Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Delighted with that. We have an excellent squad and the best manager in the World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mo will get MOTM for the three assists but Quansah was rock solid all game for me and held up well given how much pressure they were under in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭McFly85

Absolutely! There’s improvements to be made for sure, but it’s nice to see the points keep coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Brilliant start to the season. Draw away to Chelsea first game, win against Bournemouth with 10 men, win away to Newcastle with 10 men and win away to Wolves after international break with a 12.30 kick off and a make shift defence.

I feel there is still a lot more to come for this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Missed the first 55 minutes cos of my crap stream. Once I got it working, Liverpool scored 3 goals and won the game.

I'm not saying that we won cos of me but.....😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Once Wolves tired by 20%, Szoboszlai absolutely bossed that, and as I've already said, Salah was the difference in quality.

The weight and timing for that 2nd assist was beautiful.

City will win this league, and probably by March, but I'm telling you, we're the only team Pep doesn't want to see on a run of form. He's not scared of Arsenal, I guarantee you.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Ferm001

Quansah had good steady game, did what needed to be done, looks promising for future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think my comments were very fair for the first half performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I really can't get my head around the decision to start MacAllister, of all the South Americans he was the one playing in the toughest conditions the past week, he was clearly leggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The accusations of Salah being greedy/selfish have entirely vanished in the last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Took us 10 games to get 4 wins last season, we now have it after 5 so yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Our PL fixtures don't seem to be getting any easier - home to west ham then away to both Brighton and Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lovely satisfied feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That will be after Brighton's away trip to Marseille in EL. We haven't seen how they will acclimate to playing in Europe yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Both Manc teams losing 👀🤞🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Brighton are about to begin a run of fixtures in which they play 2 games every week. The PL game against Liverpool on October 8th is at the end of that run.

AEK Athens (H), Bournemouth (H), Chelsea (A), Aston Villa (A), Marselle (A), Liverpool (H)

Such fixture congestion and it's impact on recovery times and match preparations will be a new experience for their squad and coaching staff. Rodgers' Liverpool team were great when there was 6/7 days to recover and prepare for the next opponent, but the wheels really came off when the European fixtures were in the mix leaving 3/4 days between games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Good for Robertson scoring the goal to take the lead, good to see him up the pitch again. The effect of Trent moving into midfield as the pivot, which I can see the purpose of today when Gomez did it a few times as it allows you to overload the middle of the park, means Robertson is the one that has to stay back and it looks like he is not as effective as he used to be. But I think it is more down to our change in style which means he is staying back and this is negating his attacking prowess for us. I am not going to try and debate if it is better to have him roaming down the wing or not, that is for smarter people than me, but I do like that we have another way to approach a match. That is not a bad thing to give the other team more things to think about when they have to prepare for the match against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

I feel sorry for him. Klopp must not have much confidence in Endo change. I have a bad feeling MacAllister will be flogged until January. I just hope he gets a rest on thrusday night.

Would be surprised given a pretty fine international break too

• Advertisement

What sort of parent names their child Hannibal 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Utd thread loosing it's mind because Brighton should have been there for the taking. Utd playing poor anyway.

Brighton are a seriously good team and are going to be fighting for top 4-6 this season. A well run club with a plan. They will take points off loads of clubs this season. Based on their final position last season, and don't understand how anyone thinks they are there for the taking.

Just heard the co-commentator say they are a title contender...wait and see how they do with Europe first. They are a very good team though, that much is clear. We will have to see how they cope with Europe and the league, we play them I think at a good time. City will play them after the next international break as well, so if they struggle to cope with Europe it may not have that big of an effect when they play them either. Then again it is City so they will probably put 6 past them in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Do you have any good feelings about the team at the moment?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Last season we went 1-0 down 17 times, we ended up winning 3 of those games.

So far this season we've gone 1-0 down 3 times, we've won all 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Surely he was always the one most likely to play? Our forward options give Klopp the luxury of rotating Nunez and Luiz. Jones has shown he's not capable of playing 6 and Endo is worryingly already not getting any mins.

With the bare bones defence we were forced to start, Klopp probably felt we had provide the best protection possible (Mac in the 6) but as you said he looked knackered and thankfully he was hooked.

I really hope the UEFA games can help Endo get up to speed. Mac and szobo need to be rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

And I read somewhere it took us to Christmas to win 2 games away from home

I think all 3 should've been rested, Mac was playing 12000ft above sea level midweek he was always gonna be knackered. Really surprised Endo didn't start.

That being said the second half midfield of the Szoboszlai-Jones sort of pivot with Elliott further ahead really worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

MacAlister playing was mental. Bolivia is as far flung and remote as you can get. There's literally no air. Walking is difficult and illness is almost inevitable. FIFA tried to ban playing there. It was proven today by his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Heard his nickname in the dressing room is noodler! 😏

Btw this is why I have no interest in the "Salah is over 30" discussions. He's not showing any signs of decline, he's actually still getting better. His vision and passing execution is on another level this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I can enjoy this.

We are in a ridiculously competitive league with teams that are well capable of performing better than their sum parts and all of that etc. To be able to come back in these instances shows a great resilience.

I don't think we are going to realistically challenge City, but it is nice to know that securing Champions League qualification should be within this teams grasp if we can remain injury free (defensively).

Motd just confirmed we don't like playing the 12.30 Saturday morning, we didn't win any of the six fixtures last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sorry it was because of me actually. Watching it on Iranian telly again.

i might be fluent by the end of the season.

It's actually ridiculous city have 15/15 looking at the fixtures and circumstances of their games.

Gives me no hope they drop enough points for anyone to catch them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

First half exactly as I expected. We have the firepower and strength in attack to change a game. Nunez should of scored but he was an absolute handful when he came on. Soboszlai was excellent throughout again, the lad is everywhere. It's rare to get that type of player who has the work rate but even greater technical ability.

Delighted, squad is looking really strong, I continue to feel we will be city's closes challenger.

Technically the title is still in our hands, we match their results and beat them twice...

Just read an article where a football manager was given a warning for betting on multiple football matches yet players have been given fines for making one bet on a match and Toney given a long ban. Seems like there was a court case and due to that the manager was given anonymity and due to that, if the FA did ban him it would have lead to them breaking the court order. Basically boys and girls, if you are in legal trouble with the FA, make a court case out of the alleged breaches and ask the courts to give you anonymity and it will tie the FA's hands because they don't want to break a court order.

"Manager A is still working in the top four professional divisions in the English game but has left the club where his gambling led to an FA investigation. His current team were made aware of the court case and the possibility that, as a result of the evidence, their employee would face disciplinary charges.

However, the case was complicated for the FA, bearing in mind Manager A has been granted anonymity via the legal system.

To ban a manager in those circumstances would immediately have risked identifying him, even inadvertently, as the same person who was involved in a court case that had attracted publicity last year.

At least one person with inside knowledge of the FA processes had doubts that the organisation would be willing to grapple with the issue and either charge or punish him."

Just found that interesting.

• Advertisement

Apologies, it was meant as a tongue in cheek joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Be hoping the likes of Kelleher, Tsimikas, Endo, Bajetic, Gravenberch will get starts on Thursday. Maybe VVD will play too though he got 2 games with Holland to keep him ticking over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Based on the reasoning for Van Dijk's suspension I'd expect to see about 5 players across the league suspended after their behaviour this weekend.

I'm sure we'll see nothing done though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

This is probably my biggest bugbear as regards following Liverpool (and other clubs are just as bad I reckon), but it seems that there's an army of people who watch games just to be offended because Player A didn't get punished for something Player B (from their club) did a few weeks previously. Honestly, folk need to let **** go. Truly believe LFC supporters are among the worst at this, Paul Tomkins a perfect example of this phenomenon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

16 games unbeaten, and some are still battling that mental mindset of the first half of last season, the difference is the like of Gakpo, Diaz, MacAllister, Endo, Sobo, Jota are immune to it, the only know positive form in a Liverpool shirt, it's the likes of Nunez, VVD, Robertson, Trent, Gomez, Konate that look like they still are forcing it out there, still fearing the worst, rather than playing fearlessly. This is what new blood brings to a team, that sense of novelty , that is fresh, unique and original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thought it must be something like that all right.

Got away with that one yesterday, really should have been 3 down at half time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Just catching up on some of the other matches over the weekend and looking at the penalty Gordon won for Newcastle,can you imagine the uproar there would be if Salah won that kind of penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

The uproar would be non existent because not in a million years is any PL ref or VAR team awarding Salah a penalty in that situation. I mean they don't even award him free kicks when every full back in the league spends their weekends suspended from the sleeves of his jersey!

Advertisement