Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

cnocbui wrote: »

This is pure whataboutery. Not really relevant to El Salvador news.

People will move to El Salvador to avoid CGT. That's all I'm saying. Overall it's a step in the right direction but currently it's still tied to money laundering which is a stick that crypto is constantly getting beaten with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

People will move to El Salvador to avoid CGT.

Maybe some will, but I doubt it will be that popular.

There are already many places to move to in the world if you want to avoid CGT (and not just on Bitcoin - on all assets).

I don't see El Salvador as being particularly attractive compared to already existing options.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 justtrying312

excited as hell next few weeks will be bullish.

anyone getting them 100x's on bsc? lol, hairy nipples someone called in our tg at 10 cent went to 2,40 and if u got in earlier u would of done much better, I seen another one with the same style called BellyFluffBSC 100k max supply at around 10k m cap. any good u reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'm only new to this, but I wouldn't entirely trust a digital currency called "BellyFluff".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

I'm only new to this, but I wouldn't entirely trust a digital currency called "BellyFluff".

Good for telegram pump and dumps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Badly fukt wrote: »
    Nayib Bukele 🇸🇻
    @nayibbukele
    What you see coming out of the well is pure water vapor

It's a good thing water vapour isn't a far more potent greenhous gas than CO2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

There is a huge spike of shorts opened. Most since the 2020 covid crash. Bit ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Unearthly wrote: »
    There is a huge spike of shorts opened. Most since the 2020 covid crash. Bit ominous.

Taking a punt - probably be expensive for them

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

Another 1,000,000 moved to cold storage. No choice.

Boards very own Michael Saylor, you deserve a Blue Peter badge for your heroic efforts, you keep at it and hope BTC crabs sideways or even better dumps and you will be the proud owner of one whole Bitcoin in a few years.
    Imagine that one of us here a owner of a whole Bitcoin, hard to believe, WOW! We are rolling with big players in the crypto scene, no doubt about it now.
    Blue-peter-badge.jpg

• Advertisement

Good news for crypto .
    11.jpg
    22.jpg

Bad news
    Now that El Salvador has made BTC legal tender, i expect the USA to bring them some freedom soon, remember Gaddafi and his African bank idea? Dead soon after.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/18/bukele-el-salvador-biden-human-rights-watch-authoritarianism/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/20/el-salvadors-president-launched-self-coup-watch-creeping-corruption-authoritarianism/

The only hope now is several countries follow El Salvador and do it quickly, i would expect the USA to make a example of El Salvador, Fcuk around with the Dollar and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

quinneerr wrote: »
    Boards very own Michael Saylor, you deserve a Blue Peter badge for your heroic efforts, you keep at it and hope BTC crabs sideways or even better dumps and you will be the proud owner of one whole Bitcoin in a few years.
    Imagine that one of us here a owner of a whole Bitcoin, hard to believe, WOW! We are rolling with big players in the crypto scene, no doubt about it now.
    Blue-peter-badge.jpg

You must be new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Blue-peter-badge.jpg

The poster you are quoting and attempting to embarrass (poorly) is a long time poster here and is actually retired due to their BTC investments.

No need for the condescending attitude.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The poster you are quoting and attempting to embarrass (poorly) is a long time poster here and is actually retired due to their BTC investments.

No need for the condescending attitude.

Your correct, i was just told to play nice with others on line by Scarlett Johansson as she cuddles up beside me in bed.
    Anyone can make any statement online, someone bragging about a few hundred euro BTC purchase is pathetic, people here spending that on Uniswap fees, you don't see them bragging about it, if he is such a player post a screen shot of his buy orders on the exchange, it wont reveal who they are, I wont be holding my breath waiting
    1507398570155_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1569202904

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Honestly if you're a bit butthurt over being wrong its probably best to skulk off and be forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Your correct, i was just told to play nice with others on line by Scarlett Johansson as she cuddles up beside me in bed.
    Anyone can make any statement online, someone bragging about a few hundred euro BTC purchase is pathetic, people here spending that on Uniswap fees, you don't see them bragging about it, if he is such a player post a screen shot of his buy orders on the exchange, it wont reveal who they are, I wont be holding my breath waiting
    1507398570155_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1569202904

Like he said, you must be new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Volumes picking up and millions of shorts liquidated

Not much has made me smile in crypto for a month but I can raise a glass with those liquidations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Unearthly wrote: »
    Volumes picking up and millions of shorts liquidated

Not much has made me smile in crypto for a month but I can raise a glass with those liquidations

Where do I see short data and the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Where do I see short data and the likes?

https://www.bybt.com/LongShortRatio

https://twitter.com/BXRekt for live examples from Bitmex

You must be new here.
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Like he said, you must be new here.
    I see nothing gets past you two, very observant, aware of everything
    a.png
    Me being new doesn't change the fact that him boasting about acquiring a miserable amount of sats like its a baller move screams Little Dick Energy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

a.png
    Me being new doesn't change the fact that him boasting about acquiring a miserable amount of sats like its a baller move screams Little Dick Energy.

I'm pretty sure it's done tongue in cheek and as a mention of buying small amounts during dips, which will someday accumulate to something more substantial.

There's nothing that screams "Little Dick Energy" half as much as what you're doing right now, it seems like you're just angry at the world.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Another 100,000 sats acquired and put into cold storage.

Cost me just over €30.

I remember not so long ago it would have cost me €5 for the same amount.

Wonder how much € I’ll be paying to acquire 100,000 sats in another 3/4 years.

I guess I’ll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Literally the only person who cares is you. Oh, and DirkDangler of the convenient sabbatical :D

Maybe the pair of you could find a Baller VIP Cigar Lounge elsewhere that better suits your needs. A magic land where the bitter lemon flows freely, the decimal places on your bitcoins are few, and people respect and admire your insights.

Because it sure ain't going to happen here.

Cost me just over €30.

Wonder how much € I’ll be paying to acquire 100,000 sats in another 3/4 years.

I guess I’ll let you know.

I really appreciate the conversion to euro

a.png

He's not boasting, he's giving a running demonstration, and a good one at that, of how DCAing works and why it's a very sound strategem.

The size is irrelevant - the longest journey begins with but a single step - he's been on the road a good while now, so the pot is probably anything but miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SummerK

Cost me just over €30.

When you say put in to cold storage does that mean moved to a wallet like exodus or ledger?

I have roughly 10,000,000 SATS bough in the last couple of months on Binance & Bitstamp a/c together and both are charging me money to move my coins to a wallet. I thought of selling bit stamp one's and move money to binance and buy again but volatility in price is telling me not to do :P

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

a.png

Dollar cost averaging is a great way to accumulate bit by bit, if someone's consistently buying €100-200 per week that adds up fairly well over the space of a year, and if done during bear markets results in a substantial accumulation of crypto. I personally prefer to stop buying when we're well into a bull run and save that money I'd otherwise DCA so I can make larger buys during bear markets when the price is crashed low

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

cnocbui wrote: »
    He's not boasting, he's giving a running demonstration, and a good one at that, of how DCAing works and why it's a very sound strategem.

Or sunken cost fallacy.

Someone endlessly bleating about buying during a bull run when stuff was 20x or 30x cheaper last year doesn't strike me as a "sound strategem".

These types were banging on and on all the way down in 2018 ("BuY tHe DiP"), when they were finally silent, that was, of course, the best time to buy. DCA or not.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Or sunken cost fallacy.

Someone endlessly bleating about buying during a bull run when stuff was 20x or 30x cheaper last year doesn't strike me as a "sound strategem".

These types were banging on and on all the way down in 2018 ("BuY tHe DiP"), when they were finally silent, that was, of course, the best time to buy. DCA or not.

Sunken cost fallacy means you believe Bitcoin will never have another bull run; or two or three.

Personally I think it will. Bitcoin is prone to the dramatic and volatile swings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Or sunken cost fallacy.

The user you're posting about was making these posts at levels a lot lower than this going back years, before this forum existed in fact, he was also talking having to move to Portugal back when BTC broke 20k iirc so I doubt he's crying himself to sleep at night, why get so worked up about someone announcing their trades beforehand? Id rather see that than the ridiculous amounts of amazing hindsight trading that goes on in here by certain people after every big move.

Advertisement