Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Szobo has had a great 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wouldn't think that Liverpool are playing a man down in the middle of the park with the way he is playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't wanna jinx it but we've been really impressive since going a man down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Playing very well with 10 men in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Keep it simple today Joe, we're 2 up and would like it to stay that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Gomez looks confused already just coming onto the pitch...🙄

I think if you show video replay of, let's say, 100 similar or worse tackles in the last 12 months in the same competition all given as yellows or no free kick at all should be enough to make a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Hard to know what the point of VAR is. Same awful decisions just with more frustration as you wonder how in gods name they haven't given something or overturned it having replays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Advertisement

Also Nunez appears to be nicely down the pecking order? Disappointing from such a big signing

I think though, you need to say it wasn't high, or studs weren't out etc.

They can also hide behind ref and var officials thought it was ok. See mIke Dean already saying it was a red.

You feel Klopp is losing faith a little. Was similar for final stretch of games last season IIRC.

You wouldn't be playing him over any of the other four tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Paul Tierney is on VAR today so no surprise it wasn't downgraded to yellow.

Now they've stuck to red, fair enough but now we need to see this type of challenge consistently red carded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

He would have been on in most situations,see how it goes if we have a dm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nunez would be on if we didn't have a player sent off I'm sure, why bring on more forwards in this position

• Advertisement

Becker really is the best

Robbo is turning Trent like in his defending.

Thank god for Ali

Diaz can't seem to stay fit for long

Elliott a bit sloppy since he came on. Himself and Szoboszlai not linking very well.

Great work by Nunez there.

Elliott is sooo windy in the tackle

• Advertisement

Surprised that's not a red for Endo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hope they appeal the red card, was incredibly harsh

Cheeky smart Endo foul there. Hopefully first. of many

Salah went up top instead of bringing him on. He has been abysmal. Nunez only given a few mins in the role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Ali again

Reminder this was a yellow six days ago

I like the way he's fouled three of four guys around the half way line to stop breaks. Something we've not done in a long time.

You can tell he's only on Merseyside 24 hours or so. Hasn't the foggiest of where our runners are going or where they take up space and has to take that extra touch or two to look up before passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Harsh to judge Endo this early but he looks so slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Smart from Endo. Good body position, knew what was happening around him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

He arrived last night and has been dropped into a underperforming team. Way too early for judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ah, he's struggling, but B it's been a big week for him, lots going on and I'd say the last thing he'd have expected was to be thrown in so early.

Result is all that matters. Appeal the red now, we can't afford 3 more games without Alexis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pity Endo didn’t work out. Hope we can find him a new club by the end of the month.

I don't mind it being given as a red if it given as a red in every other, or even most, similar incident but we all already know it won't be.

Endo arrived in the country 24 hours ago and had to come on while we were down to 10 men.

I honestly think taking anything away from his performance is pointless.

Not to mention Enzo's head butt on Jota...and yet Mac gets a red. That's nonsense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Never a pen Mac Alister.

Konate still poor, wild challenges most he missed and positional sense is terrible.

Midfield looks electric Szobi was simply outstanding.

We havent had a midfielder with such running power and gifted on the ball since Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Does that really make you unable to sprint though. looks 38 out there, not 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Good to get the win, especially after going 1-0 down and playing so badly for the first 15/20 mins.

Attacking play was very good and the sheer amount of chances created gives good hope for the season.

Szlobozai very good and carried the midfield after the red card. Diaz is looking more Mane-like with his directness towards goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Szobo was great.

Allison was great.

Diaz was great.

I actually think Virgil has looked better than last season in the first 2 games. Small sample size granted.

McAllister to miss Newcastle away next week now. Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Virgil was good today but I thought he was poor against Chelsea. He couldn’t even clear a ball properly last week, looked very shaky overall.

Neil Lennon of people thinks it was a red.

Yes to the above on Diaz directness.

Very harsh to pick one run from Endo out to label him as slow.

Be him, Sobo and who for Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Looked like Keita and Fabinho in going back, but I hope we didn't buy him for his pace but other attributes. There was a reason why Fabinho committed so many tactical fouls, to disguise his lack of pace if the other team broke. You don't have to be quick to break up play ahead of the back 4, but it does leave you exposed on the counter. Then again how many fast DM's do you have? Surely you are pushed higher up the pitch of you have a little pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Enjoyable game,surely that red will be overturned,its a yellow at worst.

Slobs is class btw and endo did well too

I think klopp has finally realised nunez isn't good enough,it took him long enough though

Alot of very sloppy play from us but strangly enjoyable all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We could talk about a lot, but i'll choose Virgil Van Dijk.

I feel it needs to be said.

He is still elite.

While the world laughs that he dropped off from a 2 year level that I've never seen any CB reach - where he was able to play a high line, perfect one-on-one defending, distribute like Alonso and score a few goals - all I see is a guy who has regressed to merely being an excellent CB.

The proof - today.

We went down to 10, moved back 10 yards, and stuck a DM on. He proceeded to own anything that went near him. We forget that the defending he's asked to do when we drop off as a team is largely child's play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Stupid statement,you didn't see him nip infront of bournmouth players twice to nick the ball then no?

He did very well when he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Newcastle could find a lot of joy next week against our defense, it's porous at times, with some very basic mistakes which leads to mass panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Not the game we needed. Our start is very tough. You think the powers would acknowledge that by having the players in place before we started.

Our defensive structure is all over the shank. Even today we struggled with Ali saving us from a nervous last few minutes. We'll get nothing playing like that next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Two hard 50/50 tackles so far in the spurs game, both looked worse than Mac's. Guess what, no cards, nothing. The red today wasn't one. Premier league refs are the most inconsistent fools.

Bournemouths manager said in his interview that it didn't look like a red card in real life. An opposition manager would usually brush off the question when asked if they didn't think it was red.

Hopefully the club appeal and it's overturned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement