Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭mormank

Yes whatever!! The point of my post was to point out that the German league is no where near as competitive as the Prem and ye all know it. You are right on one thing tho, comparing the German league to the scottish league is nonsense....the Scottish league is waaaay more competitive than the German league, you are correct on that sir.

You need to watch some more comedies bro. That isn't funny at all. Go watch the latest season of "It's Always Sunny" if you wanna have a laugh. Stop embarrassing yourself on here and go do some research and you will find that 1 team has won the bundesliga for the last 11 years whereas 2 teams have won the scottish league in the last 11 years so yeah the scottish league has more competition for who wins it than the German league has. I meant competitive in that sense and not the standard of teams in the league but again you all knew that. 🙄

Lol, how wonderfully petty of you Noodler. Well done. Don't like being wrong huh?

Post edited by mormank on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

I believe Hendo and Fabinhio were knackered because there was no support. If they were able to rest then they would have been better.

It's not the years it's the mileage .

I also think that it would be a huge help to Klopp to have players that are used to the system and take instructions really quickly.

I have to say that people's attitude to Hendo and Fabinhio being off the boil last year is hugely disappointing. They were very good for a long time. They would have still had an important role to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The reaction to Hendo + Fabinho leaving would be a lot different if we knew about it last May/June, and the manner of their departures were different. Especially Henderson, which is a shame. They've given a great service to the club - their best years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It's maybe not a discussion for this thread, but on what basis could they suspend them, legally?

There are no sanctions against Saudi, nothing to prevent doing trade with them. The moral one is very personal to the individual, but I can't see UEFA opening them to multimillion lawsuits by banning players like that-sure every European state has big trade links with Saudi, so how or why should UEFA go on a solo run. And why stop with Saudi, should Robbie be banned for a year when he gets the boot from his job in Isreal?

Im not an apologist for the House of Saud or anything, but this is crazy talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is the Leicester game on LFCtv tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd have no interest in mbappe even if there was any slight possibility, that whole psg setup comes across like total poison.

He be an absolute pox to the the group of players we have imo.

I know the whole thing is probably just a joke and no one actually believes that there is any chance but just in case I thought I'd give my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Ethan mbappe maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Still a psg player so my feelings are the same;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't think that's fair.

Keita, Ox and Milner were always leaving and would need to be replaced as squad players or better.

Fabinho and Hendo leaving was never really planned bar absolute Saudi madness.

Signing three midfielders, and that might not be enough, is never normal in one window.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Salah & Nunez have played together in every pre season game so far, with the 3rd forward being changed. Klopp must like them playing together.

Trent back to his hybrid RB / DM position I would guess. Jones as the other DM possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Someone get an extinguisher.....Nunez is literally on fire 🔥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

1-0. Nunez after 30 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

2 now

Young master Clark

And 3. Jota header. Nicely worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Is it Nunez or Jota that is playing in the central position?

• Advertisement

More Nunez, but nothing stopping Jota drifting in, with Mac Allister always looking to slide in a pass.

Started slow conceding a lot of space, but have just grown into the half. Looking good, apart from the kit which is absolutely shocking.

New outfield team for the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Ben Doak header for 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Chelsea have agreed a fee for ugochukwu. Wonder if that ends their interest in Lavia.

I'd say so yeah,which means we probably have a free run on Lavia,whether we manage to get the deal over the line is another question? Maybe Morton could be used as leverage in the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really quite like that away kit... a modern spin on an absolute classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Stick to always sunny and leave the football to people who know what they are talking about. The fact you think the standard of the league isn't important but how competitive it is is more important says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

In fairness, watching a competitive game between two fairly evenly matched teams in a lesser league can be more exciting than a complete annihilation by a superior and skillful team over a minnow. It's best when there's a mix of both.

Oh god. Are you being intentionally obtuse or are you just misunderstanding me? I was talking about how competitive the leagues are within themselves, not at all commenting on the actual standard of football in those leagues. Germany is more of a 1 horse league than Scotland is!!! Scotland, the most motorious 1 horse league, that I know of, in world football since Rangers were demoted and it turns out Germany is actually worse.

1 team in Germany has been much stronger than every other team in the German league for over a decade i.e. every player playing for that team gets more goals and assists as they have no competition week in week out. Kinda like what is happening with city the past decade except the Prem is more competitive than the German league. Get it? I can try using smaller words if you still don't understand me. 😜

And yes, I will absolutely stick to It's Always Sunny. Great comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

When Rasmus Højlund’s transfer goes through, Ten Hag will officially have a higher net spend (€396m) than Jurgen Klopp’s entire time at Liverpool, of course the fans will still blame the Glazers when the team flops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

RH could well be a good signing, but 80M for a striker who scored 9 goals last season is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

The whole point of the conversation was the standard though. So if you only compared the scottish league with the German league on competitiveness then it was a fairly strange comment that had no relation to discussion.

But do try using smaller words, it might help with you not getting completely lost in a discussion.

What is with the personal insults towards the poster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

It’s mad comparing Germany with Scotland. Yes, Bayern win most of them but Bayern are consistently one of the best teams in the world. The quality of the league is far, far superior - Germany generally have 2 or 3 teams doing well in Europe every season too.

Scotland is 2 teams with a massive following with other teams that would struggle in the championship, a good showing in the CL is qualifying for it in the first place.

So yeah, Liverpool!

Good to see Szlobozai back on the pitch today and alleviate the worries about his injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yea, I DON'T get it, never heard of him, he has 18 goals in his WHOLE life.

No it wasn't. Go back and check and you will see I started this conversation by replying to Noodler so I should know what it was about. It was about the worth of Mane's 12 goals and 6 assists or whatever it is versus Nunez' record for us last year which was ever so slightly better than Mane's I believe. Noodler was trying to suggest that Mane had just as good a season as Nunez but at a fraction of the cost, implying that keeping Mane would have been the better choice.

However Noodler intentionally ignored all the other factors such as their respective ages and the competition they both faced each week and also the gulf in class between the teams Bayern play each week versus the level of competitiveness Nunez faced in the Prem each week. His comparison was disingenuous at best and downright misinformation for the purpose of getting a reaction at worst.

Now do you understand why the competitiveness of the league is more relevant than the actual standard of play? Probably not, you'll probably just "misunderstand" me again and comment on something not related to the point again and we will go round in more circles. Meanwhile Everybody knows what I meant and everybody knows that I'm right which is why they all argued semantics of what I said instead of the actual thrust of the point I was making including Noodler himself. So let's leave it there, I'm dizzy.

Oh my god. Seriously people!!! 😮 I meant how competitive that league is in terms of how good Bayern are compared to the rest OF THAT LEAGUE, not the rest of the world. Obviously the german league is a better standard than the Scottish league. 🤦 but the Scottish league is technically more competitive the past decade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

When is Liverpools next game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

This thread seems to be well up on both of these apparently.

I see mane is to earn 160 million euros tax free for four years, it's actually frightening.

Haha. 😂 Yeah I get that at this point I must come across as a crazy person ranting but it's just so frustrating when people constantly argue the semantics of your point, like using the wrong word or a misspelling, rather than the point itself or "misunderstand" you and argue a completely different point to the one you were making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The great thing about Mane getting that sort of money is that a decent wedge of that will be reinvested into his village back in Senegal. I’m sure he’s not the only footballer out there looking after his home town, but by all accounts he does so much more than what’s expected of him.

I don’t particularly like to see any footballers going to Saudi for the money, but this one means that thousands of people from a poor background will benefit massively from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hoping for some news on Lavia today to settle the nerves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That team nearly lost (and really should have lost) the Bundeslliga this year, but I get what you're saying: it was the worst Bayern team in a while and they still fell over the line

2. Bundesliga was much more interesting.

But most leagues in Europe are going that way now - there's only two or three teams that can realisticly win the national title in the top five/eight European leagues.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Reading back over the last couple of pages would make your brain hurt!

New season can’t come quick enough 😄

I would guess that we'll get Fabinho news first. Once that is confirmed, and he gets his day of videos and messages on social media etc, then we will get news of Lavia.

That's not to say that the club are not working in the background on Lavia, or have it done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement