of this should matter, and if you are short term volatility is the thing you want surely?

It made bloomberg news as well: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-31/crypto-assets-a-great-concern-says-central-bank-enforcer?srnd=premium-europe

They're really digging for negative news when they start reporting on the Irish central Bank. It doesn't even control its own currency.

All signs could be pointing to a bottom both in the media's ability to peddle the negativity and in the actual prices ability to go any lower. No coincidence in that connection either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,345 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The issue with the Banks here was that they were not properly regulated.

Regulation is a protection for the end consumer and society as a whole. Nobody claims it's infallible. But you need it. When there are mistakes, lessons are hopefully learned and regulations are improved (e.g. SOX after Enron et. al)

In emerging markets, one of the difficulties with getting capital investment, especially in locally denominated capital, is the lack of regulation and proper systems there. That is a huge part of the reason why those markets suffer a dearth of investment.

(That blockchain can actually fill that gap for some things and uses is a different matter)

Less regulation is great for the big players when they can take advantage of loopholes to exploit an otherwise robust system. Less regulation is not good when there is not a functioning system.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Another 500,000 sats just put into cold storage.

In other news, MARATHON have bent the knee and are now signalling for taproot and are not going to censor / filter transactions.

F**k around with bitcoiners and find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,345 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

July 19th.

Marathon became snickers
    Ice age ended

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

July 19th.

Ice age ended

You can't be that accurate about when the ice age ended.

You better check the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Want to send my Eth from Binance to my ledger hard wallet. I've only ever sent small amounts before, so never really considered fees but does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the fees when sending from Binance to my ledger?

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

500,000 sats = €148

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Not that i'm recommending Revolut but they have added 11 new cryptos to their app including ADA, ALGO, LRC, MATIC, UNI.

• Advertisement

quinneerr wrote: »
    500,000 sats = €148

You may laugh now, but I was stacking around between €150/300 a week on average for the past 3 years. How has that worked out. :)

Not including the few thousands on the covid dip etc.

Anyway, that’s a FIAT mindset you have there. You must be in it for the short term dollarydoo gains.

1 BTC = 1 BTC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

shawki wrote: »
    Not that i'm recommending Revolut but they have added 11 new cryptos to their app including ADA, ALGO, LRC, MATIC, UNI.

Is it still a case where you don't really own the coin with them and it's just a trade price they offer against the crypto price? Remember buying bitcoin a while back and realized then that I couldn't send it anywhere because there was nothing to really send.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

shawki wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure ADA is there a while. Not sure about the others. I know my mother was asking about ADA a month or two back and she put on €50 - €100 for a bit of a flutter.
    She definitely only uses Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure ADA is there a while. Not sure about the others. I know my mother was asking about ADA a month or two back and she put on €50 - €100 for a bit of a flutter.
    She definitely only uses Revolut.

Yep ADA is there months

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

July 19th.

Marathon became snickers
    Ice age ended

Don't know why everyone is going on about the last ice age ending, it's the one just about to kick off that you should worry about. People will be huddled around their bitcoin mining rigs, grateful for the warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I'm out of gold medals but if someone deserved it, it's you.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I'm out of gold medals but if someone deserved it, it's you.

A gold star will do either thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Where was the sunday dip?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

FFVII wrote: »
    Where was the sunday dip?
    Dropped Sunday night and went back up Monday. Look at the chart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There was a bit of a Sunday dip, but I would hazard a guess that Bank Holiday weekends may differ slightly anyway.
    I saw some charts disproving it, and other trying to prove it, but they seem to unanimously agree that Sunday is always worse than Saturday anyway.
    The charts trying to prove either couldn't really be that accurate anyway, as they don't take holiday around the world into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

https://mobile.twitter.com/intocryptoverse/status/1399849337253888003

Money aside, it's actually going to be really interesting to see how the rest of this cycle does play out in the end. Think Ben could be onto something when he talks about the lengthening cycles and diminishing returns. How would 2024/2025 play out if we don't see this cycle's top until mid or late 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 39,256 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

As I touch my wood here...

:eek:

I can't help but be delighted with bitcoin and ethers performance through this correction. I was fully expecting bitcoin to drop to €20-25 level and ether to drop to €1000 level as a realistic worst case. I know it's early days yet but each day that passes my confidence grows. I sold all my sh*tcoins in the crash and will look to put it all back into bitcoin and ether only over the next few weeks/months.

Disclaimer - I am a crayon eating retard so don't take this as financial advice.

If you are expecting it to drop to half it's current price, why would you start back into it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

I'm joining KuCoin who wants a referral?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭td2008

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Mellor wrote: »
    :eek:

If you are expecting it to drop to half it's current price, why would you start back into it now?

Because he was expecting it to fall further and it hasn't?

Seems to have found a stable holding level as it did earlier in the year in the €18 - €20K range. I think once the Chinese miners find somewhere to relocate to or sell their gear to foreigners, and the CO2 extinction hysteria morons quiten down, we might see some more positive moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It's ok, the crash is over

Dogecoin up 37% today, has tailed off back to 30% now.

Good ole crypto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

It's ok, the crash is over

Dogecoin up 37% today, has tailed off back to 30% now.

Good ole crypto

Was that due to its potential joining new exchanges?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

No sure it will be getting anyone excited, but it looks like SF are trying to get the EU to strongly regulate crypto: https://cointelegraph.com/news/irish-mep-calls-for-stringent-crypto-regulations-in-europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Bob24 wrote: »
    No sure it will be getting anyone excited, but it looks like SF are trying to get the EU to strongly regulate crypto: https://cointelegraph.com/news/irish-mep-calls-for-stringent-crypto-regulations-in-europe

Can't they stick to pretending to solve the housing crisis?

Advertisement