Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club refurbishing? (Dublin/Leinster)

Options
  • 08-05-2021 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster on boards..

I recently bought a set of vintage(ish) Wilson Tour Fluid Feel Blades - they are in above average condition but I would love to get them regripped/refinished. Never had clubs refurbished before so I would love some advice on the to do/not to dos. I also bought these quite right, money wise, and wouldn't like to spend crazy money doing them up, just bring them back to life a little!!

If anyone knows someone/somewhere that offers these services please let me know I'd much appreciate it. Preferably within an hour of Dub city centre

Thank you all.. its great to be back out on the course! I hope ye are all enjoying it as much as I am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

culchiedub wrote: »
    Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster on boards..

I recently bought a set of vintage(ish) Wilson Tour Fluid Feel Blades - they are in above average condition but I would love to get them regripped/refinished. Never had clubs refurbished before so I would love some advice on the to do/not to dos. I also bought these quite right, money wise, and wouldn't like to spend crazy money doing them up, just bring them back to life a little!!

If anyone knows someone/somewhere that offers these services please let me know I'd much appreciate it. Preferably within an hour of Dub city centre

Thank you all.. its great to be back out on the course! I hope ye are all enjoying it as much as I am
    Re-gripping is a pretty easy job that you can do yourself. You can get tape and the solvent online - eBay/Amazon and (but not really necessary) a rubber clamp for a vice to hold the shafts - with enough solvent on the tape and a little in the new grip, I can generally just push them on by hand. Important bit is to know the diameter of the shaft at the top: modern clubs are generally 0.6" but there are also 0.58" etc.

Taking off the old grips is just a matter of making a ~1cm nick at the bottom with a sharp knife and then just grip each side of the cut and pull apart and once there's enough to grip with one hand, pull straight up and it will split all the way to the top.

Advertisement