Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah the £50m fee is one thing, but the £35m Aramco sponsorship deal for Inter’s over 55s ladies team is another entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Am I the only one who thinks Jude will prove to be essentially a flop for Madrid I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Who knows, it's another big move - though has everything there he needs to succeed from a footballing perspective. Some brilliant midfield around him, which compliments his strengths going forward too. The one question is the pressure at Real - it can turn ugly very quickly over there. Assuming his knee isn't anything too serious, I think he'll do well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yeah, there's very little room for inconsistency at Real. Many fail that are fairly decent players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Chelsea v Liverpool opening game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's nothing official yet though, that's the leaked fixtures.

Like last year, I'm gonna guess that fixtures are;

(A) Chelsea

(H) Bournemouth

(A) Newcastle

(H) Aston Villa

(A) Wolves

(H) West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Opening fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Christmas schedule:

Arsenal (h) Burnley (a) Newcastle (h)

Final day: Wolves (h) AGAIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

That's a nice set of fixtures for me. Lot of away games against what should be our main rivals in first half of the season, more home ones in second half. Also the final 6 games look 'easy' on paper.

Seems to be reasonable enough fixture wise.

Lots of away games to the other big teams early on but obviously have the home leg in the back end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sunday 13 August 2023

16:30 Chelsea v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Saturday 19 August 2023

Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

Saturday 26 August 2023

Newcastle v Liverpool

Saturday 2 September 2023

Liverpool v Aston Villa

Saturday 16 September 2023

Wolves v Liverpool

Europa Match Day 1

Sunday 24 September 2023

Liverpool v West Ham

Saturday 30 September 2023

Spurs v Liverpool

Europa Match Day 2

Sunday 8 October 2023

Brighton v Liverpool

Saturday 21 October 2023

Liverpool v Everton

Europa Match Day 3

Sunday 29 October 2023

Liverpool v Nott'm Forest

Saturday 4 November 2023

Luton Town v Liverpool

Europa Match Day 4

Sunday 11 November 2023

Liverpool v Brentford

Saturday 25 November 2023

Man City v Liverpool

Europa Match Day 5

Sunday 2 December 2023

Liverpool v Fulham

Tuesday 5 December 2023

Sheff Utd v Liverpool

Saturday 9 December 2023

Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Europa Match Day 6

Sunday 16 December 2023

Liverpool v Man Utd

Saturday 23 December 2023

Liverpool v Arsenal

Tuesday 26 December 2023

Burnley v Liverpool

Saturday 30 December 2023

Liverpool v Newcastle

Saturday 13 or 20 January 2024

AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool

Wednesday 31 January 2024

Liverpool v Chelsea

Saturday 3 February 2024

Arsenal v Liverpool

Saturday 10 February 2024

Liverpool v Burnley

Saturday 17 February 2024

Brentford v Liverpool

Saturday 24 February 2024

Liverpool v Luton Town

Saturday 2 March 2024

Nott'm Forest v Liverpool

Saturday 9 March 2024

Liverpool v Man City

Saturday 16 March 2024

Everton v Liverpool

Saturday 30 March 2024

Liverpool v Brighton

Wednesday 3 April 2024

Liverpool v Sheff Utd 

Saturday 6 April 2024

Man Utd v Liverpool

Saturday 13 April 2024

Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Saturday 20 April 2024

Fulham v Liverpool

Saturday 27 April 2024

West Ham v Liverpool

Saturday 4 May 2024

Liverpool v Spurs

Saturday 11 May 2024

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Sunday 19 May 2024

Liverpool v Wolves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Chelsea at home and then Arsenal away in a 4 day period could be nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Isn't the reported salary of €230k per week for Jude Bellingham net of taxes? So in £ on a gross basis it is a little over £350k I think which is what Salah is on.

I would have been happy to blow the budget on him at that price and salary, but he wanted to go to Real Madrid so good luck to him!

If we bought Jude he would have been standing in a swamp around him in midfield, we needed a complete midfield rebuild. Blowing all the budget on one player wouldnt have helped the rot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Precisely. Let him on to Madrid. If he excels, he may well have ended up there anyway even if we had brought him in, but if he only does OK, he'll be replaced with a shiny new midfielder there in a couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

As much as we all wanted Jude, it was the correct decision to not blow the budget on him

• Advertisement

I suppose there is a bit to add to that, and that that is that the players bought instead all settle and bring the team back to challenging for trophies again.

Given the success rate of the transfers over the last 7 or 8 years, I would be hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did we buy Mac Allister, because Klopp wanted him so so much above all others, or because of his buyout clause. ??

Away to Chelsea, away to Newcastle, away to Wolves, away to Spurs, away to Brighton, away to City

That's some horrible start/ I could not pick a worse one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

I'd say it's a combination of factors. We wouldn't buy a player if Klopp and the team didn't think he was good enough to be part of a squad that can challenge for the league and Champions League. That's clearly still the aspiration.

Price is also a big part of the story though. So is squad management. Just look at the calamity that Chelsea made by buying so many players for hugely inflated prices on massive salaries with no thought as to how they knit together or how it would affect morale of existing players.

Lastly of course, the player needs to want to sign for us. MacAllister clearly did. Bellingham wanted to go to Madrid. Ultimately it's not all in the club's control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Why so negative? It's an opportunity for the team to focus on correcting the poor approach to away fixtures last season.

Chelsea are in turmoil, there isn't an overnight fix for them. The first game of the season is the ideal time to go to Stamford Bridge.

• Advertisement

City buying Rice, and Gvardiol. Klopp needs to go back to pulling miracles to win trophies.

The league and CL will be hard af, so I hope we take all cup competitions seriously over the next few seasons.

It's time to forget about winning a league again.

City are not letting go of their stranglehold on it in the next three years and then by that point Klopp will be gone and Newcastle and United with their oil money will be fully up and running.

At best we'll be competing for 4th and 5th with Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We need to be the smartest club for recruitment again that is how we reached the top the last time and how we will do it again. I still think if we plug the midfield gaps and get it right we will have one of the best squads in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's not the start - we're home to Bournmenuth on week 2, home to villa week 4...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ah man. That's Monday morning blues talk. Not Friday welcome to the weekend talk!

I've learned not to underestimate Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

This week Liverpool had some conversations with people close to Gabri Veiga. Liverpool are one of the most interested clubs in this player, we had reports of a done deal with Newcastle, that is not the case. Liverpool are really interested in Gabri Veiga - this is a big opportunity.

From Romano...

Micky van de Ven.

Granny rule activated!

Is he good? I've never watched him play?

Never watched him play? I've never even heard of him. Can't be up to much. Might as well write him off now.

So. What are all you Panda's having for second breakfast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

7 academy players have been released:

Midfielder Jack Bearne (aged 21), goalkeeper Liam Hughes (21), defender Charlie Hayes-Green (18), goalkeeper Oscar Kelly (20), forward Fidel O'Rourke (21), defender Oludare Olufunwa (21), and forward Iwan Roberts (18)

Apparently Panda humour isn't appreciated but me currently waiting for the next transfer announcement:

y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I am a bit tired of all this scrimping and saving and selling to buy talk.

It is like we are shopping in Dealz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

No way man, City are poor, won't take a lot for Liverpool to get back to normal, of course as of yet we've not done that, we've picked up a midfielder, purely to take advantage of his buyout clause, same reason we bought Carvalho, wheeler dealers, net zero hero, Klopp is easily fooled by those who tell him the money is not there.

Teams look at City, and see it as a game to down tools in, they look at fixtures, Luton, Everton, City, Palace, Spurs, and think '' if we take 8pts from this that's fine'' and in that thinking no one is even trying to beat City, it's an off week, a holiday, for every team outside top 5.

City get an easy ride, every team approaches them with a attitude of '' sure lets have a go'' and play into their hands, as it's seen by most teams as a nothing to lose game, while teams come to play Liverpool and are of the mind set, we can get something here, get 50 people behind the ball, no one approaches City like this, their reputation precedes them, people approach them knowing they're losing, with no hope of a win, unlike teams that actually try to get something from us.

• Advertisement

Dude we win most of our home games, those are the away games to the start of our season, if this was last season, then we're losing all those away games I mentioned, of course the '' hope'' is we're actually going to sign some players, hasn't happened yet, we lost Milner, Firmino, on top of Mane last season, another two legends gone. We need 4 first team players this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You made it look like we were opening up with six straight away games!!

Yes, the away ones are tricky - but we have to go there some time (and we won three of those games last season). I'd happily get the Chelsea and Spurs games out of the way early.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

hasn't happened yet

The transfer window has been open for 36 hours and we've signed a world cup winner.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Are you actually complaining here or what?

Last September you were saying we should be buying him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Rice is overated, there i said it.

Long grain isn't amazing but I quite enjoy a bit of Basmati.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ah feck off - I don't want us signing another Italian!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

If we sort out midfield this summer we will have an outside chance of winning the league next season, City will of course be strong favourites and in all liklihood will win the league again, but, if (and it's a big if) we get the transfers in right, we can definitely push them all the way again.

I think next season is our best ( and possibly last) chance of winning the league again, City might drop slightly after reaching their holy grail, both Newcastle and United will still not be fully ready to compete and Chelsea will need next season to sort themselves out. I think after next season it will become much more difficult, as both Newcastle and United will be further down the road to matching City, Chelsea will have had a season to sort themselves out and with all our rivals having unlimited funds it will become increasingly difficult to sign our targets.

It can't be understated how poor last summers recruitment strategy was, it has put us on the backfoot at the worst possible time, we definitely can't afford a repeat; Mac Allister is a step in the right direction -his signing alone already makes it better than last summer- we need to add more in midfield and a defender or we'll all be back here again next season complaining about our poor form.

Advertisement