Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

cnocbui wrote: »

In that case its a good option then for long term holding. The selection isn't bad infairness either

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Revolut is perfect for myself and a small target audience. I've a small amount invested that I can afford to leave sit and get a return at some point hopefully. I know I can't move it and fees apply, but it's money I can afford to lose. As a metaphor, it's like buying a computer in PC World, you'll pay over the odds, but get what you need. If you know what you're doing, you can build the same computer for cheaper, but higher risk of messing up the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Im pretty sure you dont actually own the crypto you buy on Revolut so no thanks, not looking safer for me. Try and move your crypto from Revolut to a cold wallet see how successful you are.

Fees are a disgrace as well, money that could otherwise go towards getting a bit more crypto

• Registered Users Posts: 18,059 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Fees are a disgrace as well, money that could otherwise go towards getting a bit more crypto

Still 1000x better than a newcomer trying to setup a crypto wallet, buying online at an exchange, keeping the wallet updated, making sure to remember passwords in years to come, staying on top of coin swaps, making sure to protect against malware and all that.

There's a reason people don't keep cash under mattresses anymore. Very few actually want to "be their own bank". In crypto it's even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

How much are the fees? Are they comparable to loading fiat onto an exchange and then moving the crypto off to a wallet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Still 1000x better than a newcomer trying to setup a crypto wallet, buying online at an exchange, keeping the wallet updated, making sure to remember passwords in years to come, staying on top of coin swaps, making sure to protect against malware and all that.

There's a reason people don't keep cash under mattresses anymore. Very few actually want to "be their own bank". In crypto it's even worse.

I must be weird, I do nearly everything you say people don't, except the cash isn't literally under the mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Jeff2

AFAIK the standard Revolut account it free and you don't own the coin but if you pay for premium accounts €7.99 a month you can transfer it.
    Or it might be metal account that is €13.99

They charged things about two months or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jeff2 wrote: »
    AFAIK the standard Revolut account it free and you don't own the coin but if you pay for premium accounts €7.99 a month you can transfer it.
    Or it might be metal account that is €13.99

They charged things about two months or so ago.

That's a bit of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Jeff2

fritzelly wrote: »
    That's a bit of a joke

Well in theory I could buy ETH in Revolut app on standard plan every so often and when I want to transfer coin it I can upgrade to paid plan then transfer then cancel paid plan with in 14 days.

So it would cost little to do that.

If you use one of the main exchanges like Coinbase or Kraken and a 2 factor authentication app, with a really strong, unique password on both the exchange and your email, your crypto will be perfectly safe. It's only when you buy large amounts that storing them offline becomes something to worry about

• Advertisement

If you use one of the main exchanges like Coinbase or Kraken and a 2 factor authentication app, with a really strong, unique password on both the exchange and your email, your crypto will be perfectly safe. It's only when you buy large amounts that storing them offline becomes something to worry about

The Coinbase fees have to be higher than Revolut for a start, I've spent a mini fortune on them over the years. To be honest with you, at this stage, after all the crap I've been through with crypto over the past 8 or so years, Revolut isn't such a bad idea, especially for the newcomer. It's also, quite possibly, one of the reasons the last bull went so high, accessibility and ease of use for the average punter.

The Coinbase fees have to be higher than Revolut for a start, I've spent a mini fortune on them over the years. To be honest with you, at this stage, after all the crap I've been through with crypto over the past 8 or so years, Revolut isn't such a bad idea, especially for the newcomer. It's also, quite possibly, one of the reasons the last bull went so high, accessibility and ease of use for the average punter.

Coinbase Pro brings the fees down to a flat 0.5% trading fee

Coinbase Pro brings the fees down to a flat 0.5% trading fee

Yeah I heard that but was too lazy to check, what's the trade-off?

Yeah I heard that but was too lazy to check, what's the trade-off?

Nothing really, if you have a Coinbase account you have a Coinbase pro account, the layout is just different as it's designed for trading more so than casual buys, but you can obviously just make straightforward buys with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Revolut is good for a starter, then you upgrade to Kraken (like I did, and then things went to pot).

But anyway, Revolut need to be much, much more proactive about informing you that you need to disclose to Revenue and pay CGT. Lots of people, I think, don't realise you need to. Or don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Have decided to move the bulk of my crypto away from the exchange finally and onto cold storage. I've about €1000 that I'm happy to keep for things a bit riskier, understanding that I may lose it.

Any suggestions on where you would spread this across that might see some potential future gains? Looking for cheapish coins that may have potential. I'm happy to wait for another dip, I know some here feel that there is another, more substantial dip, on the way.

Beverly Hills, California

Have decided to move the bulk of my crypto away from the exchange finally and onto cold storage. I've about €1000 that I'm happy to keep for things a bit riskier, understanding that I may lose it.

Any suggestions on where you would spread this across that might see some potential future gains? Looking for cheapish coins that may have potential. I'm happy to wait for another dip, I know some here feel that there is another, more substantial dip, on the way.

Went down the alt path a few years back (whilst still putting in a certain amount to Eth/BTC), requires a lot of work, constantly staying up to date, wading through biz on 4chan, following crypto blogs - pain in the ass. While I did make some v nice gains on certain alts, the gross was a lower return than purely investing in Eth.

If/when there's a deep bear run, and this is just my personal opinion, I'd probably just go with BTC/Eth/one choice alt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Some deal between CRO and formula one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Lads, I just want to make a quick informal notice here in the main thread where it's most visible.

Over the last couple weeks there's been an increase in the amount of reported posts coming from here. More than I'd like to see from a small forum like ours. I've already had a word with a few people behind the scenes.

A bit of craic is grand but it gets out of hand too easily around here. So from now on I'm going to be firing warning shots like it's the end of RAMBO II.

So let's keep it civil and the next time a post stirs any 'emotions' in you, HODL them.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Another hape of Satoshis stacked.

Dopamine kick engaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Are you an Australian? I am really hoping not.

Show us how it's done, oh wise crypto wunderkind - what's the current profit margin on your crypto investments?

Whats wrong with Australians?

LINK is $19 today, down from ATH $53 and today thats up 6,500% on my investment, ROSE is my next biggest hold, i expect big things in the coming years for this combination

I want to see you all make big gains so here is more info for you to research.

This is basically a Chainlink convention https://www.smartcontractsummit.io
    Good chance staking will be announced and with ISO 20022 and SWIFT in November......
    Now look at the speakers, Dawn Song and Ed Felten should be looked into by you and then start looking into Openlaw and the rest of the legal contract side of thing Chainlink is part of.

Then another BIG one for you to look into , as we know x86 architecture is taking a beating from ARM.
    So BIG BIG money is investing in a open source rival to ARM, it is called RISC-V and it was created by University of California, Berkeley, which just so happens to be the home of Dawn Song and with a bit of digging you will see ROSE will play a part in the security of this chip, it all out there on the web, look at who is investing BILLIONS in RISC-V and then look for a link between them and Dawn/Oasis/ROSE.
    https://keystone-enclave.org
    https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3342195.3387532
    https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/11/risc-v-grows-globally-as-an-alternative-to-arm-and-its-license-fees/

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Try as I might, just can't find this much vaunted partnership. Neighhhhh.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=swift+chainlink+partnership
    https://create.smartcontract.com/sibos17

Is not hard to find, we have videos of Sergey giving talks at SWIFT.
    If looking for videos go back a few years, 2016/17/18 its all there right in front of you for those who want to see.
    The simple way to look at this is all these connections are out in the public, but not promoted in a big way, this Chainlink/SWIFT/ISO20022 deal is going to be the standard, it has been available to the public for several years and anyone can buy it, so when it is fully launched the regulators cant say that it is a monopoly that has cornered the market, its was and is available for anybody to buy and will avoid these type of problems.
    You owe it to yourself to spend some considerable time looking into all of the info i have posted the last few months, can you imagine how you will feel when/if this is all true and the price of LINK rockets?

LINK is $19 today, down from ATH $53 and today thats up 6,500% on my investment, ROSE is my next biggest hold, i expect big things in the coming years for this combination

Good chance staking will be announced and with ISO 20022 and SWIFT in November......
    Now look at the speakers, Dawn Song and Ed Felten should be looked into by you and then start looking into Openlaw and the rest of the legal contract side of thing Chainlink is part of.

Then another BIG one for you to look into , as we know x86 architecture is taking a beating from ARM.
    So BIG BIG money is investing in a open source rival to ARM, it is called RISC-V and it was created by University of California, Berkeley, which just so happens to be the home of Dawn Song and with a bit of digging you will see ROSE will play a part in the security of this chip, it all out there on the web, look at who is investing BILLIONS in RISC-V and then look for a link between them and Dawn/Oasis/ROSE.
    https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/11/risc-v-grows-globally-as-an-alternative-to-arm-and-its-license-fees/

Okay thanks, but you'll see the same written for countless projects: Big partnerships, tech advances, updated roadmaps, team expanding, new offices worldwide, sponsoring some sports team, big money coming, high rewards staking, billions being invested, working with national regulators, etc, etc, etc

It's all the same: creating hype for projects in never-ending development that make most if not all of their revenue from hyping their tokens to sell on the secondary market. People who buy into these projects will often shill them to others on forums like this in order to get others to buy (to boost the value of their holdings)

Rose is down 71% in 3 months. Link is down 40%. (I have both)

My Doge is still up well over 100,000% on my initial investment, but it's garbage. The market goes up and down. Some coins do well during a bear, some do better during a bull. Ultimately most of it makes no sense.

I am an Australian, so I was rather hoping you weren't. ;)

I have already potentially made big gains, which is why I would be interested in you disclosing the percentage gain you mave made, or potentially made, by following your own schill.

I am an Australian, so I was rather hoping you weren't. ;)

I have already potentially made big gains, which is why I would be interested in you disclosing the percentage gain you mave made, or potentially made, by following your own schill.

Top 5% wallet holder of both LINK and ROSE, give you a idea of where i stand

Okay thanks, but you'll see the same written for countless projects: Big partnerships, tech advances, updated roadmaps, team expanding, new offices worldwide, sponsoring some sports team, big money coming, high rewards staking, billions being invested, working with national regulators, etc, etc, etc

It's all the same: creating hype for projects in never-ending development that make most if not all of their revenue from hyping their tokens to sell on the secondary market. People who buy into these projects will often shill them to others on forums like this in order to get others to buy (to boost the value of their holdings)

Rose is down 71% in 3 months. Link is down 40%. (I have both)

My Doge is still up well over 100,000% on my initial investment, but it's garbage. The market goes up and down. Some coins do well during a bear, some do better during a bull. Ultimately most of it makes no sense.

Ok forget about the "shill" boards is too small to move the market.
    Now look at the people behind LINK and ROSE, Ari and Dawn, already rich, they have spent years getting to the top in their field, they are not going to throw it away with a scam and sully their reputation, same for Ed Felten.
    Look at the people running these projects, they are not bandits, but serious academics

Top 5% wallet holder of both LINK and ROSE, give you a idea of where i stand

Nope. It explains your motivation for schilling and how big your bag is but is not an expression of performance in terms of return - profit margin.

For instance, my crypto investing profit margin is currently a hypothetical 2,089%. So what's yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Why all the bickering and pissing competitions? No one forces you to buy a token or coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Isn't the Sh$t Coin thread for all this shilling

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Isn't the Sh$t Coin thread for all this shilling

Yes but let me just tell you the amazing things that are going to happen to this coin I also happen to own..

Advertisement