Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I doing something wrong?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just because there is no white line doesn't mean you can park there. If there isn't sufficient room for a car to pass without crossing the centre line then you shouldn't be parked there.
    That's not necessarily true. The law is you can't park where there's a unbroken centre line if you doing so forces others to cross it. If no markings/ broken centre line, it's the interpretation of the gardaí as to whether you are parking "in a manner in which it will interfere with the normal flow of traffic or which obstructs or endangers other traffic".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

I'm the same. Can't remember if they were there before or not.

They were put in about 2 or 3 years ago, so not ages ago, but definitely before Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

3DataModem wrote: »
    There’s no single line where I’m parked, there’s no line at all. On the graveyard side it’s mostly double yellows.

Had a look when passing yesterday. The centre line is there, and hasn't faded.
    You must not have noticed when you parked up for whatever reason.

Advertisement