Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I have no idea what you guys are on about. My mum came out of retirement twice as a nurse because of the boredom. I thought Covid-19 had shown people that retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Different strokes I guess. I enjoyed the lockdowns, but social people seemed to be in a heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

I have no idea what you guys are on about. My mum came out of retirement twice as a nurse because of the boredom. I thought Covid-19 had shown people that retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Everyone's different obv but the idea of coming out of retirement due to 'boredom' is crazy to me. Work to live and not live to work, etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

grindle wrote: »
    Different strokes I guess. I enjoyed the lockdowns, but social people seemed to be in a heap.
    Yeah any introverts I've spoken to said it suited them. Although now there is the problem of post-lockdown anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

cnocbui wrote: »
    He didn't see the value in Amazon either. Someone else at Berkshire H. cottoned on to that one and made the investment. Probably twisted his arm on Apple too.

I don't lionise him and hes far from stupid, he's got some good things to say, but I think his areas of expertise ceased to be as important as they were in the past, around the 80's. He could and should have retired 20 years ago. I simply can't comprehend why anyone over 60 who has billions under their belt, stays busy trying to make as many more billions as they can, instead of blowing $500 M on a superyacht and spending the rest of their days cruising the whole world and living it up.

Most of these mean rich men even proudly proclaim they will ensure their own children get almost nothing and they will give it all away.

The pointlessness of mega wealth.
    Apple investment wasnt him either. An underling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

And we've got another dip....

How low does BTC go? This is quite exhausting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

weemcd wrote: »

This is probably my fault as I just bought some BNB on Thursday and CRO today. Murphy's law kicked in right away from the second I bought each :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

I was just looking at the headlines in today on chain
    https://todayonchain.com/
    and thinking, nothing but good news. Look at the market, nothing but a big dip.
    I can't make out this market.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HillCloudHop

ConseyMan wrote: »
    I was just looking at the headlines in today on chain
    https://todayonchain.com/
    and thinking, nothing but good news. Look at the market, nothing but a big dip.
    I can't make out this market.

People taking profits. Others see their portfolio value dropping and also sell. Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HillCloudHop

weemcd wrote: »

10-20k is my guess followed by consolidation for a few years until the next bull market. Boring bear markets are the best time to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

10-20k is my guess followed by consolidation for a few years until the next bull market. Boring bear markets are the best time to buy.

Imagine if it dropped to 10k and never went back up. Life of cryto nobody knows what will happen.

Imagine if it dropped to 10k and never went back up. Life of cryto nobody knows what will happen.

I think that's possible for BTC, but a more useful crypto will take its place. Flippening is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭OEP

Your mum needs some hobbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Interesting news coming out about the US recovering most of the bitcoin ransom paid by Colonial for the Pipeline attack (63.7BTC of the 75BTC paid).

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

The absolute State of people here pretending some South American basket case “attempting” to make Bitcoin legal tender is amazing for Bitcoin
    And those Twitter accounts with the lazer eyes
    Embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Idioteque wrote: »
    Interesting news coming out about the US recovering most of the bitcoin ransom paid by Colonial for the Pipeline attack (63.7BTC of the 75BTC paid).

I'm kinda surprised this stuff doesn't happen more. I'm always hearing comments about how Bitcoin has records on the blockchain, and how there's transparency because of the decentralised ledger. Should this not make it easier to follow the "money"?

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    The absolute State of people here pretending some South American basket case “attempting” to make Bitcoin legal tender is amazing for Bitcoin
    Embarrassing
    Firstly it's central American, but I see it interesting for two reasons.

1. El Salvador is 2 hr flight from mainland America, same timezone. They're offering no-CGT on Crypto profits. That's gonna attract some people who have big stores of Bitcoin, some of who have crypto-companies. It's a great opportunity for a struggling nation to attract these companies and become a crypto hotspot, not to dissimilar to what Dublin has done with the tech companies. They've nothing to lose, maybe they'll attract an industry with tax treatment and the chance to live on a beach on the Pacific.

2. I read over the weekend that that when a currency is declared legal tender in the world, then it can be treated differently on balance sheets. So previously if BOI held bitcoin, it would need big reserves as it's not as liquid as cash. Now if BOI want to hold Bitcoin, it's the same as holding USD or Japanese Yen, so get more favourable tax treatment. It might make holding Bitcoin a little more attractive to corporations.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Revolut have added everyone's favourite coin to their platform, Doge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Himnydownunder

irish_goat wrote: »
    Revolut have added everyone's favourite coin to their platform, Doge.

Is it likely to raise the value of this Crypto? Crypto in the toilet this week overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Is it likely to raise the value of this Crypto? Crypto in the toilet this week overall.

Probably will cause a spike in Doge when the yanks wake up but not much else imo. Everything bleeding atm.

• Advertisement

Embarrassing

I agree the laser eyes is cringe as fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Reddit seems to be down, went to have a look at the Bitcoin sub. It's weird, the Irish Times website is also down and throwing the same error.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Reddit seems to be down, went to have a look at the Bitcoin sub. It's weird, the Irish Times website is also down and throwing the same error.
    Company that runs the plumbing of a lot of these companies "Fastly" seems to be having issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

GooglePlus wrote: »

Fastly, a company involved in hosting a large number of sites is down so everyone they provide for is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Embarrassing
    They're all jumping on now. Mexico next, just to ge the ball rolling :D
    Panamanian Politician (Or a footballer for Saint-Étienne :pac:)

https://t witter.com/gabrielsilva8_7/status/1401965129051389958?s=21
    FORBES: "If President Bukele's #Bitcoin proposal becomes law, El Salvador could become one of the most important monetary centers in the world." https://forbes.com/sites/theapoth
    This is important. And Panama cannot be left behind. If we want to be a true technology and entrepreneurship hub, we have to support cryptocurrencies We will be preparing a proposal to present at the Assembly. If you are interested in building it, you can contact me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Company that runs the plumbing of a lot of these companies "Fastly" seems to be having issues

Here's me thinking the great final hack was upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Idioteque wrote: »

I wonder what they do with the bitcoin they seize? Sell it, share it amongst themselves, lock it in an evidence bag?

Removing all this bitcoin from circulation can only serve to increase it's value no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I wonder what they do with the bitcoin they seize? Sell it, share it amongst themselves, lock it in an evidence bag?

Removing all this bitcoin from circulation can only serve to increase it's value no?

Does it not go back to Colonial or to their insurance company if they were covered?

It was their money to begin with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bfa1509 wrote: »

They will probably just sell it to recover some of the money spent on the ransom. Why would the bitcoin be removed from circulation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

They will probably just sell it to recover some of the money spent on the ransom. Why would the bitcoin be removed from circulation?

If it was a US authority that recovered it then selling it means they see it as something that isn't a criminal asset. It gives it more legitimacy I feel.

Edit: Just see that it was with bitcoin the ransom was paid with. Nevermind.

Advertisement