Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Yep Pako Ayestarán - just noticed that myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Everything I am now if I'm going to insist on being half-honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nunez should have scored at least one but he was involved in two goals and, going by the performances of the subs who came on, thank god he started.

Sobo looks so good.

I wish Joe hasn't made that brainfart because it would have led me to say things like "VVD won't be a guaranteed starter when he returns from suspension" but who am I kidding.

Well done Trent. Consistent and constant menace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

10 points from those 4 games is very good in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Darwin woulda coulda shoulda Nunez causes havoc, but dam he misses sitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The all action chaos attack paid off in this game.

There's goals in whatever attacked is chosen but I like this one. It's a bit more frantic and fun.

Nice to get a CS for the first time this season too. Joe Gomez looked good. Did Jones help perhaps?

Hopefully the Trent injury is not a bad one, and a rest over the international break will be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yeah I looked him up, he was Benitez's no.2 for 11 years whilst at numerous clubs.

Only blip, is not beating that useless Chelsea side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Coulda scored 8, coulda let in 4, but ultimately made an above average, well managed team look like a below average mess.

Now let's get that new midfield purring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Szoboszlai looks quite the player. Very confident.

MacAllister was great too and I thought the defense was good.

Seeing them passing the ball around at the back with no pressure was really weird. Everyone seems very composed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

A boring 3-0, not so shabby. The early goal fvcked up Villa's plan, but being able to amble through the last 35 minutes is nice. 10 from 12 with those fixtures isn't bad given all the turmoil over the summer. Pull Trent from England NOW and look to 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I felt for the subs a little in that no one seemed overly interested in going forward for much of the time it was 3-0.

I expected more from Villa I have to say.

Wolves away next after the break and we need a huge improvement over the last season's performance there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Comfortable, plain and simple. Great to see it. Can relax and enjoy one of our top 4 rivals dropping points now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This was bizarre btw, shoves Gomez from behind then squares up to him.

From the lad who had all his teammates shouting at him for how bad his two previous shots were too 😆

Missing out on Mount + signing Szoboszlai instead is such a sliding doors moment. What a player he is and will be.

He could well be the next example of having an effective recruitment plan - buying characteristics, and having a plan for them. Don't just buy names and players because rivals wanted them. Sometimes the number 2 target can turn out to be just as good, if not better than the number 1 target, because their attributes are still needed and used in the team in the same style as the number 1 target would have been.

Gotze -> Mane

Brandt -> Salah

Laporte -> VVD

Werner -> Jota

Mount -> Szoboszlai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Deduct Liverpool 20 points now. They're giving me hope. So unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very good start to the season all things considered. Midfield improved on and forwards looking good with options from the bench. Defence will obviously have a cloud glooming over it but i think we have enough to win games with our front 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Little knee into Gomez on the deck as well.

Real hard man.

Considering it was a first time in a long time pairing of Matip and Gomez, it was great to keep a clean sheet, even by luck. But now that we won the game, watch them extend VVD's ban, as basking in the sun watching Liverpool win 3-0 is no punishment in their eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

They look like Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Antony kicks the ball away so obviously in the Arsenal v Man Utd match and no booking.

The consistency around these decisions is infuriating.

Klopp confident Salah is staying, said he finds it funny how the world is so caught up in it, as Salah wants to stay, and play here.

4 more games, and it will be half a season unbeaten .

Wolves away

WH home

Spurs away

Brighton away

Only 1 home game between now and the 20th of Oct/ SAD

Right now 15 league games unbeaten.

Salah making all the right noises, now it's a case of will the owners actually give him what he secretly may want, and will it be the owners who accept the millions on offer.. and if so, will Salah throw it back in their faces and refuse to leave. ..

It's what I thought when he scored, it was like seeing Gerrard again .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Given what he can do further forward I think MacAllister deserves a lot of credit for taking up that deep role today and being very restrained in choosing when to attack. Found himself in the right place to clean up a few dangerous passes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Did'nt see the game due to work, who played no.6 for us and how did we play before i watch the highlights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

(In order not to jinx us) We were crap, they battered us and we were lucky that it wasn't 10-3. Mac Allister I think was the 6 but I could be wrong. In the real world we played well, could play better though and with Gravenberch to be integrated we will see how we do. Say it quietly, we are a very good team again, a little luck with injuries to defense and...you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mightn't have been a Super Sunday, but it was pretty good !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

I was hoping Arsenal and United would draw but realistically this weekend was as good as I could have hoped for. In 3rd place with 10 points from 12 and a few tricky games out of the way.

Brilliant football results today. Great start to the season overall.

Looking forward to MOTD tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

My brain says draw but damn, I still celebrate Man Utd losing in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Would'nt have minded Utd stealing some points, they won't be within an ass's roar of top 4 this season.

But alas, one can never be disapointed when they lose.

NOOOO! Mocker gods are now taking interest! Hang your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Great result today . One downer was Trent injury - Those injuries are almost not never as minor as Klopp makes out to be so hope we are not looking at afew games out.

4 games in and already Konate and Trent injured and VVD on an extended ban as well is pretty unbelievable. Alot fixtures coming together after international break and sending Philips on loan and not signing a defender could really come back to bite sooner than expected.

Interesting to see Endo dropped today .. thought he was bought as a starter like szobo and Mac but clearly Klopp feels he needs time. Fingers crossed for Trent injury but I'll be shocked if he fit in 2 weeks with hamstring related injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

How did we go from to Caicedo to Lavia who definitely would have starters to buying endo to only be a squad player,doesn't make sense . Klopp said himself endo would surprise people and wasn't bought to make up numbers on the bench.

More of a question is how are Chelsea getting away with their spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Great result, was expecting a more difficult match, as Villa have been one of the better sides in the league. All things considered, we've had a great start to the season, plus the midfield should only get better the more they play together. A big contrast to last season when after 3 or 4 games the writing was already on the wall, but, turned out even worse than we all imagined. The good start should hopefully build confidence and momentum to have a good season.

One interesting titbit from today, and kind of late in the Newcastle game too after Quansah came on.

Trent is kind of adjusting his 'hybrid role' positioning, when he does actually move. He seems to be picking up positions more of a CB rather than a DM sometimes when he is looking to start some attacks from deep. It results in the CB Matip (Quansah in Newcastle game) moving to an actual RB position, rather than a RCB. Robbo stays as more of a normal LB this way too, rather than a LCB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Smoke and mirrors when it comes to accounting. They will use amortisation over 5-8 years to make it look better on paper. Cash flow though will be a problem for them going forward. They may be okay on paper (we will have to see though, they may still fall foul of P/S for the PL even with their tricks), but payback will bite in a couple years time when they have no cash unless they sell their players.

It's mental. What's it? Close to a billion over two years?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Caicedo yes. The plan was that he would have been a starter clearly. But I disagree on Lavia. We could have signed him for £50m at the start of the summer back when we bought MacAlistair and Sobo.

My reading of it was that Klopp and the team saw him as a talented young player but not someone ready to start from day one. More of a long term prospect and arguably only a small upgrade on Bajcetic.

Thats why we tried to haggle down Southampton for so long. He was costing starter money for a prospect profile. In the end, the crazy Chelsea bidding war almost forced us to overpay for him. I think in the long run we might end up the better for that if we sign someone like Andre in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Well caicedo is responsible for errors leading to two goals early in his Chelsea career so maybe we dodged a bullet,he will probably make up for that,send klopp an email and ask him about team selection,imo he will give Jones and bajcetic as many opportunities as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Saw that today alrite with Joel, certainly a different set up.

How good is quansah? Only saw his 2 cameos and he looks good, but wondering is he first team potentially longer term.

• Advertisement
Advertisement