Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai conspire to ignore thousands of reported crimes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Allinall wrote: »
    Would that be the ordinary man that breaks the law?

Ya people doing 55 in 50 zones are the no1 priority… we should focus all our garda efforts on that … not on the numerous rapes and assaults going unpunished or being half arse investigated … resulting in cases being thrown out

LillySV wrote: »
    U referring to the very few high level criminals that they did manage to put there… how about the vast majority of ones they don’t

Logic not your thing? Sorry, UR thing.

Who do you think brings cases to court, prosecutes the case and sends criminals to jail?

Second, who do you think the prisons are overcrowded with?

Ya people doing 55 in 50 zones are the no1 priority… we should focus all our garda efforts on that … not on the numerous rapes and assaults going unpunished or being half arse investigated … resulting in cases being thrown out

Please show me a single person currently serving a sentence for speeding.

and if people are throwing cars out, I'll have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I apologise that my reasoned reply upset you. Pointing out that the 20% number is not yet the amount that were incorrectly cancelled is called waiting until the facts are known. My professional experience is where my comments originate.

As for how I dont know if its rank and file talking, if you cannot see how you answered that yourself, I cannot help you further but I see that you have tried to twist that into another conspiracy theory

Public officials always apologise. Its step one of making people forget. Drew apologised to criminals that werent prosecuted as well.

There is nothing reasonable about your post because you are making claims for the entire organisation of An Garda Siochana

This is what you said
    That's not accurate either. First off, I want to know where the info comes from. It ain't rank and file talking

1. You said the numbers in their investigation are not accurate- how can you possibly know this? You havent explained. Like for a start you didnt even know where the information came from and had to ask in the post above yet you claimed the information to be inaccurate. So if you didnt know where it came from how could your possibly know it to be inaccurate? This sounds like complete spoofing to me but lets hear your explanation for your claims aside from 'I just know because I know'. You are directly contradicting an internal Garda investigation here so extraordinary claims like this require extraordinary evidence. Have you brought your evidence to Drew Harris and showed him how his investigation contains inaccurate numbers? Or is this just a claim you are only willing to air on Boards?

2. You said rank and file are "not talking", again how can you know what thousands of rank and file members of AGS are doing or not doing? You cant possibly speak for them but that is what your post actually claims. Yet the investigation is into rank and file Gardai, I would very much suggest that they are talking when they are under investigation and when the full report is issued by the Policing Authority it will prove me right.

You seem to be claiming that because you work for them that you know everything that is going on inside the organisation, hence your two claims above. That is an argument from authority that simply does not stack up. Unless you were involved with the internal investigation and unless you somehow know what all rank and file Gardai are doing then you cannot possibly make these claims. Yet here you are making them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Who do you think brings cases to court, prosecutes the case and sends criminals to jail?

Are you always this on edge? I'd say your a poor at your job

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    There is nothing reasonable about your post because you are making claims for the entire organisation of An Garda Siochana

This is what you said

1. You said the numbers in their investigation are not accurate- how can you possibly know this? You havent explained. Like for a start you didnt even know where the information came from and had to ask in the post above yet you claimed the information to be inaccurate. So if you didnt know where it came from how could your possibly know it to be inaccurate? This sounds like complete spoofing to me but lets hear your explanation for your claims aside from 'I just know because I know'. You are directly contradicting an internal Garda investigation here so extraordinary claims like this require extraordinary evidence. Have you brought your evidence to Drew Harris and showed him how his investigation contains inaccurate numbers? Or is this just a claim you are only willing to air on Boards?

2. You said rank and file are "not talking", again how can you know what thousands of rank and file members of AGS are doing or not doing? You cant possibly speak for them but that is what your post actually claims. Yet the investigation is into rank and file Gardai, I would very much suggest that they are talking when they are under investigation and the full report when it is issued by the Policing Authority will prove me right.

You seem to be claiming that because you work for them that you know everything that is going on inside the organisation, hence your two claims above. That is an argument from authority that simply does not stack up. Unless you were involved with the internal investigation and unless you somehow know what all rank and file Gardai are doing then you cannot possibly make these claims. Yet here you are making them.

Are you deliberatly unable to comprehend simple posts?

'Talking' as in leaking to the newspapers ffs! Where are the newspapers getting all the info eh? Its not rank and file because they arent conducting the investigation nor have access to the information.

Second and again. I am speaking based on my knowledge as a working part of the machine and applying a simple investigation method. ie I dont find people guilty or make assumptions based on only preliminary investigating.

Of course, the alternative is your opinon, based on what the article has printed and not on what is actually being said. No one has said the 20% have been proven yet. Have they? Has Drew stated that the 20% not already found to be fair and correct, and wrong? Nope.

Very few getting the sentences they deserve cause the guards aren’t putting in the proper investigative work required …and then how about how they treat people differently .. look at that “inside the k” series for an example… they let the “vulnerable “ kids and adolescents run amok around estates on quad and scrambler bikes as they don’t want to chase them for fear they hurt themselves … lads openly smoking spliffs in front of them… but they are vulnerable so ok…guards frightened of the scum so try and be friendly with them …no respect shown as result of their stupid tactic… meanwhile quiet mrs Molloy in mallow gets 3 points and an 80
    Euro fine for doing 54 in a zone marked as 50… even though area is more or less a big safe dual carriage way

Very few getting the sentences they deserve cause the guards aren’t putting in the proper investigative work required …and then how about how they treat people differently .. look at that “inside the k” series for an example… they let the “vulnerable “ kids and adolescents run amok around estates on quad and scrambler bikes as they don’t want to chase them for fear they hurt themselves … lads openly smoking spliffs in front of them… but they are vulnerable so ok…guards frightened of the scum so try and be friendly with them …no respect shown as result of their stupid tactic… meanwhile quiet mrs Molloy in mallow gets 3 points and an 80
    Euro fine for doing 54 in a zone marked as 50… even though area is more or less a big safe dual carriage way

Isn't it amazing how the same people make claims but cant back them with actual evidence or answer simple questions so rely on more unsubstantiated allegations.

I can ask again if you need me to or would it be easier for you lads if I just left you at it? Ill leave, its OK. I know this isn't a thread to be getting bogged down in information and evidence

Isn't it amazing how the same people make claims but cant back them with actual evidence or answer simple questions so rely on more unsubstantiated allegations.

I can ask again if you need me to?

Could ya translate that? I just told ya to look at the “around the k” series for proof of how ye mishandle situations … it’s all there clear as can be caught on tape showing how ye handling things arseways … I’m sure ye are doing the same thing all around the country … hence the high level of lawlessness being shown in recent years. There are afew good guards but unfortunately a lot of **** ones taking on in recent years

Could ya translate that? I just told ya to look at the “around the k” series for proof of how ye mishandle situations … it’s all there clear as can be caught on tape showing how ye handling things arseways … I’m sure ye are doing the same thing all around the country … hence the high level of lawlessness being shown in recent years. There are afew good guards but unfortunately a lot of **** ones taking on in recent years

As we've seen by this garda and the previous one, they think they're not being paid enough to their job so picking the low hanging fruit is the safer option.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    As we've seen by this garda and the previous one, they think they're not being paid enough to their job so picking the low hanging fruit is the safer option.

They should replace their badge with revenue badges cause that’s mostly what they’ve been doin in recent years… collecting fines and money and not dealing with the real criminals

No calls can be cancelled by a Garda anymore. The end result is just more stats on PULSE and less Gardai responding to genuine calls.

So feel free to call because your neighbours dog is barking. Call twenty times in the same night. You will now get the Gardai calling to you twnety times and twenty incidents on PULSE all of thish require investigating before they can be closed because like the calltakers, thats civilianised as well and the civilians dont actually know what they are doing so we get cases remaining open for no sensible reason such as we cannot physically make people make statements and if you tell the Garda at the door "**** off pig" when you are sober, thats not an acceptable outcome anymore

While thats happenind however, do try and consider the actual crime victims that are left waiting.

So more people are going to be ignored..

Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Can't belive that people are trying to defend the Gardai on this.

This lad would be impressed

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Ha you're a petty one, anyway I can't believe you think this is fake, you know gardai think they're a law unto themselves being one yourself. I assume you've never heard an emergency call or how these gardai operate so can you kindly be quiet and keep your mouth shut, I'm not paying your wages for you to talk nonsense about something you've no clue about.

sorry , you said you've heard 1000s of 999 calls ,

id love to hear how and when you did that ?

Mrs Malloy was probably done by the GoSafe crowd.

Cops chase a kid on a scrambler- they catch him - then what? I think parents should be held more accountable. That's the up to the Gardai though.

Or he gets maimed in the chase ( have to say, I do enjoy the clips of the UK bobbies clipping scooter on their scooters) can you imagine the sh1tstorm and civil liberties " but he's only a child".

Our justice system is stacked in favour of the criminals, they've all the rights and entitlements, cops have one hand tied behind their backs.

mikethecop wrote: »
    thats some story lol

any true storys ?

That's the truth, Niner obviously works in Dublin with civilian call takers that have to do everything by the book, but try some of the country's 999 lines, pig ignorant gardai that think they're above the law. This article only says 1 year but what about all the other years, there must be a million calls.

Mrs Malloy was probably done by the GoSafe crowd.

Cops chase a kid on a scrambler- they catch him - then what? I think parents should be held more accountable. That's the up to the Gardai though.

Or he gets maimed in the chase ( have to say, I do enjoy the clips of the UK bobbies clipping scooter on their scooters) can you imagine the sh1tstorm and civil liberties " but he's only a child".

Our justice system is stacked in favour of the criminals, they've all the rights and entitlements, cops have one hand tied behind their backs.

Cops need to get together and campaign about this then … free legal aid is like gravy train for legal eagles here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Are you deliberatly unable to comprehend simple posts?

'Talking' as in leaking to the newspapers ffs! Where are the newspapers getting all the info eh? Its not rank and file because they arent conducting the investigation nor have access to the information

But that doesnt change my point one single bit. You are claiming that rank and file are "not talking", how can you possibly know what thousands of members of rank and file are doing? Do you talk to them all every day or something? Are you their spokesman? If not then you are just spoofing here because you cannot possibly know who is and isnt not talking to journalists and to claim you do is just talking rubbish really.

I notice you gave no explanation for your claim that the numbers in this investigation are inaccurate. Again why are you contradicting the findings of an internal Garda investigation? Here is what the lead investigator found
    The investigation, led by Assistant Commissioner Barry O’Brien, has found that 3,120 calls reporting domestic violence were not followed up on by gardaí.

So far the inquiry has established that more than half of these were either cancelled correctly, in instances where there were duplicate incidents, or were cancelled without impacting on a victim.

However, around 1,400 cancelled calls are still being reviewed over concerns the failure to respond by gardaí may have directly affected the complainant.

So why are you claiming the numbers in the investigation and as reported by the media are "not accurate" and what evidence do you have for this? Assistant Commissioner Barry o'Brien carried out his investigation, he supplied the numbers to the media who reported them. Yet you are claiming the numbers arent accurate. You need to provide evidence for this claim that the numbers found by the Assistant Commissioner are not accurate because you are here trying to throw shade on an internal Garda investigation without offering any evidence except what seems to be your own hunch and thats not evidence of anything.

literally every day in every news paper and news site there are pages of stuff about high level gangland criminals and crime being brought to court

literally every day in every news paper and news site there are pages of stuff about high level gangland criminals and crime being brought to court

Every day you read about high level criminals walking out and about and up to no good

• Advertisement

That's the truth, Niner obviously works in Dublin with civilian call takers that have to do everything by the book, but try some of the country's 999 lines, pig ignorant gardai that think they're above the law. This article only says 1 year but what about all the other years, there must be a million calls.

which call center did you "train " at ?

why dont you explain the procedure to us instead of just throwing insults around and making wildly exaggerated claims for clarity like

You trying to doxx me? What station do you work at??

You trying to doxx me? What station do you work at??

dox ?

i just dont believe you orange baised on what you've posted here is that a crime ?

its not like you posted anything actually believable or realistic ,just abuse

I mean you do have great wifi in this hut your building in africa :D:D

i m the guy that stands outside the gpo all day of course :rolleyes::rolleyes:

dox ?

i just dont believe you orange baised on what you've posted here is that a crime ?

its not like you posted anything actually believable or realistic ,just abuse

I mean you do have great wifi in this hut your building in africa :D:D

i m the guy that stands outside the gpo all day of course :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well there's proof of 20% of the calls being mishandled which could possibly be 4500 call in just 1 year. The current system has been in place for about 10 years now. That's possibly 450000calls mishandled. I gave examples of 3 cases where gardai didn't deal with calls properly, hardly unrealistic when there's possibly half a million calls mishandled.

Well there's proof of 20% of the calls being mishandled which could possibly be 4500 call in just 1 year. The current system has been in place for about 10 years now. That's possibly 450000calls mishandled. I gave examples of 3 cases where gardai didn't deal with calls properly, hardly unrealistic when there's possibly half a million calls mishandled.

ya though so ......

the current system in place has been out dated for 20 years and in place since the 80s. which would suggest the rest of your statements are questionable at best
    your examples ?
    you claim you heard a few calls where gardai were dispatched and told they weren't wanted but the caller kept ringing regardless
    you saw a youtube video :confused:
    and your third example incorrectly suggests that there is one 999 line for each county.

im afraid again almost everything you've posted is inaccurate and or ill informed and everything else is just abusive
    why do that ?

ya though so ......

the current system in place has been out dated for 20 years and in place since the 80s. which would suggest the rest of your statements are questionable at best
    your examples ?
    you claim you heard a few calls where gardai were dispatched and told they weren't wanted but the caller kept ringing regardless
    you saw a youtube video :confused:
    and your third example incorrectly suggests that there is one 999 line for each county.

im afraid again almost everything you've posted is inaccurate and or ill informed and everything else is just abusive
    why do that ?

Since Bt took over, 20 years? I don't think so. I never said there was one line, I said the gardai unhooked the phone, I didn't see the station room, could easily unhook a few phones but I know the calls weren't going through. Since you think my examples are fake I'd love to hear how atleast 600 calls were mishandled though potentially 4500 in just one year.

Since Bt took over, 20 years? I don't think so. I never said there was one line, I said the gardai unhooked the phone, I didn't see the station room, could easily unhook a few phones but I know the calls weren't going through. Since you think my examples are fake I'd love to hear how atleast 600 calls were mishandled though potentially 4500 in just one year.

The CAD system using msdos ? or the phone lines ? or the tetra radio system ?

you know 999 calls dont go to stations right . haven't done so in 10 or 12 years at least.

ya i think your examples are not true or real biases on your lack of information on how the systems even work

every thing has been explained to you and other posters in minute detail a couple of times already

sorry orange after looking at your posting history here its clear you have other issues and i dont think it would be fair to engage with you here ,

The CAD system using msdos ? or the phone lines ? or the tetra radio system ?

you know 999 calls dont go to stations right . haven't done so in 10 or 12 years at least.

ya i think your examples are not true or real biases on your lack of information on how the systems even work

every thing has been explained to you and other posters in minute detail a couple of times already

sorry orange after looking at your posting history here its clear you have other issues and i dont think it would be fair to engage with you here ,

Well Dublin obviously has the control centre and some counties share an emergency Line but I'd be surprised if most of the control rooms weren't in the back of a station tbh, could be wrong. Anyway I worked in a job that allowed me to be able to listen to emergency calls, and I heard a lot of ignorant gardai, a lot of the time the garda would just hang up the phone if the person was foreign/drunk/traveler and be told to ring back when they made sense, so I'm not surprised in the slightest at these huge numbers of mishandled calls.

Well Dublin obviously has the control centre and some counties share an emergency Line but I'd be surprised if most of the control rooms weren't in the back of a station tbh, could be wrong. Anyway I worked in a job that allowed me to be able to listen to emergency calls, and I heard a lot of ignorant gardai, a lot of the time the garda would just hang up the phone if the person was foreign/drunk/traveler and be told to ring back when they made sense, so I'm not surprised in the slightest at these huge numbers of mishandled calls.

and you claim to have worked in this system eh ?

yet have no idea how it works or how calls are dealt with or even where the very few 999 call centers in ireland are

if your gona make up a story why not make it a interesting one at least dont just come on here to vent about your personal issues with the gardai

• Advertisement

and you claim to have worked in this system eh ?

yet have no idea how it works or how calls are dealt with or even where the very few 999 call centers in ireland are

if your gona make up a story why not make it a interesting one at least dont just come on here to vent about your personal issues with the gardai

Of course I know where they are, BS and N

Advertisement